Castle Regional

niceshot

Strictly based on what i have seen. I have seen everyone at least once, but could have been a really good or bad night for anyone of them. I'm pretty confident it will be an outstanding day of wrestling and good luck to all the wrestlers including the training partners. Keep it up.

Central Sectional = 43

Castle Sectional = 13

106 - Brown, Kuhn, Seng, Arney

119 - Davis, Johnson, Stock, Mastison

120 - Welch, Johns, Goebel, Johnson

126 - Wedding, VanHook, Pierre, Coomer

132 - Moody, Schroeder, Allen, Bouchie

138 - Lannert, Kelley, Hoehn, Frymire

145 - Appell, Bassemier, Hayhurst, Singleton

152 - Rueger, Henshaw, Folz, Dallas

160 - Oser, Parkinson, Dickens, Lindenschmidt

170 - King, Warren, Campbell, Funke

182 - Brandenstein, Konerding, Meyer, Martin

195 - Maurer, Halbig, Lane, Brown

220 - Boehm, Schnarr, Collins, Barclay

285 - Wright, Hohl, Little, Breen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic question to Castle posters. What happened to "The Stick"? I haven't seen him since the Welch twins won last year. Not poking fun at you guys but you should really be glad he's not trying to represent the entire Castle fan base this year although I'm a bit suprised because I think 120 may have a Welch way up on the podium at state this year??

The stick was jammed into a burlap bag and beaten with a sock full of nickels, then driven back to the west side.

BlueBolt.... Thanks for posting and saying what you do. I believe you do bring a different view than what the westsiders post here all the time and i believe that you do keep it quite fair. Also, thanks to your postings, i can see how Castle is shaping up for the season while i am at school. I appreciate it.

Personally i think it is nice that Castle's 9 sectional winning streak is coming to an end. I remember my senior year where we were the team that won 4 years in a row. That was special. But at the same time, its nice to see that other programs in the southern part of the state are building up and producing great wrestlers but also great teams. I think the whole "the SIAC will dominate all" (which it is the best conference in the state IMO  ;D ) is going to be challenged by teams in the Big 8 and others. Its all good for wrestling.

That being said, i hope all Castle wrestlers win by pin in the first period on saturday.

While losing the sectional is never a happy thing, I agree that the quality of other programs stepping up and a more balanced field is critical for our sport. 

Take a look at Heritage Hill's program as an example.  20 years ago it didn't exist!  They have improved each year they have fielded a team and honestly impressed me a great deal watching their kids wrestle with a great level of intensity and pretty darned good technique.  The same can be said for Boonville and a few others.

Of course I am a Castle fan, always will be!  Those kids are walking the same path I did many years ago.  They are the kids of my friends!  But it is pretty obvious this years team is green and learning.  I know that they give it their all and that's what the sport is all about! 

But to sit here and ignore the fact that Hertiage Hills, Boonville, Princeton, Gibson Southern, and Tell City are bringing some REALLY note worthy competition is just plain stupid. 

I have to wonder what kind of message this sort of thing sends to an Evansville sectional kid who gets beat in the first round by one of these schools that apparently don't meet others standards?  "Gee Timmy, nice season but now you are worse than that kid from Podunk Tech!". 

106- Kuhn Reitz

113-Davis Reitz

120- Welch Castle

126- Vanhook Reitz

132- Moody Reitz

138- Lannert Mater Dei

145- Bassemeir Mater Dei

152- Rueger Reitz

160- Oser Heritage Hills

170- King Reitz

182- Bradenstein- Mater Dei

195- Maurer Mater Dei

220- Schnarr Reitz

285- Wright Mater Dei

While losing the sectional is never a happy thing, I agree that the quality of other programs stepping up and a more balanced field is critical for our sport. 

Take a look at Heritage Hill's program as an example.  20 years ago it didn't exist!  They have improved each year they have fielded a team and honestly impressed me a great deal watching their kids wrestle with a great level of intensity and pretty darned good technique.   The same can be said for Boonville and a few others.

Of course I am a Castle fan, always will be!  Those kids are walking the same path I did many years ago.  They are the kids of my friends!  But it is pretty obvious this years team is green and learning.  I know that they give it their all and that's what the sport is all about! 

But to sit here and ignore the fact that Hertiage Hills, Boonville, Princeton, Gibson Southern, and Tell City are bringing some REALLY note worthy competition is just plain stupid. 

