Who is the Most Underrated Wrestler in the State?

BestSportEver

The most under rated big name with out a doubt is Ayersman kid has2 losses 2 titles and he get no love on the pound 4 pound guys without titles are put ahead of him. Pound 4 pound wise I say Kyle.

Some how I missed that he only has 2 losses. I personally can't believe the biggest buzz of the whole tournament isn't the potential match up of Ayersman and Phillips. Both 3x placers, both2x state champs, both with only 2 losses in their high school careers. I'd say this matchup is the most under rated.

I think the only reason they are getting left off pound 4 pound lists is that one of them will have another loss and it is a tough call as to which one.

I'll nominate Forrest Glogouski. Beat #4 Matt Frane at regionals and has only one loss which was to Brandon James. I'm going out on a limb and saying he'll place top 6 while ranked #16.

I will 2nd this nomination, I've seen forest wrestle in several tourneys over the past 4 years and he is definitely under ranked.

Re: Who is the Most Underrated Wrestler in the State?

? Reply #6 on: Today at 03:32:10 PM ?

I'll nominate Forrest Glogouski. Beat #4 Matt Frane at regionals and has only one loss which was to Brandon James. I'm going out on a limb and saying he'll place top 6 while ranked #16.

This one is a really good one.

Not the MOST underrated, but a side note for many.

Cody Lecount - PM

Everyone seems to be fixed on Phillips and Ayersman.  Lecount has one loss in 2 years, to Price last year.  I do not have all of his match results, but I do not think anyone has been close.

If he doesn't win state, he will be within 1 or 2 points of anyone.

Zach Sandefer Merrillvile is under rated a returning state qualifier who started the year off unranked but goes put and battles for 6 minutes plus everymatch avenged 2 losses to Katsaforas and had a awese match with Fuqua at the cp/merr dual. I would say Hughes is the favorite to advance out of his bracket since Hughes has a win over him.

Or

Josh Juarez 2 back to back tight matches with Martsoff 1 win an a over time loss

Not the MOST underrated, but a side note for many.

Cody Lecount - PM

Everyone seems to be fixed on Phillips and Ayersman.  Lecount has one loss in 2 years, to Price last year.  I do not have all of his match results, but I do not think anyone has been close.

If he doesn't win state, he will be within 1 or 2 points of anyone.

[/quote

I agree with this...I say he beats Phillips in OT on Saturday.

I will throw out Brian Hayhurst, unranked from Evansville Memorial. He won both Evansville Sectional and Castle Regionals at 145. May not win state, but i can definetly see him on the podium.

I also see some noise from Sam Goebel (Mater Dei) and Blake Johns (Reitz) at 120, Josh Davis (Reitz) at 113, Gabe Konerding (Heritage Hills) at 182, Dalton Halbig (Princeton) at 195, and Evan Collins (Mater Dei) at 220. I wouldnt be surprised to all these guys do really well and be an extremely tough out for alot of guys.

Mike Anderson - Riley High School.

Man is a monster that missed a more than a season and a half with two unrelated injuries. If he is able to get into shape before this Saturday he could be punching his ticket to a state place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.