LaHue vs. Moser

LHS_Wrestling

Who wins? I think this will be a great first round match up. I haven't seen LaHue wrestle but he definitely seems like he can be the real deal. If Moser decides to be on his game Friday I could see this being an upset if you would call it that.

What were the scores of LaHue's matches at semi-state? How dominate did he seem?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaHue 4 Davis 2 in the Semi-Final. He was never in trouble but Davis wasn't either. It was a nice takedown that beat Davis. LaHue 6 Shoettle 3 in finals. Shoettle was overmatched in every way.  LaHue has a pretty clear path to the Semi-Finals and I would expect him to perform well.

LaHue 4 Davis 2 in the Semi-Final. He was never in trouble but Davis wasn't either. It was a nice takedown that beat Davis. LaHue 6 Shoettle 3 in finals. Shoettle was overmatched in every way.  LaHue has a pretty clear path to the Semi-Finals and I would expect him to perform well.

Sounds like he is looking to perform come state. Thanks for the info.

He won't turn many heads...there are a lot of folks who haven't been living in a cave for their whole life.

Bailey LaHue has been good for a VERY LONG TIME!

My question is...if you haven't heard of Bailey or at least saw the results at Middle School State or ISWA state in the past, where have you been?

I find it amazing that a wrestler like him can "sneak up" on anyone!

:) :) :) :) :)

Really, I compliment a young wrestler & you insult me for it. Sorry but Saturday was the first time I have ever seen this young man wrestle & he impressed me. I believe there will be more than a few people up in Indy this weekend for which that will be the same.

He won't turn many heads...there are a lot of folks who haven't been living in a cave for their whole life.

My question is...if you haven't heard of Bailey or at least saw the results at Middle School State or ISWA state in the past, where have you been?

He'll turn heads and surprise many people this weekend. I'm willing to bet that out of the 11,000 fans attending this weekend, more than 1/2 don't follow the kids circuit.

He'll turn heads and surprise many people this weekend. I'm willing to bet that out of the 11,000 fans attending this weekend, more than 1/2 don't follow the kids circuit.

Or the ones that do, take kids results with a grain of salt due to many wrestlers who have had success as a kid not having success in high school.

Bailey is one of the best wrestlers to come out of our area of Southern Indiana in years. He deserves all the praise as he has done the work, his record speaks for itself, and he is a very nice young man. Forgive any over-dramatization, it's not very often we get a freshman of his caliber. Good luck Bailey, all of us are behind you!

Didn't schottle beat davis  8-4 with 4 take downs. Lahue is very quick off the whistle with a single leg shot and pretty good on top. I don't think schottle was over matched in  every way. Lahues second  takedown was questionable call as time ran out off schottle headlock. Lahue was a couple of seconds off schottles timing from getting pinned. Final score should have been 4-3 Lahue. I do not remember for sure but I think Schottle scored one late takedown then cut Lahue because he was down 5-3. If not for the, What I believe was a bad call, in the first period this match would have gone in to OT. Also schottle scored 1 point for Lahue stalling. Lahue wrestled very smart and benifitted from an officials questionable call. So the cookie crumbles :P. Schottle wrestled fairly well and he can wrestle better. Good luck to both boys @ State !!

Shoettle is a great wrestler. This isnt a thread about Davis vs Shoettle from Novembers match. I saw the video and if I remember Davis got a reversal and the score was 6-4 in the final seconds until Davis dove for a take down. I was not there and could be wrong but Im very confident I am right. Either way...Davis wrestled LaHue much better than Sheottle on this particular day...that I did see. Its all match ups and November matches mean nothing in February. Johnson, Davis, Sheottle and LaHue are all 4 great young wrestlers and are all 4 respectful to each other. Let them enjoy this moment. Im sure they will all meet again in the future and I hope all 4 make some noise at state.

im with you on this one.....bailey has been a winner his whole life and that wont start to change now.......i got bailey for what most consider a major upset over phillips in the semis and he will give james or brooks all they want in finals........

so to all you nonbelievers get back in your caves......lol

I like LaHue and have also seen Brandon James live. I dont see LaHue getting past James for one reason alone and that reason is James has a ton of talent in his room. He is getting pushed from everyone in his practice room every day. That will be the difference. James is ridiculously talented.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.