IHSWCA 2012-13 Duals State Finals Qualification--standings after sectionals

maligned

Below are the standings after sectionals for qualification for the 2012-13 IHSWCA Duals State Championship event.  

A few notes:

1. Scoring systems are different from class to class, so don?t freak out that a small school has many more points than a big school.

2. The scores are much, much more dependent on your underclassmen?s success than on your seniors? success.  So if you?ve got 7 seniors in your lineup, you may seem lower than you expected.

3. A multiplier is used for 2A/1A to even out the difficulty of sectionals/regionals for sectional/regional points.  So you may have more points than another team despite advancing a couple less kids than them to regional.

4. The points for 3A are almost irrelevant at this point in the tournament because all the big points are yet to come.  2A and 1A points right now have some more relevance because they have typically advanced less kids and the later-round points have less effect proportionally.  But they will still change very significantly.  

5. Remember the top team from each semi-state in each class, plus the next best 2 scores from throughout the state, qualify automatically on points alone.  

6. THESE POINTS SHOULD ALL BE CONSIDERED UNOFFICIAL.  ABOUT HALF OF THE SCORES HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED AS OFFICIAL.

7. As we said before, this point system would have chosen all the correct top teams for this year's event, had there been one.

3A Standings:

Lake C. 171.11

Bloomington S. 166.9

Cathedral 166

Floyd C. 163.57

Noblesville 162

Valpo 159.14

Perry Meridian 159

Portage 158.2

Avon 158.03

Munster 154.95

Franklin 153.71

Connersville 152

Elkhart Memorial 150

Lawrence C. 149

East Noble 148

Harrison WL 147.5

Huntington N. 147

HSE 147

Merrillville 146.1

Crown Point 145.8

Lowell 143.3

Jeffersonville 143.04

Center Grove 140.24

Ben Davis 139

Greenfield 138

E. Central 137

Chesterton 136.21

New Albany 136.11

Carroll 136

Ev. Mater Dei 135.46

Penn 134.91

Fishers 134

FW Snider 134

LaPorte 133.4

Hobart 133.3

TH South 133.24

Warren C. 133

Kokomo 129

Brownsburg 128.32

Jennings Co. 125.36

SB Clay 124.78

Mishawaka 124.1

Roncalli 122

2A Standings:

Ev. Memorial 224.14

Heritage Hills 214.03

Danville 198.16

Leo 192

Jimtown 189

Muncie S. 174

Yorktown 172

Delphi 165

N. Montgomery 162

Benton C. 161

FW Concordia 160

Garrett 158

Dwenger 156

New Prairie 156

CMA 154

Luers 153

Lebanon 150

Edgewood 149.8

Boonville 149.12

Peru 145

Wawasee 145

Glenn 143

Princeton 142.12

Indian Creek 141.61

Woodlan 140

Greencastle 139.92

Tippy Valley 135

Delta 133

Jasper 130.9

Sullivan 129.07

Southmont 128

Angola 126

Hanover C. 125

W. Boone 123

Madison 121.98

Twin Lakes 121

S. Vermillion 116

1A Standings:

Adams C. 204

Churubusco 199

South Adams 182

South Putnam 178.12

Fremont 171

Winchester 171

Bremen 171

Pr. Heights 160

C. Noble 160

Tecumseh 159.95

Clinton C. 154

Wapahani 153

Cass 153

N. Miami 148

Oak Hill 143

Frankton 140

Milan 139

S. Spencer 137.14

Winamac 136

N. Posey 135.66

Southwood 135

Wes-Del 134

N. White 134

Westview 133

Triton C. 133

Tri-Central 132

Union Co. 131

Culver 129

Shenandoah 125

Wood Memorial 124.79

LaVille 124

Tell City 118.75

Cloverdale 117.83

Scecina 117

Southridge 116.8

Elwood 115

Triton 115

Monrovia 111.95

Seeger 110

West C. 107

Paoli 105.93

Providence 104.31

After taking a look at how things shook out..... I'm thinking that strength of sectional should be a factor.

