Alternate

Jon H

The alternates are the wrestlers who lost to the semi-state champion in the go round - correct?  I'm sure this doesn't happen too often - when was the last time an alternate went to State?

I don't wish injury to anyone but I would like to see a certain alternate from the Evansville Semi-State make it to Indy.....................maybe due to a curfew violation / strict parent, etc.!!

you just beat me to it duncan wrestled well against lovejoy

If I remember correctly, Lovejoy got an early lead but got gassed and Duncan made a furious comeback.  I remember thinking if the match was 1 min longer he might have done it.  Not bad for a kid who wasnt suppose to wrestle.

ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO A LEO WRESTLER WAS AN ALTERNATE TO THE SEMI STATE OUT OF REGIONALS, AND GOT A CHANCE TO COMPETE. AT SEMI STATE HE WON HIS FIRST AND WAS THEN BEATEN BY THE CHAMPION, ALA THE ALTERNATE AGAIN THIS TIME TO STATE. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED, YEP HE GOT THE CHANCE TO WRESTLE AND WON ON FRIDAY NIGHT!! A STATE PLACE WINNER AS THE ULTIMATE ALTERNATE, YES, OUT OF THE FT WAYNE SEMI STATE. MY AGE AND DIMINISHING MEMORY HAVE BLANKED ON HIS NAME. WHO REMEMBERS?

The alternates are the wrestlers who lost to the semi-state champion in the go round - correct?  I'm sure this doesn't happen too often - when was the last time an alternate went to State?

I don't wish injury to anyone but I would like to see a certain alternate from the Evansville Semi-State make it to Indy.....................maybe due to a curfew violation / strict parent, etc.!!

If a guy missed weight would the alt step in also

If B. Rueger somehow stepped in as an alternate at the #4 seed I can see him winning friday night and placing possibly top 2

That would be a crazy match... #2 Reugar v #4 Bradley on Friday night....

I would still take Bradley    ;D

ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO A LEO WRESTLER WAS AN ALTERNATE TO THE SEMI STATE OUT OF REGIONALS, AND GOT A CHANCE TO COMPETE. AT SEMI STATE HE WON HIS FIRST AND WAS THEN BEATEN BY THE CHAMPION, ALA THE ALTERNATE AGAIN THIS TIME TO STATE. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED, YEP HE GOT THE CHANCE TO WRESTLE AND WON ON FRIDAY NIGHT!! A STATE PLACE WINNER AS THE ULTIMATE ALTERNATE, YES, OUT OF THE FT WAYNE SEMI STATE. MY AGE AND DIMINISHING MEMORY HAVE BLANKED ON HIS NAME. WHO REMEMBERS?

Weight Class?

The Leo wrestler was Mark Toarmina.  I may have the first name wrong. He also had a brother who wasn't as good of a wrestler.  He wrestled around the 138-145 range and placed again the next year.  He was also the coach at Leo for a few years.

The Leo wrestler was Mark Toarmina.  I may have the first name wrong. He also had a brother who wasn't as good of a wrestler.  He wrestled around the 138-145 range and placed again the next year.  He was also the coach at Leo for a few years.

And wrestled for Oklahoma State I believe

And wrestled for Oklahoma State I believe

YES HE DID,  AND THAT QUALIFIES HIM AS ONE OF  THE BEST WRESTLERS EVER TO COME OUT OF INDIANA. MAKING THE COWBOY LINE UP IS A BIG DEAL. THANKS GUYS NOW I CAN FOCUS ON THIS WEEKEND!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.