Crume vs. Phillips

LHS_Wrestling

Are you not aware that his practice partner is multi semi state qualifier and this year state qualifier austin fuller?

I sure wasn't knocking union county. I think their coach does an awesome job considering the fact that they are a small public school. I was just saying that I think Phillips would benefit from being pushed by some more even competition at practice. I'd say for example... Lecount is being tested daily in the PM room. I have to assume Phillips can ease through everyone in his wrestling room within several weight classes. That doesn't serve him well. I think when he gets use to being pushed by guys his size (@Minnesota) he's likely to get much better. That's kinda scary.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you not aware that his practice partner is multi semi state qualifier and this year state qualifier austin fuller?

I don't think he is trying to knock Austin Fuller at all...Austin is a great wrestler and Cody has had a helping hand in getting Austin to where he is now, but Austin isn't on Cody's level...no offense to Austin, but I think he knows that.

Thanks fw06. That's is exactly my point/ theory. Fuller being the guy reaping the rewards of having a superior practice partner right now. Good luck to both kids. I always root for the little schools.

oh i didnt take it as a knock on fuller...i agree 100% with what you both just said. I read it as if saying cody had nobody to push him. yea, fuller is no phillips and yea he knows that but fuller will "help" phillips better than the majority of most kids in a wrestling practice considering only a select few actually can get as far as fuller has.

I love cheering on the little schools, especially the TEC!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.