It is a factor.  A big one.  For instance, in the Southridge Sectional, I would need my team to score roughly double the amount of points as a team from the Evansville Central Sectional just to be even with them because of the multipliers involved.

Southridge sectional took a beating on the multiplier.

Jasper has 12 wrestlers qualify(11 underclassmen) another underclassman is injured and would also have qualified.

Jasper won conference by a big margin over Princeton and Boonville.Washington set a record with dual wins this year and not even mentioned.

Jasper lost by 1 point to Heritage Hills last night. HH is second on the list.

Jasper  is way down the list 84 points behind HH.

Thanks for all the hard work It looks fairly good.  My big question though, where are the Braves of Bellmont ranked?

Bellmont has almost no chance of qualifying directly......

They will have two guys on the team next year that have ever advanced past sectionals........

These rankings are not set up to reward a team of 10 seniors (but when you think about it, it probably makes sense)

Jasper has 12 wrestlers qualify(11 underclassmen) another underclassman is injured and would also have qualified.

Jasper won conference by a big margin over Princeton and Boonville.Washington set a record with dual wins this year and not even mentioned.

Jasper lost by 1 point to Heritage Hills last night. HH is second on the list.

Jasper  is way down the list 84 points behind HH.

Let things shake out.  You have way more people still wrestling than most teams, so you'll get huge points this week and next that others won't.  For a team with many advancers in 1A or 2A from a weak sectional, the scores will look strange at first, but even out. 

With Bellmont too, they're going to get enormous points in the next few weeks that others don't have a chance at.  They'll be in the mix for sure if they get their normal number of semi-state and state qualifiers.

With Bellmont too, they're going to get enormous points in the next few weeks that others don't have a chance at.  They'll be in the mix for sure if they get their normal number of semi-state and state qualifiers.

Bellmont may only get 1 underclassmen to semistate.  They are very senior heavy, so the replacement multiplier will really impact them.

This is an interesting idea. In Ohio I noticed they invite teams to team state based upon their underclassmen's performance the previous year. This way of analyzing the success of underclassmen seems focused the same way, right?

This is an interesting idea. In Ohio I noticed they invite teams to team state based upon their underclassmen's performance the previous year. This way of analyzing the success of underclassmen seems focused the same way, right?

Correct....

Did we ever get a form for underclassmen injury provision?  The original document says it was due on 1-31-12.

Yes, sorry, when we wrote  that, the plan was to distribute something at sectionals.  Now, we'll distribute something at regionals in addition to posting instructions here online.  And the due date will be in a couple weeks.  Again, sorry for the confusion.

I think that only matters early on.  If a wrestler gets out of regional, strength of sectional doesn't affect that wrestler's score any more.  Do I have that right, maligned?

I think that only matters early on.  If a wrestler gets out of regional, strength of sectional doesn't affect that wrestler's score any more.  Do I have that right, maligned?

The multiplier is a part of the scoring system up to and thru the first round of semi-state.

The multiplier is a part of the scoring system up to and thru the first round of semi-state.

That's what I get for reading too fast.   So, for example, If a class a non-senior wrestler goes out in the first round of the semistate, he gets 28 points times their sectional's multiplier.  If he goes out in the 2nd round, he gets all 36 points?

That's what I get for reading too fast.  So, for example, If a class a wrestler goes out in the first round of the semistate, he gets 28 points times their sectional's multiplier.  If he goes out in the 2nd round, he gets all 36 points?

Correct. The multiplier will be included in all points earned from sectionals thru the 1st round of semi-state. Points earned from the 2nd round of semi-state and beyond will exclude the multiplier.

I am confused by how this works. For instance, I see several teams we have beat by large sores ranked way higher than us. So this is all based on Individual stats - really has nothing to do with a true dual format?

It's a projection of duals strength next year.  It's using each individual's success or lack of success to show who will be the best duals teams next year.  And as the notes say--it's very, very irrelevant after the sectional round only.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.