State Finals Brackets Released

devildog47959

1st match up I looked for was Miracle.

she faces Lee from Garrett Friday night. IDK much about him & never seen him wrestle. I looked at mutual opponets & Lee beat Davis & lost to Garza

Kayla was in the match with both Davis in the Semi's and Garza in 3/4. I think this will be an exciting match and be very close

LETS GO KAYLA!

Bad draw for Cash as he gets Micic in the 2nd round. I think Micic will beat him enroute to meeting Boston in the Finals under the lights.

After watching Micic yesterday He is my pick at 106, I cant wait to see him and Boston go at it, I hope they both make the finals

1st match up I looked for was Miracle.

she faces Lee from Garrett Friday night. IDK much about him & never seen him wrestle. I looked at mutual opponets & Lee beat Davis & lost to Garza

Kayla was in the match with both Davis in the Semi's and Garza in 3/4. I think this will be an exciting match and be very close

LETS GO KAYLA!

Lee is a horrible wrestler

Lee is a horrible wrestler

Y2 I know this is your guy from Garrett, so I know where you stand.

But personally I'd love to see Kayla make the podium, & I think so will most of the fans at Conseco. Might get a little loud during this match friday night with Kayla chants!

Toughest road to the top of the podium?

I'd have to give it to Phillips, He has to knock off #3 Crume Friday night, then #4 Lecount in the Semi's, Then #1 Ayersman in the Finals. WOW what a tough draw

This weight class should be fun to watch in the top half of the bracket!

220 is stacked!  

quarter finals will be amazing to watch

Knura vs Gallegos

Bass vs. Kral/colby

Gelen vs the winner of Boehm/sanders

160 will be fun to watch...how good are these freshman?  Warner 4 vs Steveson 1 could be an upset?

Bad draw for Cash as he gets Micic in the 2nd round. I think Micic will beat him enroute to meeting Boston in the Finals under the lights.

After watching Micic yesterday He is my pick at 106, I cant wait to see him and Boston go at it, I hope they both make the finals

He also has Kuhn first round....

The only Midwest Conference wrestler to make it to the dance was Redweik from Caston at 160

He wrestled well against #3 Stevenson in the semi's losing 12-7 I believe.

He has #9 Oser Friday night in a 2 vs 3 Matchup. Oser lost to #13 Lough in the finals of semi-state.

I havene't seen Oser wrestle but I have watched Redweik the last 2 yrs and he is tough. Should be a good match, being from the MWC I'll be rootin' for ya Graham Good Luck!!

A few first round matchups I like

120 Shepard 47-4 #5 vs Bevans 44-4  #11   shepard owns a 3-1 win over bevans this year

106 Cash 42-1 #3 vs Kuhn 43-3 #10

Common opponent is Ellis....Cash won 11-0 and Kuhn won 12-3

138 Bova #4 41-3  vs Judy 39-5 #15

170 Massengale #6 44-1 vs. Adams 45-2 #7

Christensen 1 seed vs. Bowman #4 seed...I can see an upset here.

182 Thacker 39-6 #5 vs Hurford 45-2 #5

220 Boehm #4 I can see him beating #1 seed Sanders

285 Ford #4 I can see him beating #1 Suter

Does anybody know anything about #3 seed Jonah Zorniger (30-9) from Avon at 182? Who did he wrestle in the semi's of the Evansville SS Brandenstein or Thacker? Score of the match?

got pinned by Brandenstein in semi finals...

Was wrestling Wathen in ticket round when Wathen ID

How is that a bad draw?

The brackets COULD have placed Berry & Sliga on the same side, & Maurer alone on 1 side an easier route for Maurer.  Instead Sliga has the better route as Berry & Maurer have to go through each other to reach Sliga in the finals.

I think Berry is the best wrestler in this weight class, therefor a bad draw for maurer to have to wrestle him in the semi's instead of potentially meet him in the finals

The brackets COULD have placed Berry & Sliga on the same side, & Maurer alone on 1 side an easier route for Maurer.  Instead Sliga has the better route as Berry & Maurer have to go through each other to reach Sliga in the finals.

I think Berry is the best wrestler in this weight class, therefor a bad draw for maurer to have to wrestle him in the semi's instead of potentially meet him in the finals

id say its drawn how it should be with those three. If it were seeded thats how it should be seeded, so the draw works out. But yeah, i think maurer would do better against sliga imo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.