Connersville Team Regional

GUNNY77

@ Mr. Young....

Do you personally know the parameters behind the showing of only 6 wrestlers? I say find the facts first, then make an educated/neutral opinionated remark. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg my friend.

Eli Alafogianis

Absolutely no excuse seeing as how its like the 3rd year NC has done the exact same thing. I respect the hell out of Coach P but this is just plain sad.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

08-2009 Lost to Roncali 36-29 in an exciting match (round 1)

09-2010- New castle beat South Dearborn in Round 1  59-12

Lost 2nd round to Roncali 25-37..everyone from round 1 wrestled round 2

10-2011-NC lost 40-28 last year to Columbus East.....they lost to them earlier in the year at their home dual..

This year.......different story but where do you see the trend NOguts?

@ Mr. Young....

Do you personally know the parameters behind the showing of only 6 wrestlers? I say find the facts first, then make an educated/neutral opinionated remark. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg my friend.

Eli Alafogianis

How did another individual predict that Mullins would not be wrestling tonight? I feel that I do understand the parameters. Getting to weight on a Wednesday may not be in the best interest of his wrestlers for the individual series. When combined with potential injury, the risk doesn't outweigh the potential reward. It is no secret that teams all across the state have felt the same way, which is a huge reason the IHSAA cited when discontinuing their team state series. This is another incident that the IHSAA will be able to refer to in stating why it was time to end the team state, and I assure you the other teams in that sectional that would have loved the opportunity to represent their school in a team regional probably have a difficult time seeing past that 'tip of the iceberg' you mention.. 

Anyhow, in case I am misinformed. I googled and was unable to find the facts, and I would like to make an educated/neutral opinionated remark. Perhaps you could elaborate?

What happened to the updates?  I am interested in what the results were down the stretch in the JC/Co dual and not this oneupsmanship, please.  Thanks.

You should have went to the meet and gave your $6! Can't beat the live wrestling :)

08-2009 Lost to Roncali 36-29 in an exciting match (round 1)

09-2010- New castle beat South Dearborn in Round 1  59-12

Lost 2nd round to Roncali 25-37..everyone from round 1 wrestled round 2

10-2011-NC lost 40-28 last year to Columbus East.....they lost to them earlier in the year at their home dual..

This year.......different story but where do you see the trend NOguts?

07-08 if i recall right and last year they didn't wrestle near their best line-up. Pretty sure Mr. Mullins didn't wrestle last year either.

You should have went to the meet and gave your $6! Can't beat the live wrestling :)

I love the excitement of a team regional.  It would be nice to be at the meet.  Unfortunately, I also coach our middle school program and practice until 5:30.  I sit in my classroom and grade papers, enter stats, and do any number of other things many evenings at this time.  I appreciate your tongue in cheek remark and know you did not mean anything by it.  However, as someone hoping to be able to leave school at a decent time still tonight in order to see my family, I am doing my job.  I would just like to know how things turned out.  Thank you.

Gettinger was up 7-3 howinger throws him to his back for 5. Start of 3rd howinger up 8-7. Puts gettinger to his back again from neutral. Howinger wins 13-9

Gotta watch the throws with Holwager he threw Gomez to his back and pinned him at sectionals really nasty headlock

Gettinger was up 7-3 howinger throws him to his back for 5. Start of 3rd howinger up 8-7. Puts gettinger to his back again from neutral. Howinger wins 13-9

Gotta watch the throws with Holwager he threw Gomez to his back and pinned him at sectionals really nasty headlock

Holwager is a GREAT greco wrestler.

CADET - 119 Results

1st Place - Marshall Holwager of Commiskey

2nd Place - Alex Sparks of Indianapolis

3rd Place - Matthew Mastison of Evansville

4th Place - Nick Bova of Indianapolis

5th Place - Nathan Carmichael of Greenwood

6th Place - Kevin Chapple of Mishawaka

7th Place - Jacob Napier of Indianapolis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.