who got more? CIA, Team Humphries, RWA, or?

JakeandBreighton

Oh, so here we go again..."signal34" running their chops all while hiding behind a made up screen name.  Don't want anyone to know who you are huh?  You are obviously someone who has never stepped foot inside Contenders Wrestling Academy (or if you did couldn't hack it).  So let me educate you a little bit....CWA was started in 2006 with a group of 4 year olds, who practiced in a garage and kicked some ass at tournaments.  While along the way more and more kids joined up they have always been young wrestlers, some are now in middle school, but the largest numbers are still elementary age and those few 4 year olds that started it all...yeah they are 5th graders now.  So no we don't have a big showing at high school state, but I'd take notice if I were you that in about 4 years you will see Contenders Wrestling Academy all over that place.

Now as far as your harsh words about our coach, I think it is not only uncalled for but just shows the kind of class you have.  Ryan is ABSOLUTLEY loved by every singlRIOUX

#nobodylikesawinner         

e one of those boys.  There is not one kid in that room that wouldn't do anything he asked of them out of complete love and respect.  He is by far the best youth coach in the state, I think the 7  team state championships and 56, yes I said 56, individual state champions that he has produced proves that without question.

LAUREN

signal 34 the motivation you have unleashed will be amazing

lauren this guy is going to make you and ryan alot of money (kiddy killer t-shirts) xl please

here kiddy kiddy!!!!!!!

Karl, did you ever fix that womans cable?  

Yes I believe you have that shirt... you should wear it this weekend!!

Infowrestling... No line stealing... that is a fine... go find a cash machine!!

Now back to topic:  I agree Ryan does a great job with his little guys teaches them lots of good technique and works them pretty hard.  Like with most sports sometimes kids need a change of pace or a fresh start after a few years of working with youth coaches.  I believe that is why some of the contenders change clubs as they get older that  and they wrestle for thier high school club or coach.  But coach Ryan can take great pride when those little "Dudes" becoming achievers as they get older.  He will have always had a hand in their success.  My hats off to him, coaching younger wrestlers takes a special personality.  

I think what the clubs have done for wrestling is great but i don't think they should be getting  the credit for these kids trips to state. I mean there are head coaches during the season making 13 dollars a day basically while in season(off season not included that is free.99). While clubs coaches are making $$ sometime $$$ for an hour session!?!? That to me is crazy i know some have overhead to pay for but man. Well i just felt like a small rant. Thanks to all you High School coaches who basically donate your time. And foremost time away from your young children and families. Most of these people on this site have no idea what you have to go through on a daily basis. Thanks for everything

I think what the clubs have done for wrestling is great but i don't think they should be getting  the credit for these kids trips to state. I mean there are head coaches during the season making 13 dollars a day basically while in season(off season not included that is free.99). While clubs coaches are making $$ sometime $$$ for an hour session!?!? That to me is crazy i know some have overhead to pay for but man. Well i just felt like a small rant. Thanks to all you High School coaches who basically donate your time. And foremost time away from your young children and families. Most of these people on this site have no idea what you have to go through on a daily basis. Thanks for everything

$13.00 a day? When was that increase approved?

Great post Zach!

I think it's nuts to pay for workouts with coaches who have little or no college experience and/or accolades. Basically, you pay more money now days to attend what used to be RTC. With the exception of a few, those are mostly modified club practices with the majority of participants being JV or in junior high. IMO, these academies have taken quality kids away from the medium and smaller clubs and watered down our RTC's.

Great post Zach!

I think it's nuts to pay for workouts with coaches who have little or no college experience and/or accolades. Basically, you pay more money now days to attend what used to be RTC. With the exception of a few, those are mostly modified club practices with the majority of participants being JV or in junior high. IMO, these academies have taken quality kids away from the medium and smaller clubs and watered down our RTC's.

I will say that it blows paying to go to these clubs, but obviously you have never been to a CIA practice. The room is FULL of state champs, multiple placers and such. I've seen some amazing Aug/Sept/Oct wrestling between STUDS. 

I'm not saying there are not studs in there. I'm saying, take your studs, and make the other kids in your community better. You can pay to wrestle other studs on any given Saturday. My reference was also made in regards to the staffs of these academies, not the wrestlers.

Team Tone.      PM

Many of the Perry kids also train with CIA.

Also, if you ever get thechance to see a CIA session you'll find it's a lot more than just having a bunch of talented kids in the room. Coach P has got quite a system that goes beyond the mat.

Saw on a twitter feed that CIA had (and I can't confirm this) 21 kids place, with 4 champs and 7 runner ups.  I'd have to say they are doing something right overthere.

I haven't found any thing on any other academies - I can only assume Region Wrestling academy got at least a couple of champs with as well as Merrilleville SS did tonight.

It is a farce not to give a lot of the credit to all of the wrestling academies in Indiana for the success of the most dominant wrestlers in this state.

It is these clubs that have ushered in a younger generation and indoctrinated young wrestlers into the sport. They give an opportunity for all wrestlers to learn and sharpen there skills year round. They encourage IN wrestlers to compete year round in National events while in most cases being there to support and coach them when you would not even see your HS Coaches.

My sons have worked out and been blessed with many of these IN academies and has added techniques and philosophies from all of them .

All of these clubs offer something different than the other but their number one priority is to build not only a better wrestler but a better person .

They offer consistency and routine and a room full of other good wrestlers to train with.

Not every HS has a Tonte or Ellis and staff that shows up for every practice elementary to HS and coaches at every local tournament  but even then some of their kids supplement their training at these other clubs.

A very wise coach told me this year . Its not about the coach , it is about the wrestler. The sooner a coach figures that out , the better he can make his wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.