Who is the Most Underrated Wrestler in the State?

BestSportEver

Zach Sandefer Merrillvile is under rated a returning state qualifier who started the year off unranked but goes put and battles for 6 minutes plus everymatch avenged 2 losses to Katsaforas and had a awese match with Fuqua at the cp/merr dual. I would say Hughes is the favorite to advance out of his bracket since Hughes has a win over him.

Or

Josh Juarez 2 back to back tight matches with Martsoff 1 win an a over time loss

OTR, I agree with you here on Juarez - Riley.  He had the lead in the 2nd match with less than a minute to go and if I remember correctly Martsoff tied it up with about 10 seconds left in the 3rd period. 

I think Riley as a team has been underrated this year.  Tied for 2nd in NIC, 11 to regnl (5 in championship match), 8 to SS.  Think they have a good shot at getting 3 to state.  I believe Wordlaw can beat Brodie (rematch from Al Smith) and if that happens he goes to state.

I will throw out Brian Hayhurst, unranked from Evansville Memorial. He won both Evansville Sectional and Castle Regionals at 145. May not win state, but i can definetly see him on the podium.

x2.  Saw him at Regional and was very impressed. 

Thank you for posting about Frane being overrated.  This always helps add some fuel to our wrestlers.  I will say that Frane does keep allot of matches closer than they should be.  But sometimes it is not the points you get but the points you don't give up.  Like Krumlauf said he has been taken down once and that was a contested take down on the edge at that.  He has been beaten once by Forrest and if I was going to say anything about that is that Forrest is underrated.  He is a great little wrestler and intense and wrestled an outstanding match.  

Just to give you a run down though.

Frane has beat:

Win vs. Schurg (I think 3- 1)  Can't remember exactly  #5 Ranked Kid

Win vs. McGinley 3-1 # 13 Ranked Kid

Win vs. Harvey 5-1 # 8 Ranked Kid

Win vs. Gettinger 3-2 #10 Ranked Kid at 126

Oh yeah and he is a Connersville Champ and returning ticket rounder losing a close match to Kyle Jolas last year.

So you tell me where you would rank him?

Not the MOST underrated, but a side note for many.

Cody Lecount - PM

Everyone seems to be fixed on Phillips and Ayersman.  Lecount has one loss in 2 years, to Price last year.  I do not have all of his match results, but I do not think anyone has been close.

If he doesn't win state, he will be within 1 or 2 points of anyone.

[/quote

i think he will win semi- state he's a dominant wrestler

I agree with this...I say he beats Phillips in OT on Saturday.

Thank you for posting about Frane being overrated.  This always helps add some fuel to our wrestlers.  I will say that Frane does keep allot of matches closer than they should be.  But sometimes it is not the points you get but the points you don't give up.  Like Krumlauf said he has been taken down once and that was a contested take down on the edge at that.  He has been beaten once by Forrest and if I was going to say anything about that is that Forrest is underrated.  He is a great little wrestler and intense and wrestled an outstanding match.  

Just to give you a run down though.

Frane has beat:

Win vs. Schurg (I think 3- 1)  Can't remember exactly  #5 Ranked Kid

Win vs. McGinley 3-1 # 13 Ranked Kid

Win vs. Harvey 5-1 # 8 Ranked Kid

Win vs. Gettinger 3-2 #10 Ranked Kid at 126

Oh yeah and he is a Connersville Champ and returning ticket rounder losing a close match to Kyle Jolas last year.

So you tell me where you would rank him?

probably more like 8 or 9 not top 5

Frane did indeed beat Darden Schurg at the Warsaw duals 3-1.  This was Schurg's first

high school match and had to cut a lot of weight to get down to 113.  Won middle school

state last year at higher rate.  Last year's second place finisher (Fuqua) at 103 wanted

to go 120 so Schurg had to cut to 113.  Frane's takedown was almost immediate in the match

and couldn't get any more takedowns.  Like to see these 2 matchup at state.  Unfortunately Schurg

will most likely come in as a 3rd place finisher as he has to meet Brooks in the semi's at Merrillville.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.