Formerly known as Conseco

Since the name change from Conseco Fieldhouse to Banker's Life Fieldhouse, instead of saying, "I'm going to Conseco," we could all start saying, "I'm going to the Bank!"  I know it will never be the same as before, but it's just a thought.  What does everyone think?!

Since the name change from Conseco Fieldhouse to Banker's Life Fieldhouse, instead of saying, "I'm going to Conseco," we could all start saying, "I'm going to the Bank!"  I know it will never be the same as before, but it's just a thought.  What does everyone think?!

I like it.............a lot!

Haha that's awesome!  Unfortunately, I never got to experience a State Finals at Market Square  :-[

I liked watching wrestling at MSA even better than Conseco.  That might be because it was pre 911 and security wasn't as big a pain in the butt.  You could leave the building and return with a pass out.  You could also leave your belongings in your seat to save your place between rounds on Saturday so you didn't have to wait in line again for the consolation and final rounds.  That wait in line for the last session is a big suck-fest.  My least favorite part of the state finals for sure.  By that time in the weekend you're tired and have already waited in that ridiculous mess twice.  Oh well, watcha gonna do?  It's worth the wait for me.

Best part of MSA was that you could walk around the entire arena and never take your eyes of the action b/c the aisles were not cut into squares by the rails!

I am the only one that still refers to it as the 'Big Dance'?  That is part of whole, "This is your Valentine's Day weekend, dear!"

I liked watching wrestling at MSA even better than Conseco.  That might be because it was pre 911 and security wasn't as big a pain in the butt.  You could leave the building and return with a pass out.  You could also leave your belongings in your seat to save your place between rounds on Saturday so you didn't have to wait in line again for the consolation and final rounds.  That wait in line for the last session is a big suck-fest.  My least favorite part of the state finals for sure.  By that time in the weekend you're tired and have already waited in that ridiculous mess twice.  Oh well, watcha gonna do?  It's worth the wait for me.

The best part of MSA was the organ.  That music brings back memories...and sitting in the restaurant drinking beer and watching the finals.

INSERT NAME will be the INSERT WEIGHT Champion, you can take that to The Bank!

I like both of these.  The name change did not have a good ring to it.  Now, I think it does.  Great job!  I think it will catch on.

My favorite at MSA was when Lance Ellis threw Scott Wilson in the 119 Finals in 1989 an stuck him the whole crowd went ballistic.

That's my most memorable moment as well. If I remember correctly, Wilson got the first takedown...Ellis didn't like that at all. He escaped, then LAUNCHED him through the air, straight to his back and pinned him.

Then he stood up and did a backflip! Crowd was going nuts.

Was anyone at MSA when the girl singing the National Anthem forgot the lyrics completely. My favorite at MSA was when Lance Ellis threw Scott Wilson in the 119 Finals in 1989 an stuck him the whole crowd went ballistic.

Lance hipped Wilson to get him coming out in front and then hit that nasty lateral and split open Wilsons eyebrowe, and yes Wilson had just took Eliis dowwn, and the crowd went nuts for Wilson, so Lance clapped his hands and looked around at the crowd going back to the middle as to say "watch what I'm about to do"!  The crowd hated  Coach Rhoades & Cathedral, but had a love affair with Lance Ellis...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.