Whose joining the IHSWCA

Jake Riesen

Note to self

NEVER SAY SOMETHING BAD about someone AND never have a personal vendetta against Y2 :-X

Agreed, maybe a better way to have handled this would have been to have given Coach Peck TerryTiptons name, because as the saying goes two wrongs dont make a right!! Y2 does a great job promoting our sport and puts endless hours into this, but he's also like the abusive powerlord J Edgar Hoover of this messageboard, lol :P

This will be my last post on the website.  I know I have rialed a few guys up on here.  Truth is I say outlandish things, because this is a message board without people being a little over the top there is nothing to really talk about.  As soon as I was outted by Y2 and he linked me to my brother I realized I do not have any liberty to say what I want or what I feel on this site.  My brother and I disagree on several issues as he has stated previously and I want to clear his name from any of this.  Y2 to lump him in with me was a low blow.  I am my own man I have my own opinions and I am astonished in this day and age that I offended anyone, beside my post yesterday about Coach Peck.  That was an instance where I took it to far and apologized in a personal email early this morning.   I told him how I felt about the team regional and he let me know that there was more to the story then that.  He also went into a touch of detail about what transpired and it very well could be a case of not knowing all the information.  Deep down I do believe in all the issues I have stood up for.  I have stood for strengthening the association, classing the team side, trying to get more coaches involved, fighting against unethical behavior, and even saying Matre Dei has a distinct advantage.  The problem with myself on this board was I came out as a fan instead of someone who could directly impact a coach.  For all the hard work my brother has been putting in with his team and the association I just want to again distance myself from him.  I am ashamed that I was linked to him in anyway shape or form on this board.  Everything posted on here was my thoughts on the matters at hand (most of them very exaggerated).  As for Y2 bringing up my brother I think it was at the very least unexceptable.  

FOr the record I am a down to earth fun loving guy and if I thought as strongly as I stated things on this board I would have some serious problems.  I may have also came at individuals very hard on the board, most of the time this was probably because all the facts were not on the table.  I do not know Trent McCormick or Coach Peck and I wanted to personally apologize to you two for coming out aggressivly.  Y2 and Karl my brother has personally spoke highly of you to me off and on the mats.  Especially with Garrets RTC and Karl's work with the association.  At the end of the day I am done on here and just wanted to say sorry to everyone and for future references for others in my situation please remember your opinion not only effects yourselves but the programs and people you associate with.  Take that as a life lesson and let by gones be by gones.

My first post of the day was a call out of myself to coach Peck.  I have said that it was unfair of me to attack him, because I do not know him personally.  As far as wrestling 6 guys at team regionals I am not the only one offended, in fact your post calls in to question his integrity.  I have at least since rebutted my statements.  I woke up and realized he wasn't the one to fight against.  He wasn't the first or the last to sit wrestlers in the team series.  That being said I don't think it was the right thing to do and I never will.   I also think classing team state is a great way to get all teams involved.  I also think that the coaches association is a great way to get involved. I also think that Matre Dei has an unfair advantage.   Its on the record I said it and I agree with what I have said.  The way in which I have said it maybe a touch outlandish, but it doesn't change how I feel.  Am I a great spokesmen for Indiana wrestling No, but am I on the right side of the issues?  Many would say yes. 

So you think Mater Dei has an unfair advantage, but not other parochial schools?  In what way would they have an unfair advantage and Cathedral, Evansville Memorial, Chatard, etc. would not?  They are all bigger schools also.  Seems like maybe that is who you should be going after.

So you think Mater Dei has an unfair advantage, but not other parochial schools?  In what way would they have an unfair advantage and Cathedral, Evansville Memorial, Chatard, etc. would not?  They are all bigger schools also.  Seems like maybe that is who you should be going after.

Sorry, you don't have answer that question, especially if it will keep you from posting again.

Note to self

NEVER SAY SOMETHING BAD about someone AND never have a personal vendetta against Y2 :-X

I wouldn't go that far.  It just seems like you need to sign your name if you want to be negative about someone else.  I can respect that request.

Also, this is Y2's site.  Freedom of speech is a subjective issue as determined by him.  If he wants you to own up to your comments, it's his show.  If you want complete freedom, there is a lot of Internet out there for you to produce your own site.