I have to wonder what kind of message this sort of thing sends to an Evansville sectional kid who gets beat in the first round by one of these schools that apparently don't meet others standards?   "Gee Timmy, nice season but now you are worse than that kid from Podunk Tech!". 

Good luck to the all the wrestlers from Podunk Tech from the STUPID IDIOT from the West Side!

"The Stick" told me that he'd be all over this message board except for the fact that Y2 permanently banned him for a difference of opinion.  If you diasgree with Y2 or saying anything about him (even though he says things about other people i.e. Center Grove coaches at a Holiday Tournamnet), your message gets deleted or you get banned.  (You're welcome "The Stick")

Blue Bolt, don't even bring me into this.  I have had 6 different opinions on this tournament?  What are you talking about?  You get way too worked up over nothing.  You are a very defensive person.  Take a Xanax and chill!!!  I'm sure you'll be in the stands tomorrow with your pad and pencil taking notes so you can make a detailed post when you get home.  I like your fight for the "little guy" but be realistic.  Central Sectional will have a lot more advance than the Castle Sectional overall.  Talent level is much higher this year.  Look at what happened at Team Regionals. 

Heritage Hills will come out swinging today. Princeton has some solid kids too. Boonville will get a sleeper or two through. There are only a handful of weight classes that are stacked to the rim with Central Sectional wrestlers that will dominate but the rest of the classes will depend on who shows up. Don't ever underestimate the Castle Sectional. I still see 35-40 Central kids getting through.

To BlueBolt:

31 evansville central sectional

5 castle sectional

After 160

What was that prediction?

What I would say is Congrats to those who made it theought from 106 - 160 at that point.  Represent our regional well! 

What I would say is Congrats to those who made it theought from 106 - 160 at that point.   Represent our regional well!   

I agree Bluebolt. Though these posts get a little heated at times, we have to remember that these are only predictions. There is nothing written in stone that "Jimmy" is moving on as a guarantee. Each and every time that these young men step on that mat, IT'S TIME TO GET IT ON and they know it. We as both parents and coaches REALLY do not have to give them motive to go as they are self driven. Each and everyone of these young men(and I don't care where they come from) bust there butts every day to achieve the ultimate goal, WIN. I say congrats to those that have punched their ticket to the next round and go represent this region well.

I agree Bluebolt. Though these posts get a little heated at times, we have to remember that these are only predictions. There is nothing written in stone that "Jimmy" is moving on as a guarantee. Each and every time that these young men step on that mat, IT'S TIME TO GET IT ON and they know it. We as both parents and coaches REALLY do not have to give them motive to go as they are self driven. Each and everyone of these young men(and I don't care where they come from) bust there butts every day to achieve the ultimate goal, WIN. I say congrats to those that have punched their ticket to the next round and go represent this region well.

Looks like a solid group heading to the Ford Center to represent.  I hope they come ready to wrestle next week. The other regionals are looking strong too! 

Looks like a solid group heading to the Ford Center to represent.   I hope they come ready to wrestle next week. The other regionals are looking strong too! 

Yes it is and once again only my prediction from what I have seen, I see Southern Indiana representing very well. I can see many of our young men punching the ticket to state.  I will post numbers here in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it is interesting that the Castle Sectional has 4 wrestlers that earned All State Honors and I believe the Evansville Sectional has 7.

Let's do the math:

Of the 13 SS qualifiers from the Castle Sectional, 30% are now All State

Of the 43 SS Qualifiers From the Evansville Sectional, 16% are now All State.

I just thought it was interesting after I read all this a couple of weeks ago.

I thought it is interesting that the Castle Sectional has 4 wrestlers that earned All State Honors and I believe the Evansville Sectional has 7.

Let's do the math:

Of the 13 SS qualifiers from the Castle Sectional, 30% are now All State

Of the 43 SS Qualifiers From the Evansville Sectional, 16% are now All State.

I just thought it was interesting after I read all this a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have any particular interpretation of these stats?  Or are they simply interesting?  Just curious.

Heritage Hills will come out swinging today. Princeton has some solid kids too. Boonville will get a sleeper or two through. There are only a handful of weight classes that are stacked to the rim with Central Sectional wrestlers that will dominate but the rest of the classes will depend on who shows up. Don't ever underestimate the Castle Sectional. I still see 35-40 Central kids getting through.

North 195 Lane lost in ticket round in overtime to Avon kid by 2. Avon lost 3-5 to Maurer Championship Match. I see Lane placing Top 6 next year at State!  Lane will Dominate 195 if he stays there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.