Bellmont v Yorktown

AJ

This dual has been a very exciting and drama filled event the past 4 or 5 years.  These two teams never fail to put on a great show at the Team Regional.

Bellmont has the advantage at the upper weights while Yorktown has the advantage over the lower weights.  This dual may come down to some coaching moves and decisions.  Should be another great battle between these two teams.

Predictions or thoughts?

I will take Bellmont by a fair margin 10-20 pts.  Belmont always seems to close the gap or widen it depending on how the dual meet went early in the season.  I guess I just like Belmont lightweights to keep up a lot more then I like Yorktowns heavier guys.  That being said it will be an awsome dual and anything can happen so good luck to both squads and may the best team win. 

without bumping wrestlers here is my guess at the favored wrester:

106 Y by bonus pts

113 Y by bonus pts

120 swing match

126 Y by bonus pts

132 Y by bonus pts

138 Y by bonus pts

145 B by dec

152 B by possible bonus

160 B by  bonus pts

170 B by dec

182 B by possible bonus

195 B by bonus pts

220 B by bonus pts

HW Swing match

It will be fun watching the coaches tonight and seeing their strategies unfold.

I BELIEVE THE MATCH HINGES ON YORTOWNS ABILITY TO WIN AT 145. YORKTOWN NEEDS TO SWEEP THE FIRST 6 WEIGHTS WITH A LOT OF BONUS POINTS AND THEN DEFEAT BROOKS FAUROTE. BELLMONT NEEDS TO SWEEP THE FINAL 7 WITH  A BUNCH OF BONUS POINTS. IF YORKTOWN CAN STEAL A MATCH IN THE FINAL 7 AND GET FAUROTE, THEY CAN WIN. IF BELLMONT RUNS THE TABLE FROM 145 ON UP THEY WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

I BELIEVE THE MATCH HINGES ON YORTOWNS ABILITY TO WIN AT 145. YORKTOWN NEEDS TO SWEEP THE FIRST 6 WEIGHTS WITH A LOT OF BONUS POINTS AND THEN DEFEAT BROOKS FAUROTE. BELLMONT NEEDS TO SWEEP THE FINAL 7 WITH  A BUNCH OF BONUS POINTS. IF YORKTOWN CAN STEAL A MATCH IN THE FINAL 7 AND GET FAUROTE, THEY CAN WIN. IF BELLMONT RUNS THE TABLE FROM 145 ON UP THEY WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

I think Bellmont is in good shape if it plays out that way.

haha ouch

I suppose we know where to take the refs for supper afterwards too??

No need to take offense, it works very well. Look at all the top teams and wrestlers nationally. Have you ever seen St Paris Graham? There are matches where they win when they shouldn't because they know there is a time to go after it and take chances and there is a time to stall and do whatever it takes to avoid getting scored on. I watched them at Ohio's team state this year and they were definitely outmatched in some matches, but knew when to ball up and stall, or run away and keep from getting taken down to keep the match close. A stalling call here or there is much smarter than getting taken down or turned. It's the sad fact of the sport, any good coach, and Faurote is one of the best in the state, knows this.

Bellmont Coaching staff will have their team prepared and ready to takedown the Tigers.

Every year I see both Bellmont and Yorktown a few times each in dual meets and tournament style.

Bellmont's whole coaching staff is yelling moves, getting guys focused and pumped, and are more knowledgable.

Yorktown's coaches don't do much but yell good, nice during matches.  They like to say keep your chest out boys we can intimadate the other team.  Dulaney is very knowledgable of the sport don't get me wrong.

But when it comes to this time of the year.  I would take Bellmont's Coaches every time.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

Gonna be a little PreSuperBowl.  Gonna be crazy and loud at AC tonight.

Say what now?

You heard me.  Bellmont is always ready to go for the team state, its what they focus on all year.  Their studs are always on top of their game and like Boot said, they know how to stall when they need to and hardly ever give up bonus points at weights in which they're outmatched.  Even when Yorktown took 2nd at state a couple of years ago and were far and away better than Bellmont, Bellmont still almost won the dual.  Bellmont has the upper hand this year and wins by no less than 10.  Neither Carroll or Snider will be able to come within 15 or maybe even 20.

Well, I guess I was too bold, sounds like it was a good dual.  Looks like Bellmont couldn't avoid giving up bonus points at the lower weights, but as usual, their upperweights got them the win.

Just poking a little fun because of the bold statement. Looks like it was quite the exciting dual. Did Rhett not wrestle?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.