Crume vs. Phillips

LHS_Wrestling

This isn't directed towards Cody at all, but I see alot of people throwing up current credentals, and the last I checked plenty of people with amazing talent have failed when it comes to college, growing up, maturing to the point to keep them on top and to utalize their surperior talent. If they loose that drive, desire, work ethic, love for what your doing, then you wont stay on top very long at the next level!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to compare like opponents. Im just sayin carroll isn't a phillips, ayersman, todd, lecount. He's a very talented wrestler but he's not in that next level.

I respectfully disagree. If you remember correctly, Carroll lost to Campbell at state last year by 2 points, whereas Ayersman was down by 3 at one point in the match before coming back to win. Common opponents may not mean too much, but that's still pretty impressive for Carroll.

I really hope Phillips just goes out and kicks everyones a$$ but it doesnt matter cause hell always have these haters. Phillips has never had any love through his high school career everyone doubted him every year. Hes a great person and wrestler whos worked hes butt of to where he is now. Im not tryin to bash Crume, Ayersman, or Lecount but Phillips will go out there with hes lunch pale and do work like any blue collar boy would do. I also think hell be an all american maybe even a 2x at minnesota but let all these haters hate cause in the end im sure Phillips will be the one with the final laugh.

I really hope Phillips just goes out and kicks everyones a$$ but it doesnt matter cause hell always have these haters. Phillips has never had any love through his high school career everyone doubted him every year. Hes a great person and wrestler whos worked hes butt of to where he is now. Im not tryin to bash Crume, Ayersman, or Lecount but Phillips will go out there with hes lunch pale and do work like any blue collar boy would do. I also think hell be an all american maybe even a 2x at minnesota but let all these haters hate cause in the end im sure Phillips will be the one with the final laugh.

Not hating chief, just being realistic. Sure, he has a chance of starting at Minny, but look at their recruits year in and year out. He's damn good but he's no Zach Sanders or even the Dardenas brothers.

Also a difference in being a starter 3 or 4 years (Ayersman) and never wrestling a varsity match(Phillips).

Another difference is 0 national titles (Ayersman) and 1 to 2 National titles (Phillips). Not to mention a possibility of anywhere up to 4 team titles (Minnesota) and finishing in the bottom four of the Big Ten every year (Purdue)

Another difference is 0 national titles (Ayersman) and 1 to 2 National titles (Phillips). Not to mention a possibility of anywhere up to 4 team titles (Minnesota) and finishing in the bottom four of the Big Ten every year (Purdue)

Are you serious? Are we talking about NCAA D1 titles? Not a snowballs chance in hell Phillips wins a D1 national title. Do you know or even follow college wrestling? If you do and still made a statement like that, you should be ashamed. Tell me, how do think Cody would fare against the likes of say, Nico Megaludis, McDonough, Delgado, or Alan Waters?

Are you serious? Are we talking about NCAA D1 titles? Not a snowballs chance in hell Phillips wins a D1 national title. Do you know or even follow college wrestling? If you do and still made a statement like that, you should be ashamed. Tell me, how do think Cody would fare against the likes of say, Nico Megaludis, McDonough, Delgado, or Alan Walters?

Anything is possible and if you watched college wrestling then you would know the coach j rob doenst always recurit the most domanite wrestler but the blue collar ones who arent afraid to go into practice and work their a$$ off and give 110% everytime they step on the mat.

Are you serious? Are we talking about NCAA D1 titles? Not a snowballs chance in hell Phillips wins a D1 national title. Do you know or even follow college wrestling? If you do and still made a statement like that, you should be ashamed. Tell me, how do think Cody would fare against the likes of say, Nico Megaludis, McDonough, Delgado, or Alan Waters?

I'm completely serious and yes I do follow college wrestling...I'm not saying he's gonna win it his freshman year or anything like that but with Cody's work ethic and training he's gonna get from JRob and the his practice partners...yes I think he will win at least one and possibly two national titles!

How can you be overrated and underrated in the same year this makes no sense at all???

Because half of the people in this topic underrates the fact the fact that he is a 2 time state champion. And then the other half overrates his 2 state championships as though he won them at 145.

Anything is possible and if you watched college wrestling then you would know the coach j rob doenst always recurit the most domanite wrestler but the blue collar ones who arent afraid to go into practice and work their a$$ off and give 110% everytime they step on the mat.

Yes, because that totally doesn't describe Zach Sanders (5x state champ), Dylan Ness (top 5 recruit), Logan Storley (6x state champ), Jake Deitchler (Top 5 recruit), or the Dardanes brothers (both ranked top 5 nationally Sr. year). Please make sure your statements are facts before you make yourself look foolish, again.

