Best high school wrestler without a state championship?

Jayruss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Braden Atwood. Beat the eventual state champion both his junior & senior seasons

He's also having a great freshmen season at Purdue, I think hell be a national champ before he's done with college

Also he has beaten 2 more state champs in Ian Hinton & Marcus Shewsberry this season

He didn't beat two former state champions..         HE DOMINATED them, with the surfboard on Hinton and a sweet throw to pin Shewsberry in the first period.

Atwood is a great pick, but at that weight I would have to go with a kid who beat Atwood, Johnson-Jones, Sliga, and Goldman, the kid only wrested twice in the state tourney due to injuries. Only losses in those two years is to  Shewsberry   in OT his sophomore year in the semi?s and lost to Goldman in triple OT in the finals weekend before beat Goldman 5-2.

But my pick would be Justin kieffer for some reason the kid always would beat Ethan Ralley in the regular season then they

would end up on the same side of the bracket at state, Justin beat Ethan his sophomore year Friday night but his Jr. and Sr. year fell short

Stevenson is a great pick for this topic, good example of bad luck. Not many have victories over 2 state champs (possibly 3 if Sliga wins) and 2 OT losses to 2 more state champs. 

His national resume is a bit weaker than most on this list - but none may have been closer to being a state champ.

Dallas Hesseltine of Portage. 4x state qualifier-2 places and a runner up. Went on to be a Junior College National Runner his freshman year and Got third Sophomore year. Injuries took over after that. Boy did he have a great spladle...  ;D

GIVIN SPLADLE D SOME LOVE... Man he was 2 tenths of a second away from winning it, what an exciting match !

Here I go I am going to earn myself another BOO point But to me it has to be every young man and lady that has competed at this sport for more than one year. They show a commiment both physical and mental that I have seen in triathaleats so I think they are all champs. There is only one at the end and he or she deserves it but they all need our round of cheers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.