Alex Griffin

ontherise219

I hadn't had a chance to see him wrestle this year but He is tough! Awesome on toP he turned every one he wrestled all day. He's strong he has lungs guy is a machine. He dominated the field at Merrilville I had Jackson for a title now I'm second guessing that

I agree that this kid is on a mission.  I just don't know if his arsenal is deep enough to bring home a championship against a Jackson.  Lacks that experience at the state level competition.  If you haven't wrestled at the state tournament before, and the field is full of guys that have been there before, it is pretty hard to piece everything together over those 2 days to win a championship against people that have made 2 or 3 trips like Jackson.  Sure would love to see it.  I think McCutcheon deserves a champ.  I still feel bad about the screwing Travis Dale took 3 or 4 years ago when the official cost him a state title in the championship match.  It would be good for the Lafayette area to see Griffen make a strong showing.  Best of luck to him. 

I hadn't had a chance to see him wrestle this year but He is tough! Awesome on toP he turned every one he wrestled all day. He's strong he has lungs guy is a machine. He dominated the field at Merrilville I had Jackson for a title now I'm second guessing that

The same thoughts were going through my head yesterday! I only got to watch online, but he looked really big for a 138. He was very impressive. Jackson better not go down to Indy feeling entitled to something, because Griffin is no slouch.

2. Jackson - Dominating everyone who has stepped on the mat this year.  Only losses  the past 2 seasons were to Tsirtsis in OT and Raley who was a 2 time champ/1 time runner up. He also has 7 falls in the state finals ithe past 2 seasons. Only person he didnt pin were the champs and alex gregory

Jackson dominates him, close to a major.  138 was not exactly the deepest weight class IMO at the Merrillville Semi-State.   I was impressed as well, but I think Jackson is just on a whole other level than the field.  Jackson an underated guy, we forget what he has down over the last few years.   The above quote does not mention his Freshman year when he lost to a guy named Branden Nelsen Friday night.

Taking Tsirtsis and Raley to the wire takes a really good wrestler to do that. Mark my words, Jackson will finally get his elusive state title.

<<<<Bubba Jenkins over David Taylor. Bubba is the real deal

Griffin is tough.  But Jackson is on a whole different level.  Jackson wins this match by a wide margin.  Reminds last year when people were saying Montgomery could hang or even beat Tsirtsis.  Griffen is good but Jackson is really good.

I'm looking forward to him and jackson in the finals, jackson better have the lungs cause come third period griffin is a straight machine! Very good on his feet and can ride all day on top. He really came out of no where, to come out on top from the region! He's on a mission. Plan on him doing big things this saturday!

I'm looking forward to him and jackson in the finals, jackson better have the lungs cause come third period griffin is a straight machine! Very good on his feet and can ride all day on top. He really came out of no where, to come out on top from the region! He's on a mission. Plan on him doing big things this saturday!

This match will take place in the semis rather than the finals (if each wrestler takes care of business in the first two rounds) unfortunately. Regardless, you are correct it is a match fans should look forward to. Wrestlers on the other hand, one match at a time  :)

Hes a good kid and a very tough wrestler he has been fun to coach and wrestle with on a dialy basis but cannot wait for this weeekend

Good luck Coach! Now go bring a state title back to Lafayette! Griffin will have a big fan group come saturday, we're pullin' for ya!

hahahaha well since they changed the rules he will have proper underwear on hahhahha you know to this day i can still imagine the refs faces and all the other wrestlers faces when Chico and I were messing around in the weighin room at state my senior year hahaha literally just had a tear from laughing

Jackson dominates him, close to a major.  138 was not exactly the deepest weight class IMO at the Merrillville Semi-State.   I was impressed as well, but I think Jackson is just on a whole other level than the field.  Jackson an underated guy, we forget what he has down over the last few years.   The above quote does not mention his Freshman year when he lost to a guy named Branden Nelsen Friday night.

I agree. Griffen did look good at Mville, but come on.... seriously!! Jacksons been under the lights against JT. I find it hard to believe he will falter or take anyone lightly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.