Or Andrean, Lafayette Central, SB st. joe and Mishawaka marian for that matter.

Since Ttipton's real name was revealed, I think all screen names should be.  Some of us are known, others are not... and many people get excited over issues and call out people when it comes to other topics...

Also, this is Y2's site.  Freedom of speech is a subjective issue as determined by him.  If he wants you to own up to your comments, it's his show.  If you want complete freedom, there is a lot of Internet out there for you to produce your own site.

that was a problem with the old discussion board... if the moderators didnt like what was said, even if it was not abusive or foul, it would be removed...  I dont see this board going that direction....

that was a problem with the old discussion board... if the moderators didnt like what was said, even if it was not abusive or foul, it would be removed...  I dont see this board going that direction....

Not true.  "The Stick" was banned from this site for bashing Y2.  I have had comments deleted by Y2 b/c he disagreed with them. 

I will join again just like always because I'm a high school wrestling coach in Indiana.

Why would you not join if you are a high school coach in Indiana?

I will attend the Fall and Spring clinic just like always, because that is part of being a high school wrestling coach.

You don't have to agree with everything the IHSWCA does, but as a high school coach at least join it. Then let your feelings be heard.

Some of you young coaches don't realize how much the IHSWCA has done for Indiana wrestling.

You may not like certain things here or there, but the IHSWCA has done alot of positive things for Indiana wrestling.

You young guys don't remember the days when the state tournament was only 3 weeks with a big sectional and 8 regional champions advancing to state. Only the Champion advanced.

State (8 man bracket) used to be first round losers out, semi final winners went for the title and losers 3rd and 4th.

Then we got semi-state and top 2 advanced to state.

Then we advanced 4 to State, if you lost sat morning your kid that beat you had to win to keep you in the tournament.

Finally we got top 8 at state , sat morning losers wrestling for 7th and 8th and 6th,5th,4th,3rd how it wrestled out.

This all came from input from the IHSWCA that some of you want to bash on this website.

When we went back to the current tournament the IHSAA didn't want wrestle backs at the sectional, but the IHSWCA got it.

Join the association and let your feelings be heard.

Don't just keep posting on here, get involved and try and make a difference.

Welcome to the Internet people....it's a place where you can hide behind a supposed anonymity and get away with everything however identities aren't as secured as you would like to think if you are going to post something post something under the assumption everyone knows who you are and you won't end up eating your words...I hid my name till I graduated and since then have displayed it on every post it def has gotten me some negative responses due to my beliefs but at least I was out there...I took many negative responses from penn fans but I've been told they at least respect me for being upfront about it...now in defense of Y2 I dunno how many of you guys understand how this Internet thing works it takes money and time and it was started by Y2 if he decides tomorrow to make it a basketball board and ban all wrestling fans he can. When you sign up for the board you basically waive rights to freedom of speech if you don't agree with that don't sign up.

Welcome to the Internet people....it's a place where you can hide behind a supposed anonymity and get away with everything however identities aren't as secured as you would like to think if you are going to post something post something under the assumption everyone knows who you are and you won't end up eating your words...I hid my name till I graduated and since then have displayed it on every post it def has gotten me some negative responses due to my beliefs but at least I was out there...I took many negative responses from penn fans but I've been told they at least respect me for being upfront about it...now in defense of Y2 I dunno how many of you guys understand how this Internet thing works it takes money and time and it was started by Y2 if he decides tomorrow to make it a basketball board and ban all wrestling fans he can. When you sign up for the board you basically waive rights to freedom of speech if you don't agree with that don't sign up.

Exactly.  Whether or not you think it was weak sauce to do is irrelevant.  As a media member, Y2 can take whatever angle he wants on the current state of Indiana wrestling.  That's why this site came into existence.  He saw a need in our sport for people to spread information and opinion on the sport of wrestling, and he created this site in response to that need.  There was no promise that it would be fair and balanced, as most members of the media may feel stronger about some topics as others.  When you understand those facts, it's not so bad.

Insanity?

