BLOOMINGTON SOUTH REGIONALS PREVIEW!!!!!

navy80

There will be between 13 and 20 guys make it to state from this regional.  I see B. South having up to 7 guys in the finals.  The matches to look forward to are

Gast and Kelly again, Farmer vs Adams, winner vs. Richey,  I see Seitzinger closing the gap on Lough, Wathen vs. Thacker, and See vs Bass again.

(Semi state rankings are used in my predictions)

Schermer 28-9 (7th)

Nicosin 32-7  (8th)

Luhn 24-14

Low 27-9

Oneal 34-3

Summit 29-5

Clawson 25-14

Dempler 31-14

Runyon 27-10 (8th)

Engleking 34-4

Spray 36-2

Bryant 19-5

Broukal 31-6   (5th)

Holwager 32-4

Gomez 33-9    (7th)

Gilbert 33-10

Montgomery 14-0

Abram 26-12

Bullock 28-6

Wayant 29-11

Gast 33-3 (6th)

Kelly 39-4

Barlow 14-13

May 15-14

Shuler 37-6 (7th)

Girton 22-8

Castillo 23-13

Dayy 15-21

Richey 33-0 (2nd)

Farmer 36-1 (3rd)

Adams 31-5 (5th)

Stillinger 24-8

Lough 37-2 (2nd)

Sietzinger 32-6 (6th)

Wilson 31-6

Girton 23-9

Fiddler 32-5 (5th)

Bland 19-6

Kirts 27-7

Schmidt 34-8

Wathen 32-1 (2nd)

Thacker 33-4 (3rd)

Fish 34-9

Cook 20-4

Bird 26-2

Wilson 31-4 (6th)

Miller 29-9

Haley 17-9

Bass 36-0 (2nd)

See 36-3 (5th)

Dobos 21-12

Larson 14-7

Sampson 33-6

Mckee 32-8 (8th)

Davis 29-9

Banks 29-14

I have the Northview sectional advancing 29 and JC getting 27 out.

Shuler 37-6 (7th)

Girton 22-8

Castillo 23-13

Dayy 15-21

Is there a reason you don't have Jedidiah Cox (31-1) from Sullivan making it out of this Regional?  I've seen him wrestle this year and he's very good.  I'd assume he's a legit threat to win this Regional.  Just an observation as I don't have a dog in this fight but just remember seeing him wrestle this year and expected him to do well in the post season. 

HWT seems to be the the most wide open in terms of who gets through and final outcome.  HWT being unpredictable is par for the course but the JC sectional results creates even more uncertainty than was originally planned.

145 could also look like

Shuler

Partree

Cox

Castillo

I was hoping someone would mention Partee...he has been coming on as of late...also look out for Chayce Young in the first round @ 120.  He has looked very good for a Freshman. 

I was hoping someone would mention Partee...he has been coming on as of late...also look out for Chayce Young in the first round @ 120.  He has looked very good for a Freshman. 

Do you know Partrees match score with Shuler?

1. Schermer BS

2. Nicoson NV

3. Luhn JC

4. Low THN

1. Dempler MA

2. Clawson EW

3. O'neal SW

4. Ely BC

1. Engelking JC

2. Runyon BS

3. Spray SW

4. Young MA

1. Broukal BS

2. Holwager JC

3. Orndoff SU

4. Gomez CN

1. Montgomery JC

2. Bullock BC

3. Abram BS

4. Wayant CE

1. Gast JC

2. Kelly SC

3. Barlow BS

4. Thompson SU

1. Shuler CE

2. Cox SU

3. Partee MA

4. Castillo BS

1. Farmer BS

2. Richey BC

3. Adams MA

4. Stillinger CE

1. Lough THS

2. Seitzinger BS

3. Wilson JC

4. Girton NV

1. Fiddler BS

2. Schmidt JC

3. Bland CN

4. Kirts BC

1. Wathen JC

2. Thacker BS

3. Cook THS

4. Fish MA

1. Wilson JC

2. Bird SU

3. Ferguson CE

4. Cole SC

1. Bass JC

2. See NV

3. Dobos BS

4. Larson BC

1. Banks MA

2. Davis BNL

3. McKee CE

4. Wolka SEY

JC SECTIONAL- 34       Northview (sorry jDub) SECTIONAL- 22

JC SECTIONAL- 34       BS SECTIONAL- 22

Correction; it's not BS Sectional. It's Northview Sectional.

In addition, you have 11 of Bloomington's going through...they have 13 in it, and I think all will go through.

Correction; it's not BS Sectional. It's Northview Sectional.

In addition, you have 11 of Bloomington's going through...they have 13 in it, and I think all will go through.

There is a very good possibility of that. I actually had the 220 advancing at first but changed it. No clue why. At 285 I was basing it off of the NV kid that has been beat by Wolka (although only by 1) beat the BlSo kid. McKee has beaten Wolka multiple times this year and was upset by Banks at sectional.

