Merrillville Semi State Results

Justdo^it135

So the only reason she lost to Davis was because the ref didn't call a pin and the only reason she lost in the consolation round was because the ref gave Garza an escape.  She's tough, but I don't think she's the second coming of Dan Gable.

I agree with the refs call against davis. Against garza,  garza was still on the mat and the escape was for loss of control, i feel she had enough control and garza did not deserve the escape.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the only reason she lost to Davis was because the ref didn't call a pin and the only reason she lost in the consolation round was because the ref gave Garza an escape.  She's tough, but I don't think she's the second coming of Dan Gable like some of you over the top supporters seem to.

-Garza Deserved the Escape. It was a tough good call.

-Davis was Flat for, at the minimum, a three count.

You can interpret that however you want to.

-Garza Deserved the Escape. It was a tough good call.

-Davis was Flat for, at the minimum, a three count.

You can interpret that however you want to.

I would say you call that a stalemate not an escape, since that is how the majority of refs ive had/ seen would call it, that and garza was still on the mat... not really close to escaping.  I feel garza would have ended up winning, but that was a bad call.

285:

1. Abraham Hall -12 (Bremen) 4-2 2OT

2. Dimetri Kaplanis -12 (Wawasee

3. Marcus Dozier -12 (SB Riley) Fall

4. Blake Ford -12 (McCutcheon)

*Incredible Finals Match (Both Guys are incredibly hard-workers. I wish them both the best next week.)

Thank you goes out to all the incredible wrestlers who put in all the hard work that makes Merrillville Semi-State such a great event year in and year out. Hope everyone on the message board enjoyed all the results. See you next week at State.

Thank you goes out to all the incredible wrestlers who put in all the hard work that makes Merrillville Semi-State such a great event year in and year out. Hope everyone on the message board enjoyed all the results. See you next week at State.

Thanks a million for the updates, couldbt make it but i enjoyed following your updates at least!

Congrats to all semi-state qualifiers...all state qualifiers, and last but not least the one/ones who posted the updates today...see you at Conseco...(call it what you will) great season so far...let's finish it the right way....

I would say you call that a stalemate not an escape, since that is how the majority of refs ive had/ seen would call it, that and garza was still on the mat... not really close to escaping.  I feel garza would have ended up winning, but that was a bad call.

How about a warning for stalling like they gave Garza in the first period as the ref did when they were in a similar position?

How about a warning for stalling like they gave Garza in the first period as the ref did when they were in a similar position?

Bad call. Thats a stalling call that id say isnt controversial,  just plain wrong. Maybe the ref was giving garza the escape for that call?

Has anyone cross-referenced the number of Academic All-State wrestlers to the Merrillville semi-state wrestlers to see how many made it to semi-state and out (in short, on both lists)?  Quickly skimming the two lists I think it would be  pretty impressive and say a lot about the region that flows into MVille semi-state.  Didn't want to re-invent the wheel if someone had this information.

Nice job it gets tough doing update when it is such a heckic venue. You did a awesome job

Congrats to J Gallegoes what a tough weight class goodluck at state,what happened with Hurford did he wrestle Lynde ?How did he get third if he injury defaulted?

Gallegos did out wrestle the field yesterday. I thought that Kral wrestled very cautious not very many shots. Vs Robinson I don't think that either of them took a shot. And Kral rode him tough I think they both could of been hit a couple of times in the second period.

Im really surprised that nobody has mentione

d how big Peppers the 170 from Merrillville is. Kid is stacked!!!  Has to be the biggest 170 in the state hands down

The coverage of the Al Smith was funny about this they would be talking about how well put together he was and the whole time he was on a different mat not being shown on the video feed, then I saw him in person and understood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.