Kral/Robinson

IU90

Looked like he was trying to win to me.

Agreed, but think you gotta try and win with something a little safer.  That was desperation there when it was not needed.  I would just like to know exactly what changed the officials mind.  Asst. ref did not look to be behind main official.  Very strange call. Tough break for Robinson.

Agreed, but think you gotta try and win with something a little safer.  That was desperation there when it was not needed.  I would just like to know exactly what changed the officials mind.  Asst. ref did not look to be behind main official.  Very strange call. Tough break for Robinson.

I agree but that is Robinson's offense.  What was amazing to me was that the only stall warning the whole match was on Robinson?????

Without trying to upset the officals that monitor this board, I will comment again on this topic.  Bad call.  Nothing should have been changed there.  Not sure what the asst. ref saw differently then the main ref seeing that he was out of position and behind the main ref.  Most refs are pretty confident with there line calls, I know having the benefit of video after the fact makes it easy, but it was not even close to starting that takedown out of bounds.  Unfortunate for Robinson, but that is the way it goes at times.

Like Robinson and Kral both and don't care who won, but thought it was the right call. 

Congrats to Tyler, but that was a horrible call.  The worst case that should have been was a take down only. Gelen's body and Tyler Stall's shoulders, were all touching in bounds when he tossed him on his head.  Where was Bobby Cox on that one?  He can come out of the stands

when for  "Harvey-crapped in his-singleet gate" last year.  These refs stole that match.

The most disappointing thing is that the two heavyweight finalists shot more than Kral/stall the entire tourney. How embarrasing when the refts allow 6 mintures of  Krall buring his head, ovrarm and other.

That would be tough for a official because robinson is taking all these shots yet he is constantly backing up throughout the match. I think the reason robinson kept trying to throw him was because he knew they were about to call him for backing up. I think robinson wrestled smart and kral probably is a little lucky that he didnt get caught with any of those throws. Congrats to tyler you can bash him all you want but he is a state champ few can say that about themselves.

After watching the Robison/ Kral match again, the call of Robinsons take down at the edge of the mat is a tough one.  They were both in, but it looks like Kral rolls thru it, could go either way, definately no back points, that was a good call.  Now about Robinson getting robbed and Kral getting a gift of a call,  people seem to forget the match before where Robinson was called for an illeagal slam, if not for the sportsmanship of the Boehm and the HH coaching staff Robinson sould have been DQed and not even been in the semis, so i guess Robinson received a gift also.  The 5th time these 2 have met caongrats to both.

After watching the Robison/ Kral match again, the call of Robinsons take down at the edge of the mat is a tough one.  They were both in, but it looks like Kral rolls thru it, could go either way, definately no back points, that was a good call.  Now about Robinson getting robbed and Kral getting a gift of a call,  people seem to forget the match before where Robinson was called for an illeagal slam, if not for the sportsmanship of the Boehm and the HH coaching staff Robinson sould have been DQed and not even been in the semis, so i guess Robinson received a gift also.  The 5th time these 2 have met caongrats to both.

Not sure how the action in another match has bearing in the refereeing in this match.....unless your into that Karma type of thing

I was befuddled on how Robinson got the only stall warning called on him in this match...Even when Kral was in full retreat during the last 45 seconds as Robinson attempted throw after throw after throw

This is a bad call.  You are ruled in bounds until both wrestlers have a supporting point out of bounds.  Kral NEVER is out of bounds during this exchange.  There's enough of Kral in bounds so that he's in criteria to be pinned had their been enough time on the clock.  Tough break for Robinson.  Also, the assistant ref should have been on the other side of the wrestlers and not behind the head referee so he could have a different angle.

1- I don't know why robinsons coaches didn't tell him, "hey there's 1:30+ left in the match, we don't need 5!"

2- just another reason why they need to change the out of bounds rule, you lose so much wrestling on the edge due to this darn rule.  I think it should be similar to college when it comes to out of bounds but that's just my own opinion. Good luck to both in the future.

To answer question 1, he's a sophomore who has been wrestling only 4 years, he wins by being an incredible athlete. While I agree trying to hit the move that late in the match is not smart wrestling, the kid was trying to do what he does best, win the match. I suppose he could have buried his head in his opponent's chest and pushed into him and wrestled for overtime, but he's young and went for it.

I agree with point 2, in college you are rewarded for being aggressive on the edge, even when your opponent is trying to use it as an advantage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.