Whose joining the IHSWCA

Jake Riesen

Terry u r going to keep coaches away. You obviously have some severe issues. Ive sit here all week and chuckled at ur post, but its disturbingly obvious that you have a problem.

Please do the IHSWCA a favor and drop it.

When u get a chance go by Rileys and let The Campbell family know how they have embarrassed Indiana Wrestling.

Gonna be honest.  I don't see how you can go from the decision of a coach to fill in names in a lineup to the entire state of Indiana wrestling is led currently by men with no character.

I get you want action.  You've made that clear.  But I honestly don't want this kind of leadership (tearing down the decisions of others and insulting coaches) in the coaches' association. 

You got a problem with that coach's decision?  He's got an email address.  Share it with him.  But don't insult a large group of coaches who are out here working to make things better for our kids.  That's low class....

My post here isn't about last night, or the young man in Riley hospital, or team state.  It is more just about our current situation in general with the IHSWCA.  I coached for three decades, but have been retired from coaching for many years.  Looking back, I think my generation of coaches in the 70s, 80s, 90s really let you guys down.  And I apologize for that.

When I coached, the IHSWCA was really flimsy because we had virtually no need for it.  Honest to god, the sole reason to be an IHSWCA member in the 1980s was because only members could access the food in the coaches? hospitality room at State in Market Square.  And being president of the IHSWCA back then was like being Grand Marshall of the Arbor Day parade: meaningless.

It was not until the mid 90s that the IHSWCA really began to matter.  And it mattered because the IHSAA began asking questions about the sport of wrestling.  Then over the past decade, it appears that rather than be politically savvy and attempt to win over the IHSAA so that we did not reach a breaking point, our IHSWCA leadership has done just the opposite.  And I am fully aware that the IHSAA personalities did not help at all, either!  The wrestling community?s relationship with the IHSAA has been weaponized. 

Perhaps worst of all, the legacy that coaches from my generation left you guys with is an impotent IHSWCA that in a sadly weaponized environment, has been totally unable to respond.  Sometimes, it is only through the long lens of history that one can see the regretful cascade of events which leads to a specific negative outcome.  Once again, I apologize to you guys coaching today.  Many of us former guys failed you in this regard.

Unfortunately this has been the second post I have seen this week where people have just blatantly attacked a coach for their actions.  The sport of wrestling in general can not afford to have this.  We go back and forth on what we can do to even stay afloat with the numbers we get in the room.  As a member of this community we should be standing by all of those who are in the community when attacked.  Don't get me wrong, when a member of this community does something that you don't agree with I don't expect everyone to be quiet about it.  I just don't expect people to be hung on a cross, if you have an issue with someone why not go the old fashion route and confront them in person?  If that doesn't work we can always set up a match and settle it on the mat.  ;) 

Unfortunately this has been the second post I have seen this week where people have just blatantly attacked a coach for their actions.  The sport of wrestling in general can not afford to have this.  We go back and forth on what we can do to even stay afloat with the numbers we get in the room.  As a member of this community we should be standing by all of those who are in the community when attacked.  Don't get me wrong, when a member of this community does something that you don't agree with I don't expect everyone to be quiet about it.  I just don't expect people to be hung on a cross, if you have an issue with someone why not go the old fashion route and confront them in person?  If that doesn't work we can always set up a match and settle it on the mat.  ;) 

People need to be held accountable for their actions.  Just like my wrestlers are held accountable for their actions and will get called out when they do stuff that is detrimental to the team, a coach should be called out when he does stuff that is detrimental to the sport.

I would like to personally apologize for my comments.  I get fired up about something and sometimes I type faster then I can think.  I do not know Coach Peck personally and to attack his character is a low blow that I should be above.  I am a passionate FAN with an attitude and although I am right 99% of the time I can sometimes say things the wrong way.  That brings me to my next point, there are a lot of COACHes on here that want to get on the internet and say the association is horrible because of this or that.  Truth is if we went to the meeting we would see what type of people they really are.  I am sure if Y2 or the others who complain were ever to attend a coaches meeting he would be the guy in the corner saying nothing then coming home grabbing a Mr Pibb sitting in front of their labtops and trying to redicule those who do try and make the sport better.  So I guess for as pissed as I am at Coach Peck I can find blame to go arround.  Many of you are sitting here right now reading with no intentions of trying to help out.  At least Coach Peck is man enough to step up when called upon. 

So to paraphrase I am not the greatest spokesman for Indiana wrestling neither is coach peck and neither is anyone who complains with no intentions of doing anything. 

Terry,

I really enjoy the pot shots you continue to take at me.  It is actually really funny.  If you want to continue to do so feel free to, but just so you know you are not as anonymous as you THINK you are!  When you are outed, not only will you look silly, so will people you are associated with!

Say what you would like, but I stand by everything I have said and not the way in which I have said it.  I can admit fault in a lot of different aspects of myself on this board.  I really am for the team state and totally on board for the association.  Anyone who dissagrees with me has every right to do so, but I am also entitled to my opinion. 

I have personally never been to a meeting.  Like I have stated before I am just a fan.  A fan who wants whats best for the sport.  I have also stated by no means should I be a spokesmen for the sport.  The bluntness that I have stated things have done nothing but insight arguements within the board.  Besides the fact that for a two week period I think we made headway on a classed team title. 

My first post of the day was a call out of myself to coach Peck.  I have said that it was unfair of me to attack him, because I do not know him personally.  As far as wrestling 6 guys at team regionals I am not the only one offended, in fact your post calls in to question his integrity.  I have at least since rebutted my statements.  I woke up and realized he wasn't the one to fight against.  He wasn't the first or the last to sit wrestlers in the team series.  That being said I don't think it was the right thing to do and I never will.  I also think classing team state is a great way to get all teams involved.  I also think that the coaches association is a great way to get involved. I also think that Matre Dei has an unfair advantage.  Its on the record I said it and I agree with what I have said.  The way in which I have said it maybe a touch outlandish, but it doesn't change how I feel.  Am I a great spokesmen for Indiana wrestling No, but am I on the right side of the issues?  Many would say yes. 

If you are going to call people out, it would be respectful to put your REAL name, not a fake one.

You have hour to apologize to Coach Peckinpaugh with your real name or I am releasing it.

Are you going to release all the names and usernames or just the ones you have a personal vendetta with?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.