The IHSWCA proposed what majority of the IHSWCA membership wanted - team state, wrestle backs and even class wrestling - when the IHSWCA proposed it guess what? The same results with wrestle backs and class wrestling. The IHSWCA did get team state, but now its gone. The fact is Blake Ress never wanted team state. We got that when Gardner was commissioner. Blake as our assistant commissioner over wrestling was against it. He made it his mission to find a way to get rid of it from the beginning. We just made it easy on him by holding kids out of the team portion.

It comes down to getting the commissioner to support what we want. Get Bobby Cox to support wrestle backs or class wrestling and you have a chance.

The commissioner controls the board.

The problem is its not just wrestling, but all individual sports. What ever they decide will affect all individual sports, not just wrestling. The IHSAA has to decide if they want this for all individual sports and is it possible for all individual sports.

What are the costs to the IHSAA, venues - who will be willing to host events? Officials? That is what they look at, not what is best for wrestling.

What do you suggest we do different now? There will never be wrestle backs until the IHSAA decides they want it. They will continue to ask "how many times do you have to lose before your out?" They will argue all other sports are 1 and done if you lose, why should wrestling be any different.

There will never be class wrestling until they are ready to class all individual sports. They will always refer to wrestling as an individual sport.

So what do you want to propose differently?

So I say keep proposing wrestle backs at the regional and semi-state if that is what the majority of our membership wants and keep proposing class wrestling if that is what the majority of our membership wants.

And until they are ready to make a change, the the results will be the same.

If you have an idea of how we can get different results then tell the membership and lets get different results.

This has been the battle for a long time - if you know a better way to get what the majority of our membership wants then tell them and lets go do it.

Again - if you have the answer to how to get the IHSAA to make the changes - tell us.

How do we now get the IHSAA, our governing body, to say "you know what, I think wrestling needs wrestle backs at the regional and semi-state levels and we need to make wrestling a class sport"

The IHSAA will make the final decision. So just keep proposing what the majority of our membership wants no matter what the results. Maybe we will eventually wear them down.

Insanity? If you have the magic answer of how to get the IHSAA to give the IHSWCA (Indiana coaches) what they want - please tell us!

If fighting for what the majority of IHSWCA members wanted over the years and getting the same results is insanity then I guess I'm insane to having spent as much time, gas and money as I did for most of my career.

Please - someone tell me how to get the IHSAA to give us what we want! I would love to know what we could do differently and get different results.

Just one old insane coach talking here who fought the fight.

Y2 - I expected a different response from you - usually you tear my responses apart.

The bottom line is I don't know what we could do differently, so it is up to you young coaches to find a way to gt the IHSAA to buy into wrestle backs, class, team dual state or whatever or membership would like to see happen.

The only answer I have is keep fighting for what the majority of what our membership wants, even if the IHSAA will vote it down.

Like is said earlier, if you or anyone else has a plan to get it done, lets hear it and then go after it.

Give us something besides just increasing membership, ethics of our coaches and ethics of our leadership.

I really don't know where the questions or our leadership's ethics comes from. The membership voted the current officers in, if there was a question of their ethics, how did they get voted in in the first place? That should have been considered in the vote to start with.

Please site the ethical questions you have with our current officers or past officers.

Most of theses men have a passionate interest in Indiana wrestling.

If they are unethical, how did they get voted in in the first place?

I think the most important factor is to get or membership united on a cause.

What is he cause? Team state, wrestle backs or class wrestling or something else.

Decide what we want to fight for and then go after it and everyone support it even if we may fail with the IHSAA.

I think that the most important issue is to get our coaches united in a cause.

We are our most detrimental problem. Not being supportive of the cause.

United we stand, divided we fall and the IHSAA knows this and plays into this.

I know Bobby Cox got on here and read what was said and then used it against our officers in meetings.

We have to find a way to get everyone (our coaches) on the same page.

That is up to you young guys to figure out how to do it.

I'm closer to the end of my career than you young guys, but I will still fight for what is best for Indiana wrestling, even when I'm done coaching.

Find a way to get what the majority of our coaches want.

Just remember the final decision is the IHSAA - if they want to make the change they will, if not they will justify their decision.

This has been my experience in dealing with the IHSAA

So just keep fighting, but be united in what you want, even if it may fail in the Executive Board vote!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.