camp suggestions

wrestlingdad73

My son has wrestled for 4 years, 3 in middle school and 1 in high school. He won conference in ms But is finding it takes more to win in hs lol (he can't just out muscle them now). Knows the basics But that's about it. He has stated he wants to go to some camps and clinics. So with that being said does anyone have any suggestions of good ones he should attend or even ones to avoid? We are in the northern Indiana area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Purler or Granby are excellent camps! Depends on what he wants to learn. Leg riding, takedowns, a system like Purler or Granby. There are alot of great camps out there, My son is in a similar spot, we're doing Purler this year, small camp size (45 wrestlers) and they drill wrestling, not push-ups, sit-ups and running! What I've found is, go to the best camps you can, but make sure you're on the mat with top notch competition. Wrestling great wrestlers will do wonders for him! Just my 2 cents. Also Chertow camps are really good from what I hear!

The only problem with club or academies is that wrestling isn't his only sport. He has two others occupying his time as well. These are his words not mine lol, But he says he isn't expecting to go to state But he would like to compete and give the other kid all he can handle every match lol.) I will definately look at the above mentioned camps and thanks again.

One camp that I really like is the Jeff Jordan State Champ Camp.  You learn some really good technique, drill, and live wrestle a lot.  Also you should think about joining a club over the summer that you can go to every week to get better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.