5th & 6th Place at Regionals

cradlesr4babies

That is correct.  I would think it seems slightly logical to make the highest sectional placer eliminated in round 1 the alternate. With the event of two eliminated with the same placing the place goes to whoevers sectional won that weight class.  However, they send the person who lost to the eventual champion since that's how it's always been set up and a quick fix.  It usually only effects a few people each year anyway.

Actually I am pretty sure that only applies if the wrestler who loses to the champion in the first round does not get pinned, then from the way I understand it if a pin does occur then 5th place is determined by the wrestler whom lost in the first round by the lesser points.  :D

I am about 98.6% sure that you are incorrect.  Fifth place is the last non-qualifying loser to the champion at both regional and semi-state, regardless of how that loss occurs.

I'm sure he is referring to the Richmond Regional, but why he doesn't come out and say so is beyond me.  For example, 120 UCo Gregory didn't wrestle because of injury, a Lawrenceburg kid replaced him, also at 145 the 5th shows Noe from Richmond, who lost first round to Giffin who places 3rd.  I guess maybe the AD at Richmond is responsible for sending this info in, so maybe he is confused on how things are done correctly, just speculating tho.  Unless there is a wrestler who can't go next weekend, then it's all for naught.

I'm sure he is referring to the Richmond Regional, but why he doesn't come out and say so is beyond me.  For example, 120 UCo Gregory didn't wrestle because of injury, a Lawrenceburg kid replaced him, also at 145 the 5th shows Noe from Richmond, who lost first round to Giffin who places 3rd.  I guess maybe the AD at Richmond is responsible for sending this info in, so maybe he is confused on how things are done correctly, just speculating tho.  Unless there is a wrestler who can't go next weekend, then it's all for naught.

The question was brought up sir because Ive been told the first rd loser to the winner is the alternate many times and every year there are occasions where that has not been true and even tho my opinion is by doing so is rewarding a 4 seed. I have heard the different reasonings behind why including the point differential and was curious if someone had reasioning behind it. As far as its all for naught, probably rite, but I remember years back a wrestler from centerville was an alternate at semi state and went on to place at state. Now as far as the AD at Richmond if he was responsible for the placements being sent in, dont know, but lets just remember if he was it has to be correct with no questions asked cuz you people praised him for that moron decision 2 years ago on the postponment and ran the regional on a school nite.

The question was brought up sir because Ive been told the first rd loser to the winner is the alternate many times and every year there are occasions where that has not been true and even tho my opinion is by doing so is rewarding a 4 seed. I have heard the different reasonings behind why including the point differential and was curious if someone had reasioning behind it. As far as its all for naught, probably rite, but I remember years back a wrestler from centerville was an alternate at semi state and went on to place at state. Now as far as the AD at Richmond if he was responsible for the placements being sent in, dont know, but lets just remember if he was it has to be correct with no questions asked cuz you people praised him for that moron decision 2 years ago on the postponment and ran the regional on a school nite.

So, you'd prefer people from 2 plus hours drive thru blizzard conditions when a postponed was the proper decision?  How exactly was that a moronic decision?  I guess when you live close to Richmond, or in it, then it's alot easier.  Anyways, I have only heard of the alt. being the first round loser of the weight class winner.  If it is the right way to go about deciding the alt. to have the loser of lesser points be awarded, so be it.  I have never heard of it.  

From the Winter Bulletin:

B. Regionals to Semi-States ? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place contestants in each

weight class will advance to the semi-state.

1. Alternates ? If it becomes necessary to provide an alternate for any contestant

eligible to advance, the following procedure will be used:

a. The alternate may be offi cially weighed in immediately after the end of the

offi cial weigh-in period.

b. The 1st alternate will be the last individual defeated by the champion who

did not advance by placing.

So the wrestler that was beaten by the eventual champion would be the 5th place finisher.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.