Evansville Semi-State

BlueBolt

Is the 113 weight class based on the semi-state bracket?  Schoettle beat Davis 8-4 with Schoettle taking Davis down 4 times and cutting Davis 4 times. 

Of corse, they aren't I. Order of 1-4 placing, these are who I think are getting through ticket rounds starting at the top of the bracket and going down.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evansville Spectator, you have Batts moving on to the state finals and he finished fourth in his regional and did not have one ranked wrestler there in his weight class (other than himself).  Do you have some inside information or can you explain that pick a little further.  I know the wrestlers in front of him are good, but his first round matchup against Broukal is a tough one and I believe Broukal is a better wrestler than any of the three that finished ahead of him at regionals.

113 is a loaded weight class in this Sectional. Anthony Schoettle was beating Josh Davis 6-4 with 7 seconds left when Davis tried a suicide takedown to force OT and Shoettle got around for the last second 2. Whoever said Davis was taken down 4 and cut 4 is mistaken. I have seen the video. "scouting mission"  I will say that Davis is the toughest kid in our Semi-State at 113. He looked great at Regionals until he mad a mistake. To Alex Johnsons credit he capitalized on that mistake and beat Davis.  I dont see Davis getting stopped this weekend and look for him to go deep in the state tourny. I have seen several tapes of his matches this year and he is getting better with each match. Example is Johnson. First match was 1 point match Davis won. Second match was a 5 point match Davis won. Third was a 8-0 match and everyone in that gym saw Davis had the pin in the first period. Either way Johnson did pull off the upset with some luck and bad officiating.  I see 2 and possibly 3 Central Sectional 113's getting in. Mastison can pull off the upset. His style shuts down offenses.  I see Davis and Johnson getting to day 2 at state.

Evansville Spectator, you have Batts moving on to the state finals and he finished fourth in his regional and did not have one ranked wrestler there in his weight class (other than himself).  Do you have some inside information or can you explain that pick a little further.  I know the wrestlers in front of him are good, but his first round matchup against Broukal is a tough one and I believe Broukal is a better wrestler than any of the three that finished ahead of him at regionals.

Agree, Batts didnt lool good at all. Got pinned in semi and pinned for 3rd and 4th

Agree, Batts didnt lool good at all. Got pinned in semi and pinned for 3rd and 4th

You guys may very well be right. I have only seen him wrestle once and he did look quite good. I don't know the quality of the kid he wrestled. However I hadn't seen the others and think he could do it. Maybe regionals was an off day? Maybe not. I'm not sure.  I guess only Saturday will tell. But no. I have no insider information.

113 is a loaded weight class in this Sectional. Anthony Schoettle was beating Josh Davis 6-4 with 7 seconds left when Davis tried a suicide takedown to force OT and Shoettle got around for the last second 2. Whoever said Davis was taken down 4 and cut 4 is mistaken. I have seen the video. "scouting mission"  I will say that Davis is the toughest kid in our Semi-State at 113. He looked great at Regionals until he mad a mistake. To Alex Johnsons credit he capitalized on that mistake and beat Davis.  I dont see Davis getting stopped this weekend and look for him to go deep in the state tourny. I have seen several tapes of his matches this year and he is getting better with each match. Example is Johnson. First match was 1 point match Davis won. Second match was a 5 point match Davis won. Third was a 8-0 match and everyone in that gym saw Davis had the pin in the first period. Either way Johnson did pull off the upset with some luck and bad officiating.  I see 2 and possibly 3 Central Sectional 113's getting in. Mastison can pull off the upset. His style shuts down offenses.  I see Davis and Johnson getting to day 2 at state.

Davis is good and improving and has impressed me. Will he make it to day 2? Depends on how good he does at semi-state and his draw. :D but Johnson is just a freshmen. And still make mistakes like one. I think he will be one heck of a senior though. I'm rootin for him and Davis both. They both can compete with anybody.

Castle sectional a joke.  Get real .  How many state champs did you have last year ?  It's about time centrals sectional steps up and represents the south. Good luck to all southern ind wrestlers come state time.

Do some research before you open your mouth and let stupidity fall out.

As for everyone hating on BlueBolt, how many predictions do you make that come out wrong. Have you been around as long as he has to see how many of his predictions were right last year and the tear before that and the year before that? Many of you don't.

In order 1,2,3,4.