Just some results from earlier in the season.

Runyon beat Engleking 4-2 (120)

Broukal (126) pinned spray (120)

Pierre (mater dei) beat Holwager 11-4 and Broukal 6-5

Broukal beat Shremp 2-0 while Holwager pinned him

@ 145 Castillo beat Partree 10-6 and beat Girton 12-4 ish

160 Girton pinned Wilson

195 Wilson beat Miller 6-3

220 Bass over See 3-2 AND 3-1

285 Wolka beat Sampson 4-3

152 Farmer beat Adams 9-5

113 Schermer over Nicosin 3 times with one by pin i think

160 Seitzinger beat Wilson 8-2

195 Thacker pinned Fish

Miller pinned Haley

285 dajani over Banks 15-4

Also early season matches are great but it is how a wrestler finishes a season that matters.  Case in point Dempler at 113lbs has a 8-6 win over Oneal of Southwestern but didn't matter much at Sectionals since they didn't face each other and Oneal dominated everyone else. Sandlin at 170lbs was beating Bland of Columbus North 9-2 then pinned him earlier this season yet Bland turns it on and wins sectionals.  Its all about who is peaking at the right time and who comes to the mat ready to wrestle.  I hate making predictions I just enjoy watching these young men battle.  Love this time of year.

Also early season matches are great but it is how a wrestler finishes a season that matters.  Case in point Dempler at 113lbs has a 8-6 win over Oneal of Southwestern but didn't matter much at Sectionals since they didn't face each other and Oneal dominated everyone else. Sandlin at 170lbs was beating Bland of Columbus North 9-2 then pinned him earlier this season yet Bland turns it on and wins sectionals.  Its all about who is peaking at the right time and who comes to the mat ready to wrestle.  I hate making predictions I just enjoy watching these young men battle.  Love this time of year.

Yeah I got my results from the brackets on here.  Either way 152 is going to be a tough weight class with possibly 3 state qualifiers/placer worthy wrestlers.

I seen that Dempler beat Oneal, they could meet up second round. 

I appreciate a coaches view on this.  I hate these posts where people pick or line up how they think the outcome will be.  Wrestlers read these predictions...some it gets in their heads...some get cocky and over confident with the posts...the ones who are right ignore it.  My feelings are just exactly like you said, lets lace up the shoes go to the mats and SEE who is best.  Its all about peaking at the right time.  Nice comments here coach.

Some more PREDICTIONS:    JC SECT- 31 /  NV SECT- 25

106- Schermer-BS          126-Broukal-BS                  138- Gast-JC          182-Wathen-JC        170-Fiddler- BS

Nicosin-NV                      Holwager-JC                        Kelley-SCT              Thacker-BS                Schmidt- JC

Luhn-JC                            Gomez- CN                          Thompson-SU        Fish-MAD                    Bland- CN

Low-THN                          Gilbert-CE                            Barlow-BS              Cook-THS                      Chambers- ED

113- ONeal-SW                  132- Montgomery-JC      145- Shuler-CE      195- Wilson-JC          HWT- McKee- CE

Summitt-BN                      Bullock- BC                          Cox-SU                      Bird-WV                          Davis- BNL

Clawson-ED                        Abram- BS                          Castillo-BS                Cole-SCT                          Banks- MAD

Dempler-MAD                  Wayant- CE                        Partee-MAD              Haley-BS                        WOLKA- SEY

120- Runyon-BS                152- Richey-BC                160-Lough- THS      220- Bass- JC

Engelking-JC                      Farmer-BS                        Seitzinger- BS            See- NV

Spray- SW                            Adams- MAD                    Wilson- JC                  Dobos-BS

Bryant-ED                          Stillinger-CE                      Girton- NV                  Larson- BC

GOODLUCK to all the young MEN!!!!!!!

I appreciate a coaches view on this.  I hate these posts where people pick or line up how they think the outcome will be.  Wrestlers read these predictions...some it gets in their heads...some get cocky and over confident with the posts...the ones who are right ignore it.  My feelings are just exactly like you said, lets lace up the shoes go to the mats and SEE who is best.  Its all about peaking at the right time.  Nice comments here coach.

Pretty sure that is part of a DISCUSSION FORUM.

Schemer

Nicosin

Luhn

Gehl

O?Neal

Claswon

Ely

Gilham

Runyon

Engleking

Spray

Bryant

Broukal

Holwager

Gomez

Gilbert

Montgomery

Abram

Adams

Bullock

Gast

Barlow

Thompson

Kelly

Shuler

Cox

Castillo

Partee

Richey

Farmer

Adams

Witvoet

Lough

Seitzinger

Wilson

Fisher

Fiddler

Bland

Kirts

McMasters

Wathen

Thacker

Cook

Fish

Wilson

Bird

Ferguson

Miller

Bass

See

Dobos

Larson

Sampson

Dajani

Banks

Mckee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.