Petrov vs campbell

KyleM

Lots of action on the mat for the afinals match. But looked like Petrov made a nice comeback and earned his points. Overall, I dont think the referee determined the outcome of the match. The wrestlers did.

only because campbell didnt get away......... didnt see any nearfall in the 3rd, but somehow petrov as awarded 3??........but for sure best match of the night

Best finals match I have seen, as far as conpetitiveness.  Worst officiating.  Lucally, the one who won deserved it. 

Campbell deserved to win that match too. Both kids worked their tail ends off to make it there. I applaud both wrestlers. For their performance throughout the day and during the finals.

IMO I think Campbell is one of the best wrestlers I've seen and not win a state title along with Atwood and Mackie.

I completely agree with you on this one. Campbell has been an awesome high school wrestler. He was undefeated his freshman year, placed third as a sophomore and runner-up as a junior and senior. That loss was heartbreaking for a Campbell fan, but Petrov was a very gracious and humble champion. Those two guys put on the best show I've seen under the lights in years. What a final. Congrats to both Brenden and Paul. That match alone was worth the price of admission, the $7 mini pizza and the $12 parking.

I couldnt be there but my brother and his daughter were and to hear the pbp from him and watch it online was amazing.  Brendens a great kid with a very bright future.  Brenden (and Kayla) have inspired my niece to wrestle (already a fan, now wants to lace em up) and become a champion.  Thanks Brenden, for being such a good person.

I completely agree with you on this one. Campbell has been an awesome high school wrestler. He was undefeated his freshman year, placed third as a sophomore and runner-up as a junior and senior. That loss was heartbreaking for a Campbell fan, but Petrov was a very gracious and humble champion. Those two guys put on the best show I've seen under the lights in years. What a final. Congrats to both Brenden and Paul. That match alone was worth the price of admission, the $7 mini pizza and the $12 parking.

Best finals matches in the last two years involved Campbell.

As a former NC wrestler Im so honored and proud to have known and help coach em.. I know he will be successful in ANYTHING he does...he may have come up just short but he had 2 of the sickest matches under the lights in recent years...Very rare to get there twice I foresee AA status in the coming years...love ya lil bro...hats off to Paulie what a run beating 2 of the top 20 in the Country thats UNREAL feat!

Reminded me of the Ayersman Campbell match of last year. Campbell got us early but wasnt able to close. My fav matches of each year

I agree that last night's match was exciting, but I still have to say last year's match between Ayersman and Campbell was the best match I have ever seen.

You could see the fire in Paul's eyes going into the last part of the match.  When he decided to cut Campbell and give him the lead late he had to be on a mission.  After the following takedown Paul was so far in te zone he probably could have keep going all night at the pace he was on.   That had to be a special moment for him to realize he was so dialed in that he could hit everything.   If it wasn't for the ref stoppage due to a dangerous position Paul may have even scored a few more times.  That's not a knock on Campbell's great talent but a testimate a very talented Petrov who was able to be in that perfewrestlungndiing state of mind for the last minute of a big time match.

Just wanna thank both wrestlers for everything they poured in to getting to this level. Talk about a tough weight class! That was one of those matches I wish no one had to lose.

For me, this was an electifying match.  The highlight was with score 10 - 10, Petrov cut Campbell and went on an all out attack.  He seemed to be one fire with a ferocious desire to compete and win.  An epic struggle between two great kids.

I would like to start off by congradulating these two young GLADIATORS ... I felt like I was in Rome watching these two battle to the bitter end.  It's by far the best match that I have ever seen since going to State ...  Thanks for the memories ..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.