Crume vs. Phillips

LHS_Wrestling

Should either be excited for this draw? Who do you think will take it? Would you want this draw yourself?

I think this is a reason to go Friday night all by itself. Will be a great match. Sad that one will have to exit so early. Also excited to see Lee and Miracle wrestle. No way I will be missing Friday.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crume will beat Philips by 2 and he will control the whole match. Philips just just hasnt been the same since he jumped weight classes. Crume will be in the finals Saturday in my opinion and will give Ayersman a much better match then what happended at Al Smith.

phillips will be in the finals sat

Ya think?  He couldn't get that feat accomplished last year or yesterday for that matter.  If is is hurt what makes you think he is going to be able to get it done Friday night against Crume?  I don't see Phillips wrestling on Saturday IMO.

I know I'm from Jimtown, but everything I'm about to say is completely unbiased as if I didn't go to the same school as Crume.

Nick Crume is underrated. Weird saying this about the 3rd ranked guy, but all year nearly everyone has been saying it will be Phillips and Ayersman in the championship. Nick has proved to be one of the best in Indiana at 126 and yesterday he controlled #5 ranked Carroll 5-0. As good as Phillips is, a lot of people have built him up to be untouchable this year. We figured out that was nt the case when he lost to LeCount yesterday. And even though he is hurt, people are still giving Crume no chance against him. As X_Rated pointed out, he hasn't been as dominant since he went from 103 to 126. My prediction is Crume 5-1, and then a closer win over LeCount in the semi finals and a great match with Ayersman in the championship.

I hope the match happens and that Phillips is healthy, I am not sure how bad his injury is.

Even if Phillips is healthy it will be a battle, both can really push the pace but I think Crume wins if he breaks Phillips. If Phillips hangs tough he wins.

Don't want to cop-out by picking both so I'll say Phillips hangs tough and wins.

Definitely the best match-up Friday - If the draw was different - this could have been a Sat night match-up.

Crume over Phillips by fall. Lecount over Crume OT. Ayersman over Lecount 5-2

You can say what ever you like about who will win or wont win, but to say that Crume pins Phillips is the most insane thing Ive heard on this board in a long time....I assure you that will NOT happen, win or lose, Phillips will not get pinned.

You can say what ever you like about who will win or wont win, but to say that Crume pins Phillips is the most insane thing Ive heard on this board in a long time....I assure you that will NOT happen, win or lose, Phillips will not get pinned.

Phillips is overrated in my opinion. I dont think he will get dominated by any means.  There have been pins in the finals before so to say a friday night pin is insane...well that itself is insane. Anything can happen.

I think it all depends on how healthy Phillips is feeling come Friday night..I think a 100% healthy phillips will win this match but if he isn't then who knows...either way if either of these guys wants to win under the lights they are going to have to come ready to wrestle Saturday...going through LeCount and Ayersman isn't going to be easy.

Phillips is overrated in my opinion. I dont think he will get dominated by any means.  There have been pins in the finals before so to say a friday night pin is insane...well that itself is insane. Anything can happen.

I didnt say a friday night pin was insane, I said Phillips getting pinned by Crume is insane, If im not mistaken, Phillips has not been pinned in his high school career!  And saying that a 2 time State Champ and 4 time State Qualifier who has finished no less than 3rd in his career is overrated sounds a bit crazy as well.

You have your pick, I have mine, we can agree to disagree all day long, I just feel my facts back my statement which is Phillips win or lose will not get pinned by Crume and that he is far from overrated.  

I do not know Mr Crume, I have never seen him wrestle, I know what I see on paper he appears to be a great athlete and great wrestler, his 3 State qualifications an one out of 2 placements are hard to miss, but I am a Phillips fan and will be rooting for him, its just how the sport goes, I will say that the 20 bucks I spend on admission friday for the tournament will be worth it all just for friday night, may it go into sudden death with no mistakes by either and the best wrestler win!

1st off. If Phillips is injured and not 100% he could get pinned. It is possible.

My predicition for this match though is that if Phillips loses, there will be a few people that will blame it on his injury no matter how healthy he looks, or how good he wrestles.

1st off. If Phillips is injured and not 100% he could get pinned. It is possible.

My predicition for this match though is that if Phillips loses, there will be a few people that will blame it on his injury no matter how healthy he looks, or how good he wrestles.

Who cares really what people say, I can assure you the one person who matters in this conversation that WILL NOT blame the injury or anyone else for what happens is CODY PHILLIPS.  With all that happened in the Lecount match that he could have complained about this is what he was quoted as saying in the paper this morning :

"That's the ref's call," Phillips said. "I know I can beat him myself, and I just didn't go out and score and wrestle the way that I know how to wrestle. I left it in the ref's hands and it never should have been like that."

So lets not care what others say, lets respect the wrestlers and not listen to the masses. Just sayin!

Who cares really what people say, I can assure you the one person who matters in this conversation that WILL NOT blame the injury or anyone else for what happens is CODY PHILLIPS.  With all that happened in the Lecount match that he could have complained about this is what he was quoted as saying in the paper this morning :

"That's the ref's call," Phillips said. "I know I can beat him myself, and I just didn't go out and score and wrestle the way that I know how to wrestle. I left it in the ref's hands and it never should have been like that."

So lets not care what others say, lets respect the wrestlers and not listen to the masses. Just sayin!

I know Cody will not make excuses if he loses. I look forward to this match and either wrestler can win and this will be an unbelievable match for friday night imo.

Couldnt have said it better myself

I didnt say a friday night pin was insane, I said Phillips getting pinned by Crume is insane, If im not mistaken, Phillips has not been pinned in his high school career!  And saying that a 2 time State Champ and 4 time State Qualifier who has finished no less than 3rd in his career is overrated sounds a bit crazy as well.

You have your pick, I have mine, we can agree to disagree all day long, I just feel my facts back my statement which is Phillips win or lose will not get pinned by Crume and that he is far from overrated.  

I do not know Mr Crume, I have never seen him wrestle, I know what I see on paper he appears to be a great athlete and great wrestler, his 3 State qualifications an one out of 2 placements are hard to miss, but I am a Phillips fan and will be rooting for him, its just how the sport goes, I will say that the 20 bucks I spend on admission friday for the tournament will be worth it all just for friday night, may it go into sudden death with no mistakes by either and the best wrestler win!

I doubt Kiefer suffered to many falls in his career, but look what happend to him last year in the finals.  No disrespect, but a title at 103/06 just doesnt seem to meet the caliber of a title anywhere else.  I think we all witnessed that last year when Cody took 3rd after two straight titles.  I didnt predict for Crume to take him down cut him, take him down cut him, take him down pin him.  I said it wouldnt be a dominating performance no matter which way the match went, i just predicted Crume to maybe catch him, maybe turn him and finish it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.