106 Brown Kuhn Seng Fox

(brown beats kennedy in a huge ticket rd match and then gets revenge on Kuhn)

113  Schoettle Davis Lahue Johnson

120 Welch Goebel Shepard Runyon

126 Wedding Vanhook Pierre Broukal

(first 3 will all place at state)

132 Malloy Hupp Moody Marler

(first 3 will all place at state)

138 Lannert B. Kelly  Judy G. Kelly (darkhorse could be Gast)

145   Hayhurst  Bassemier Appel Singleton

(same guys from regional)

152 Rueger Richey Adams Burnette

(it's sad Farmer gets Rueger 2nd round)

160 Underwood Lough Oser Warner

(the toughest weight class at Eville SS)

170 Mappes Bowman Warren Fiddler

182  Brandenstein thacker Wathen  Konerding

(i can see wathen beating Brandenstein in semis)

195 Maurer Halbig Curtley Jones

220 Bass Knura Boehm See

(2nd toughest weight at Eville, all 4 could place)

285  Wright Phillips Suter Hohl

Damon Kuhn

Jacob Brown

DJ Smith

Hunter Fox

Anthony Schoettle

Bailey LaHue

Josh Davis

Alex Johnson

Luke Welch

Sam Goebel

Alonzo Shepard

Blake Johns

Gideon Vanhook

Logan Wedding

Josh Pierre

Devin Broukal

Neal Molloy

Tre Marler

Trevor Moody

Tyler Hupp

Jake Lannert

Brenden Kelly

Jordan Judy

Leo Meza

Brayden Montgomery

Brian Hayhurst

Alex Bassemier

Luke Mundy

Blake Rueger

Quincy Richey

Luke Kriech

Colt Burnette

Jacob Underwood

Brock Warner

Swade Oser

Tsali Lough

Sean Mappes

Aaron King

Austin Warren

Austin Bowman

Dalton Brandenstein

Dakota Thacker

Brock Wathen

Gabe Konerding

Dane Maurer

Dalton Halbig

Elijah Curtley

Austin Wilson

Keith Knura

Iyan Bass

Jared Boehm

Aaron See

Kaden Suter

Trevor Phillips

Nathan Wright

Drew Ponder

Guys making it through:

106:

DJ Smith (F)

Terrance Kennedy (FC)

Kuhn ®

Fox©

113:

Davis ®

Lahue(CO)

Schoettle(CG)

Johnson (MD)

120:

Shepherd (JE)

Welch(Ca)

Lykins (F) or goebal (MD) I can't decide

Johns ®

126:

Broukal(BS)

Vanhook®

Batts ©

Wedding (M)

132:

Marler(FC)

Hupp(IC) but I'll hide my black horse pick :D

Molloy(D)

Moody ®

138:

Kelley(Ce)

Stevenson(F)

Lannert(MD)

Hoehn or Judy... Can't pick

145:

Fentz(F)

Black horse: McCreary (M)

Bassmeier(MD)

Appell or Montgomery.. No decision

152:

Rueger®

Kriech(F)

Richey(BC)

Bumette (MI)

160:

Underwood (M)

Oser(HH)

Warner or Abell.. Battling it out for their senior year ticket

Tough (THS)

170:

King®

Bowman(F)... Maybe Marlin

Warren(Ca)

Mappes(CG)

182:

Brandenstein(MD)

Wathen(JC)

Thacker (BC)

Randall (FC)

195:

Halbig or Haley

Jones(A)

MauRer(MD)

Black Horse: Bird (WV)

220:

Hesler (GC)

Knura(IC)

Bass(JC)

Boehm (HH)

HWT:

Hohl(Ce)

Snyder(A)

Suter(M)

Wright( MD)

Thoughts? Their we're some very hard decisions and there will be some great upsets (By Seeding) I could see happen.

You really think that the number one heavy in the state is going to come out third?

This Regional is a coachs nightmare. Brown a 2, Johns a 2, Wedding a 2, Lannert a 3...on and on....Central Sectional creates bad sleep nights for the rest of the state. I love it!!

Davis a 2, Mastison a 3, Stock a 4, Geobel a 3, Pierre a 3, Schroeder a 2, Hoehn a 2, Bassmeier a 3, Boehm a 2, Collins a 3.  You are right a lot of depth in some weight classes.  Can't wait until Saturday.  Hope all of the guys have a great week of practice and show up ready to go Saturday.