Yes, because that totally doesn't describe Zach Sanders (5x state champ), Dylan Ness (top 5 recruit), Logan Storley (6x state champ), Jake Deitchler (Top 5 recruit), or the Dardanes brothers (both ranked top 5 nationally Sr. year). Please make sure your statements are facts before you make yourself look foolish, again.

i didnt say that he never gets any big time names now did i??? Minnesota has been one of the top recuiting programs in the last five years so why dont you make sure you read things right before you try to make yourself too bigheaded

i didnt say that he never gets any big time names now did i??? Minnesota has been one of the top recuiting programs in the last five years so why dont you make sure you read things right before you try to make yourself too bigheaded

No, the point i was proving wrong was the "doesn't always recruit the most dominate wrestler" comment. Please inform me of a couple, or even one for that matter, other than Cody Phillips.

Because half of the people in this topic underrates the fact the fact that he is a 2 time state champion. And then the other half overrates his 2 state championships as though he won them at 145.

So I guess everybody that won a state title under 145 don't mean a thing you guys on here talk out both sides of your mouth. What I mean by that is you talk about how good Brooks is and he is only 113 and Boston and he is at 106 so maybe you should think before you speak.Somebody once said its so easy even a caveman can do it lol.

No, the point i was proving wrong was the "doesn't always recruit the most dominate wrestler" comment. Please inform me of a couple, or even one for that matter, other than Cody Phillips.

Minnesota Golden Gophers

2012 Recruiting

Brandon Kingsley-Apple Valley, Minnesota

Projected Weight: 149 LBS

Accomplishments: 2012 Cheesehead Invitational Runner-Up, 2011 Junior National Freestyle 4th Place, 2011 Minnesota AAA State Champ, 2010 Cheesehead Invitational Runner-Up, 2010 Minnesota AAA State Champ, 2009 Minnesota AAA State Champ

Sam Brancale-Eden Praire, Minnesota

Projected Weight: 125/133 LBS

Accomplishments: 2011 Minnesota AAA State 3rd Place, 2010 Cadet National Freestyle 4th Place, 2010 Minnesota AAA State Champ, 2009 Cadet Greco-Roman National Runner-Up, 2009 Minnesota AAA State 6th Place

Dakota Trom-Apple Valley, Minnesota

Projected Weight: 141 LBS

Accomplishments: 2012 Cheesehead Invitational Champ, 2011 Minnesota AAA State Champ, 2010 Cheesehead Invitational Runner-Up, 2010 Cadet Freestyle National Runner-Up, 2010 Minnesota AAA State Champ, 2009 Minnesota AAA State Champ

Cody Phillips-Union Co., Indiana

Projected Weight: 125 LBS

Accomplishments: 2011 Indiana State Runner-Up, 2010 FloNational Runner-Up, 2010 Indiana State Champ, 2009 Indiana State Champ

Michael Kroells-Scott West, Minnesota

Projected Weight: 285 LBS

Accomplishments: 2011 FloNational 3rd Place, 2011 Minnesota AA State Champ, 2010 Cadet Freestyle National 3rd Place, 2010 Minnesota AA State Runner-Up, 2009 Cadet National Freestyle 3rd Place, 2009 Minnesota AA State 6th 

Zane Zeman-Avon, Ohio

Projected Weight: 157 LBS

Accomplishments: 2011 Ohio DII State Runner-Up, 2010 Ohio DII State Qualifier

Only one kid has more state titles goin to minnesota next year and thats Brandon Kingsley and thats in classed wrestling so is that better?

Hey Cody Phillips is a kid..why are some people taking some cheap shots at him? He' is a teenager. Geez some of the same people that are saying how unclassy he is are the one's being real classy themselves saying how overrated he is. No matter how you feel about it these are all student athletes that command your respect for the time and sacrifices they have made and contributed greatly to the history of Indiana Wrestling..just take it easy on the kids okay.

I will give you Union County fans props on one thing for sure. You are crazy loyal and come in swarms when anyone questions the ability of one of your wrestlers.

guess that shut you up didnt it? and im not a union county fan thank you they were a hated rival when i was in school but same conference i just like to see the TEC represented well and Phillips has done a great job of that over the last four years

So I guess everybody that won a state title under 145 don't mean a thing you guys on here talk out both sides of your mouth. What I mean by that is you talk about how good Brooks is and he is only 113 and Boston and he is at 106 so maybe you should think before you speak.Somebody once said its so easy even a caveman can do it lol.

So you're saying that it's just as easy to win a state title at 103 as it is at 145? We all know 103 is the easiest weight to win at. I used 145 as an example because that's normally one of the most stacked and tough weights. Recognizing the difference between 103 and a middle weight... So easy a caveman could do it. If Brooks and Boston were competing  at 126 I wouldn't build them up to easily be the best at the weight class. And for the record, I don't even think Boston is winning 106 this year. So uhh... About that thinking before you speak part?

I am just saying that they don't just give state titles away or everybody would have one and I don't want to take nothing away from Brooks or Boston they are both fun to watch.

I completely agree, Brooks is one of my favorites in the state. He and Boston have both worked very hard to get where they are at. I apologize if I sounded like I thought they didn't have to work for their accomplishments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.