Petrov

fay

just got back and we are so happy for him, great young man , things happen for a reason and he is a state champ. way to petrov and micic.  Cedar lake should welcome you home with a fire engine ride.

If not we can parade in da ole f-350 around da lake !

I was thrilled last night when I found out that Paul had won. The Petrov family is a class act. We have had matches with them for year, every time we met it was a very fun and exciting match, but win or lose there was always respect between the two. I look forward every year to seeing him and his dad at state. Dan Gable once said that gold medals are made of hard work, determination, and a hard to find alloy called guts. Well, the Petrovs havee and always will add to that. They add class. Congrats Paul, you worked your tail off for this, and deserve it. Good luck wherever your wrestling takes you from here on out.

Dave Odom

Wow! He was impressive.  Won the toughest wt IMO and deserved it. Congrats

Yep, I thought he was tourney MVP (with all respect to Brooks & Tsirtsis)

The Todd semifinal was great. He got up 5-1, didn't shut it down, saw the opportunity and

went for the pin, wow!

Then against Campbell, he got down, stayed calm and knew he could wear Campbell down and hit

the accelerator.  Amazing how before and early in the match, Campbell was the crowd sentimental favorite

but then the support from the crowd  turned and Paul seem to feed off if that.

As someone posted, that FAMILY has worked their tails off and it was great for them to get a title. Being that it was the last of 12 tries had to make it that much more special. Congrats to the entire family. Best of luck to Paul at Bucknell, they're getting a good one.

I've had the pleasure of talking to this family on a few occasions at state events as Paul has grown up.  Paul's always has a great focus and dedication to improve throughout his career.  I was happy to watch his performance in possibly te best match of the night on Saturday.  It takes confidence to cut a state finalist in the 3rd period knowing you are giving them the lead.  But after that takedown you could see Paul was so on a mission (only the wrestlers getting caught in a bad position stopped the momentum)  he could have went on a run for the next hour.  That has to be a great feeling to have as you end your last high school match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.