Major Upsets at Regional

GUNNY77

138 pounds Hoehn over (#2)Lannert 7-4. Hoehn is a good wrestler but beating somebody like Lannert in my eyes is a huge upset. Considering the facts: Hoehn gets destroyed by Kelley all year, and vice versa with Kelley to Lannert. Unranked wrestler taking down the #2 guy...

138 pounds Hoehn over (#2)Lannert 7-4. Hoehn is a good wrestler but beating somebody like Lannert in my eyes is a huge upset. Considering the facts: Hoehn gets destroyed by Kelley all year, and vice versa with Kelley to Lannert. Unranked wrestler taking down the #2 guy...

i'd say that qualifies as a pretty big upset...

At 113 #16 Forrest Glogouski hands #4 Frane his first loss of the season. The score was 3-2 but Forrest did even better than the score showed, very impressive showing.

Forrest wrestled really well.  I am hoping to see that in the finals at Semi-State.

I wouldn't exactly call it a huge upset. Yes given the accolades of Lannert placing 4th last year he is clearly the better wrestler on paper, but Hoehn has also been a State Qualifier the past 2 years.  And Kelley destroying Hoehn all year, i don't know where that comes from? Yes he beat him handily the first week of the season, but last week before Conference they were in a 2 point match before Hoehn tried to make something happen at the end to lose by 7. Then Hoehn is up 3 last week with 30 seconds left before losing the lead. Yes I would agree Kelley has his number but far from destroying him. My view, these 3 could wrestle every weekend and it could be a different outcome every time. I can see all 3 of them on the podium this year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.