who got more? CIA, Team Humphries, RWA, or?

JakeandBreighton

This will be a great question after the finals I'm thinking RWA will have a awesome showing

Got some great big guys in the region, how many of them supplement @ RWA? Of particular interest, Gelen Robinson, Kral(s), Berry...Seems like a market could be cornered.

Contenders are 1 for 1.

Contenders is Elementary/Middle School  driven I think we have only had 3 high school kids since it started in 2006.

Hunter Fox (9th)- 2012 State Quailifer

Dustin Parrish - 2x State Placer and wrestling at U of Indy

Kaleb Heald - SSQ and wrestling at U of Indy

This will be a great question after the finals I'm thinking RWA will have a awesome showing

It is easy to point to the champs after they have been crowned, but it takes a little more fortitude for these academies to put who their kids are prior to the start of the tournament.

I for one am very curious to know who works out/supplements, their  training at these schools/academies.

It is easy to point to the champs after they have been crowned, but it takes a little more fortitude for these academies to put who their kids are prior to the start of the tournament.

I for one am very curious to know who works out (supplements) there training at these schools/academies.

Yea

Kiddy killer doesn't work to well at the high school level. (contenders)

Oh, so here we go again..."signal34" running their chops all while hiding behind a made up screen name.  Don't want anyone to know who you are huh?  You are obviously someone who has never stepped foot inside Contenders Wrestling Academy (or if you did couldn't hack it).  So let me educate you a little bit....CWA was started in 2006 with a group of 4 year olds, who practiced in a garage and kicked some ass at tournaments.  While along the way more and more kids joined up they have always been young wrestlers, some are now in middle school, but the largest numbers are still elementary age and those few 4 year olds that started it all...yeah they are 5th graders now.  So no we don't have a big showing at high school state, but I'd take notice if I were you that in about 4 years you will see Contenders Wrestling Academy all over that place.

Now as far as your harsh words about our coach, I think it is not only uncalled for but just shows the kind of class you have.  Ryan is ABSOLUTLEY loved by every single one of those boys.  There is not one kid in that room that wouldn't do anything he asked of them out of complete love and respect.  He is by far the best youth coach in the state, I think the 7  team state championships and 56, yes I said 56, individual state champions that he has produced proves that without question.

LAUREN RIOUX

#nobodylikesawinner          

Calm Down Lauren... no one was bashing the coach here... the coach is not the issue the technique is what they were referring to...  it will be very interesting to see how these kids progress through high school ... if it pans out I think you will see many more "contender" type of programs used as high school feeder programs.  

Am I Wrong?!?!?

Calm Down Lauren... no one was bashing the coach here... the coach is not the issue the technique is what they were referring to...  it will be very interesting to see how these kids progress through high school ... if it pans out I think you will see many more "contender" type of programs used as high school feeder programs.  

Am I Wrong?!?!?

"This aggression will not stand man!"          That is the response I expected from you Walt!

Sorry but kiddy killers don't work at the next level. How many top programs are teaching the little ones bulldogs and airplanes.

People say a headlock would not work at the next level also...but it seemed to work for a HS State Champ last year.

Contenders does show a bulldog and airplane move to the 4 and 5 years old wrestlers. Contenders has a lot of talented kids that win a lot of matches on wrestling skills alone at a National and Local Level. And yes Contenders don't have alot of High School wrestlers in its program and a small amount of MS kids. Ryans brother (Dustin Parrish) is a 2x State Placer and wrestles at U of Indy, Hunter Fox is a freshman who made to state, Brock Hudkins is a 2012 Middle School State Champ with Ty Mills as Runner-up. All coached by Ryan at Contenders....my guess he is doing something right. But only time will tell when the core of his kids which are 4th and 5th graders now do in at the next level.

Lol. I love it. Nobody said anything about the coach. Sorry but kiddy killers don't work at the next level. How many top programs are teaching the little ones bulldogs and airplanes.

There is nothing wrong with showing little kids those moves. Bulldogs are run at the High School and Collegiate Level daily, its the basics! Its something you look for when finishing takedowns on guys, halfs/bulldogs. Wrestlers are put away with that move at all levels of competition!

Not sure about the other academies but I think that it's worth noting that Hoosier Elite Wrestling Academy in Bloomington got all  but one of their High School members through and one of them was a girl. I believe they were 15 of 16. Not Bad!! I know Coach Miracle preaches fundamentals, hand fighting, and position. Must be something to that. Congrats Coach!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.