injury timeouts

1prouddad

It doesn't make much of a difference say i take a injury timeout against a better wrestler, he refreshes along with me so the outcome will still be the better wrestler winning.

REALLY..Let's just say there is 20 sec. to go in a match and  wrestler(B) is down by 1 but pushing for the take down and wrestler(a) knows IT and calls for a t/o and goes over to drink water and talk it over with coach. Match resumes with minimal time and wrestler (a) just stalls out. Are you as a wrestler or even better yet,a coach, proud of your win. I wouldn't be, but I guess some are as long as my "Johnny" wins. Wrestle hard for your 6 minutes or get out!

hahhhah i cant believe you actually said it is a smart tactice i think there should be a penalty on that i mean there is one if you stop a pin why not a reversal only thing i see taking a injury time is like a dislocation and i dont mean a finger i mean shoulder elbow knee and so on a finger shouldnt be stopped till movement is stopped if you disagree then dont wrestle because dislocated inger are a part of the sport  ;)

hahhhah i cant believe you actually said it is a smart tactice i think there should be a penalty on that i mean there is one if you stop a pin why not a reversal only thing i see taking a injury time is like a dislocation and i dont mean a finger i mean shoulder elbow knee and so on a finger shouldnt be stopped till movement is stopped if you disagree then dont wrestle because dislocated inger are a part of the sport  ;)

That could be on the back of a team shirt....I can see it now Random High School Wrestling:  Dislocated fingers are part of the sport.

It's part of the sport. That's a smart tactic if you ask me. And it isn't fair but what can you do about it? Sit on a message board and complain? No, use every weapon in ur arsenal to win the match no matter what.

Lol, you dont or didnt win much did you?

It is getting pathetic! Biggest part of the game that needs some refining.  I saw a kid a week ago down by 1 with short time, the kid has a two on one on his back so he wasnt getting up.  He called for injury time to get a new start.  How can you root for somone like that?

Injury time gives opponent choice in NCAA.

I must say it should be the same in high school wrestling. This takes away the advantage that some coaches or parents that that it is fine fine to go through the motions till things get hot. Weak performance and very little stamina will take you no where unless you have a coach that thinks it's fine to work a ref or great sport like this. Shame on the coach and more so SHAME on the ref for stoppage.. point to red for stalling..

It's part of the sport. That's a smart tactic if you ask me. And it isn't fair but what can you do about it? Sit on a message board and complain? No, use every weapon in ur arsenal to win the match no matter what.

Maybe this is true, but it is still a gutless thing to coach your kids to do.  I put this right there with telling your kid to stay down after a slam or illegal move just to advance.  It"s a rule but a gutless and unsportsman like thing to do which sets a poor example for the boys.

Maybe this is true, but it is still a gutless thing to coach your kids to do.  I put this right there with telling your kid to stay down after a slam or illegal move just to advance.  It"s a rule but a gutless and unsportsman like thing to do which sets a poor example for the boys.

Very well said. Competition is direct replication of how you train yourself. Maybe their practices are nothing more than toe taps and leap frogs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.