Perry has 8 place in the top 7

Rebel89

Perry was definitely the class of the field today.  I know Mater Dei did awfully good in 2003 and Mishawaka in 2010, but this Perry team has to be in the discussion for the best showing at the individual tournament ever.  What say you?

Below are the would be team scores from this past weekend as reported in another thread.  If these are accurate it shows just how dominant of a preformance this was for Perry.  A 46 point margin over second is impressive.  Have there been any other individual state team scores that have compared to this?

Perry Meridian  119

Cathedral  73

Crown Point  66

Hanover Central  61

Yorktown  53

Evansville Mater Dei  47

Merrillville  46

Lake Central  40

Bellmont  32

Lawrence North  31

South Adams  31

Below are the would be team scores from this past weekend as reported in another thread.  If these are accurate it shows just how dominant of a preformance this was for Perry.  A 46 point margin over second is impressive.  Have there been any other individual state team scores that have compared to this?

Perry Meridian   119

Cathedral   73

Crown Point   66

Hanover Central   61

Yorktown   53

Evansville Mater Dei   47

Merrillville   46

Lake Central   40

Bellmont   32

Lawrence North   31

South Adams   31

1980-81 delta team won by 48.5. Have to think the 2003 EMD team had big differential with 5 in the finals (4 champs and 1 runner up) don't know how many they had place in total.

2003 MD Placed 9 with 4 Champs and 1 punner-up.  They might had 3 more, but the mighty Griffith H.S. keep that happeing with 4 champs of their own.  Over all MD points total was the highes scored.  Someone else can let us know if the points spread would be with Griffin.

You pm people are too much.  I have absolutely no cat in this nap contest but you really think this years pm team can even be mentioned in the same breath as that md team from 2003?  One champ vs. four?  Seven placers vs. nine?  Five md guys were in the finals.  we moved to indiana in 2002 & we live in ne indiana so I think I'm pretty unbiased re this subject.  Frankly, I thought pm would have a much better showing last weekend.  They are a very good team but give the hyperbole a rest.  The best team indiana has ever seen?  I just dont see it.  They will walk to the last ihsaa team title for sure but I think the recent cp and mishawaka  championship teams would give this years pm team all they could handle and more.

2003 MD Placed 9 with 4 Champs and 1 punner-up.  They might had 3 more, but the mighty Griffin H.S. keep that happeing with 4 champs of their own.  Over all MD points total was the highes scored.  Someone else can let us know if the points spread would be with Griffin.

Agreed this year's Perry team is good but not as good as EMD 2003 (probably not as good as 2009 Mishawaka)

It is amazing to me that the 2003 EMD team lost a dual meet that year to OH's Parish Gramme --Don't know the details, but wow that team must have been stacked!

FYI - it is Griffith

You pm people are too much.  I have absolutely no cat in this nap contest but you really think this years pm team can even be mentioned in the same breath as that md team from 2003?  One champ vs. four?  Seven placers vs. nine?  Five md guys were in the finals.  we moved to indiana in 2002 & we live in ne indiana so I think I'm pretty unbiased re this subject.  Frankly, I thought pm would have a much better showing last weekend.  They are a very good team but give the hyperbole a rest.  The best team indiana has ever seen?  I just dont see it.  They will walk to the last ihsaa team title for sure but I think the recent cp and mishawaka  championship teams would give this years pm team all they could handle and more.

Well none of the people that have compared the two teams have been perry people. We haven't even won team state this year so 1oldwrestler I'm sorry whatever beef you have with PM but every chance you get you seem to try and put us down. On a side note we had 8 placers. So that would be 8 placers vs 9 placers and 3 finalists vs 5 finalists and one champ vs 4 champs. We do win in the runner up category though :) . We know how tough the 2003 MD team was they kicked our butt pretty bad so no need to tell us how dominate they were same goes for the Mishawaka teams but thanks. Also feel free to pm me who you are so we can know who has such a problem with us or you can continue to hide behind the computer screen.

106 Cottey placed 7th loosing to the 3rd place finisher and beating a very tough Brown and he has 2 more years

113 James could be a 3 timer. he got 3rd with only 1 loose all season. 3 more years

126 Lecount could be a 2 timer, beat a 2 time state champ and beat a 2 time 3rd place finisher. has 2 more years

132 McKinley was a 2 timer but is graduating

138 Bova lost to The champ and the lost to Kelley From Central. 2 time state placer and still has another year

160 Johnson finished 3rd and is graduating this year

170 massengale got 2nd and will prolly win it all next year. still has 1 last season

HWT Winfield could win it all next year. still has a season.

Am i missing someone?

They arent a 2003 MD this year but next year they could have 3-4 state champs if everything goes right with lk 4 other placers. I see Bova and Cottey AT least getting 5th possibly 3rd or 4th and Lecount, Massengale, Winfield, James could all win it. Very impressive.

106 Cottey placed 7th loosing to the 3rd place finisher and beating a very tough Brown and he has 2 more years

113 James could be a 3 timer. he got 3rd with only 1 loose all season. 3 more years

126 Lecount could be a 2 timer, beat a 2 time state champ and beat a 2 time 3rd place finisher. has 2 more years

138 Bova lost to The champ and the lost to Kelley From Central. 2 time state placer and still has another year

170 massengale got 2nd and will prolly win it all next year. still has 1 last season

Am i missing someone?

They arent a 2003 MD this year but next year they could have 3-4 state champs if everything goes right with lk 4 other placers. I see Bova and Cottey AT least getting 5th possibly 3rd or 4th and Lecount, Massengale, Winfield, James could all win it. Very impressive.

They look like they will be a very strong tournament team again next year - with the IHSAA going away form the team dual meet format will they be re-introducing the Coaches Trophy  format?  Clearly PM is the early favorite.

Am i missing someone?

182 Martin finished 4th and is graduating

Agreed this year's Perry team is good but not as good as EMD 2003 (probably not as good as 2009 Mishawaka)

It is amazing to me that the 2003 EMD team lost a dual meet that year to OH's Parish Gramme --Don't know the details, but wow that team must have been stacked!

FYI - it is Griffith

FYI - it is St. Paris Graham.  They finished 3rd in the nation that year and had such notables as the Schlatter brothers (Dustin and CP) and Joe Dennis, etc.

Of course they recruit. Just heard Perry has two Russian  exchange students coming in next year. Boris and Vladamir both will have a tough year transitioning from international to folkstyle  but still very tough kids.

Yes, Boris and Vladimir are both excellent FS  and Greco wrestlers. They are twins and will be sophomores next year and will either be at 182 and 195 or possibly 195 and 220. They will fit in nicely.

These are the totals that I came up with between 1st and 2nd from '03.

Mater Dei 161

Griffith 84

Wow that is an impressive margin of victory.  Anyone know what the team scores were for the Mishawaka team?  Not sure if it was 2009 or 2010.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.