Davis a 2, Mastison a 3, Stock a 4, Geobel a 3, Pierre a 3, Schroeder a 2, Hoehn a 2, Bassmeier a 3, Boehm a 2, Collins a 3.  You are right a lot of depth in some weight classes.  Can't wait until Saturday.  Hope all of the guys have a great week of practice and show up ready to go Saturday.

Mastison is a 4

Is this the same Blue Nut that predicted a lot more Castle Sectional wrestlers to get out?? Get a clue. Look at the bracket closely??? When I look I see a 2X State Qualifier in Hoehn and nothing from Judy but just a drill partner in the wrestling room.

[/quotete]Oh please don't get him going again.Don't you all know that his 50% prediction ratio is never wrong.

My mistake.  Either way, Stock a 3 and Mastison a 4 sure does sound rough.  I don't know if I would want to be the #1 that has to face Mastison or the #2 who faces Stock.  Both are very good and will be difficult to beat.

Well it is a good quality kid that faces Mastison so it is a bad draw for Mastison because he has the projected number 1 coming out of the semi state

Well it is a good quality kid that faces Mastison so it is a bad draw for Mastison because he has the projected number 1 coming out of the semi state

Definitely a tough draw for Mastison and it would be an upset should he win, but I would go out on a limb and say he is the toughest #4 in that weight class.  I wouldn't want to be the #1 in Davis' group either.  Talk about a rough draw.  I'm sure he will be on  a mission next Saturday.

Definitely a tough draw for Mastison and it would be an upset should he win, but I would go out on a limb and say he is the toughest #4 in that weight class.  I wouldn't want to be the #1 in Davis' group either.  Talk about a rough draw.  I'm sure he will be on  a mission next Saturday.

I agree that Mastison is definitely the toughest 4 seed in the bunch and yes the 1 seed from edgewood is in for a beating by Davis, Davis is lucky with his draw too cause that may be the easiest 1 seed to get in the ticket round

Have you been to Danvilles practices and have some inside info. Just because there is talent in the room doesnt mean that his PRACTICE partner is as good. You are just secretly bitter that the Castle sectional didnt perform as well as you had hoped.

And how might you know I don't?  Have you seen Judy wrestle? 

The most interesting part of it all is how the fact I have stated I would love to see Hoehn win out hs been completely lost in all this. 

As for the Castle sectional's performance, it is what it is.  Bitter?  Are you serious?  These are teenage kids in a high school sport!  I am not posting flipping spreadsheets and pie charts full of stats

And what have you.  Whose taking all this far to seriously? 

Good luck to all our kids.  It is going to be a wild one that is far tighter  than it has been in recent years.  It is really fantastic to see the talent pool leveling out and some of the best representative for our semi state come from various places.  It's just better all around for the sport. 

i will start

106 Seng, Brohn, Kuhn, Schermer

113 Davis, Lahue, Schoettle, Johnson

120 Shepherd, Welch, Lykins, Runyon

126 Broukel, Vanhook, Pierre, Wedding

132 Marler, Montgomery, Molley, Moody

138 Kelly, Kelly, Lannert, Hoehn

145 Fentz, Castillo, Bassemier, Montgomry

152 Rueger, Adams, Richey, Burnette

160 Underwood, Oser, Linderschimt, Lough

170 Fidler, Marlin, Warren, Mappes

182 Bradestein, Wathen, Thacker, Konerding

195 Haibig, Jones, Maurer, Curtley

220 See, Knura, Bass, Boehm

285 Mckee, Phillips, Suter, Wright

seng over brown and kuhn??? I see brown winning

Here's my predictions(yes, Predictions)

106- Seng Kennedy Kuhn Fox

113- Davis LaHue Schoettle Johnson

120- Shepherd Welch Goeble Johns

126- Broukal Vanhook Batts Wedding

132- Marler Hupp Molloy Moody

138-Kelly Kelly Lannert Hoehn

145-Hayhurst Singleton Bassemier Montgomery

152-Rueger Dallas Richey Burnette

160-Underwood Oser Lindenschmidt Tough

170-Kind Marlin Warren Mappes

182-Brandenstein Wathen Meyer Konerding

195-Haley Lane Maurer Curtley

220-Andrey Knura Bass Boehm

285-Hohl Phillips Suter Wright

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.