Lynde

stateorbust

He is Delphi's first state champ at any sport!  Go T

That's great being from a smaller school myself I know how big it us when you make it to state let alone win a state title. Big for everyone not just the wrestling team but the coaches, school, teaches & community. Coach Atwood has done a hell of a job over the last few yrs. Congrats to Tanner, looking forward to watching u wrestle for the gold & black & reunite with Braden Atwood be awesome to see u both be NCAA All Americans & Hopefully national champions

Who do you believe was better Atwood or Lynde. I would have to say Atwood

Why would you write something like this?  This kid just won the state championship! Why would you want to take the chance of making this kid feel bad by comparing him to his esteemed coach.    Have some respect!!

what a dumb A$$ question, would expect better from you WC

its a valid question, just not appropriate for this thread.....  and I got Lynde

Good luck at Purdue and make all the Boiler faithful proud.....

I was honestly in awe of the cool-mannered way that Tanner handled winning the championship.  I remember when Braden lost to MJJ, he had a similar "big" way of handling his emotions.  Whatever is happening in Delphi, it is producing quality young men from the wrestling program. 

I know for a fact that T Lynde received a phone call walking off of the mat after the finals from Atwood.  He was the first to congratulate him...do you know what this is?  It's called class and both boys have it.  There has never been any competition between the two of them, they make each other better and are the best of friends.  Thank you for the positive posts on T, that shows class and it is appreciated.

its a valid question, just not appropriate for this thread..... 

Agreed. But on a sidenote, what is Lynde projected weight at Purdue? Atwood moving up to 197? Lynde cutting to 174? Something like that will most likely take place, I Dont see these 2 friends battling it out for the spot at 184

Congrats Tanner!

I had the pleasure of getting to know Tanner, Braden, Coach Atwood and his son Mike at the 2010 Disney duals.

Great people.  The Atwoods and Tanner treated my young son with great respect, and I cannot wait to see these two young men reunited at Purdue this Fall.

Pretty sure the Purdue coaches have the Lynde/Atwood weight issue all figured out.  Both boys know where they fall into the program and let's face it, college coaches may know a thing or two that we spectators don't ;)

Well I cant wait to see how they handle it. These 2 guys deserve to be in the lineup. Maybe redshirt Lynde next yr only make him better. By that time Atwood will prolly grow & get more muscle mass maybe transition into 197 & Lynde squeezes in at 184

I know these guys r friends, but if they r the same weight they will have to wrestle off I don't think either wrestler wants that

• 2 weeks later...

Tanner is planning on wrestling 174, it shouldn't be a difficult cut for him unless he has a growth spurt.  I think he weighed in at state under 180 pounds on Saturday, and I know he weighed under 178 two hours after his finals match.  Looking forward to watching Tanner and Braden compete for the "old gold and black".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.