Wrestling: Seltzer Indiana Coach of the Year for second time

FlyNavy

From Elkhart Truth 02/14/12  http://www.etruth.com/article/20120214/SPORT01/702149926

Wrestling: Seltzer Indiana Coach of the Year for second time

Award also came his way in 2007

ELKHART ? Brian Seltzer, in his 13th season as head wrestling coach at Memorial High School, has been named Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association Coach of the Year for the second time.

?It?s an honor to be voted in, especially for the second time,? said Seltzer, who owns a career dual record of 195-30, including 18-1 in 2011-12. ?In Indiana, there are really good coaches and really good wrestling teams. I?m humbled. It makes me feel good about myself and the program at Elkhart Memorial.?

Seltzer, who was IHSWCA State Coach of the Year in 2007, is quick to point out that it is his assistant coaches, particularly longtime staffer Brian Pfeil, who help keep the Crimson Chargers on task.

?You are only as good as the people around you,? said Seltzer, whose current staff also includes Dan Bontrager, Jim Ianaarelli, Brian Weaver and Nick Corpe.

During Seltzer?s tenure on California Road, Memorial teams won nine sectionals, seven regionals and 11 Northern Lakes Conference titles. There have been 31 state qualifiers, 18 state medalists, three state champions (Chris Miller, Nick Corpe and Steve Stahl), three state runners-up (Sean Drury, Ryan Stahl and Zack Corpe) and six Indiana All-Stars.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.