Castle Regional

niceshot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen and Oakley will be a great match but don't count Allen out. I have seen both wrestle and I believe Allen will win a close one in overtime.  Hoehn will most likely win over Schnell but it will be a close one.

Allen and Oakley will be a great match but don't count Allen out. I have seen both wrestle and I believe Allen will win a close one in overtime.  Hoehn will most likely win over Schnell but it will be a close one.

If Oakley doesn't win early and Allen has good stamina, then Allen wins.

I know Stock won the PAC over Baehl.  What was the score?  Any big moments in the match?

The Hoehn / Schnell match will not be close in my opinion.   Unless Schnell would happen to catch and pin Hoehn...............Hoehn will win by a major.

You better watch what you say.  With comments like that you're likely to get insulted by BlueBolt.

Blue Bolt had made a lot of claims regarding the Castle and Central sectionals, strength of rising programs and the relative weakness of traditional powerhouses.  Let's measure the claims against the outcomes and give him an accuracy rating. 

You know, like Rush Limbaugh is 99.4% accurate? 

Blue Bolt may earn the mantle of "The Oracle of the South"...  Long live Blue Bolt!

We need Bill O'Reiky for this with some fair and balanced reporting.  We will put this in the "no spin zone."

Good Call!  Blue Bolt, consider yourself in the "no spin zone."   

Geraldo, Miller, Coulter, Blue Bolt....the great ones make it look so easy.

You better watch what you say.  With comments like that you're likely to get insulted by BlueBolt.

The actual difference is I know Jon is drunk off west side Kool aid,  Wrestling guy is just a parrot that has not posted about 6 different out comes for this one event.    And btw, Jon also knows anything can happen in the 6 minutes these kids are blessed with. 

I haven't got BlueBolt going much this year but I still have 3 weeks left!

Well that would be because watching people "wish 43 of  56 possible " is one thing.  Watching someone change their mind every other post just proves they know nothing about the subject being spoken about. 

Good Call!  Blue Bolt, consider yourself in the "no spin zone."   

Geraldo, Miller, Coulter, Blue Bolt....the great ones make it look so easy.

That's the best part of not wearing the west side goggles.  I can truly appreciate the efforts of the kids so many of you seem to be turning your noses up at.   

Blue Bolt had made a lot of claims regarding the Castle and Central sectionals, strength of rising programs and the relative weakness of traditional powerhouses.  Let's measure the claims against the outcomes and give him an accuracy rating. 

You know, like Rush Limbaugh is 99.4% accurate? 

Blue Bolt may earn the mantle of "The Oracle of the South"...  Long live Blue Bolt!

Truth being told...The thing about all this that actually does tear me up is the fact so many adults seem to think its perfectly ok to belittle and berate the kids and their programs.    Do I have my alligences?  Of course...but I have had the stones to point out there are some really great kids coming from some programs that have shown signs of remarkable growth.  Sorry if that is "wrong" but I have been around this area most of my life and remember the days when wrestling was  king because it was all about each 6 minutes.  I will gladly acknowledge the accomplishments of these programs and their coaches, kids, and parents.   

The truest sign of knowledge of our sport is the ability to comprehend the FACT that their are no "locks" or "sure things".  Every year we see kids who are beaten by the scales, grades, disciplinary problems, family problems, (God forbid) injuries...you get the picture.  To sit here and discount a kid because they aren't from your area or someone you know is the height of stupidity. 

You want honesty?  The arrogance of some of these posts belittles kids who are doing the best they can with why they have and programs that are doing all try can just to get their kids in the position to show up Saturday morning. 

Pitiful if you ask me. 

Blue Bolt...Nobody here has slamed a kid. We all know every kid that wrestles is a winner compared to the lazy kid on a game. There are no locks but there are long shots. Central sectional has a few long shots but for the most part it carries more weight in the post season due to its brutal schedule. I say let the kids settle it on the mat. Watching a good injury free day of wrestling beats anything I could see this weekend. I still see 4 at 113 because Stock will show up and wrestle to continue his senior year.

I find it funny that you all get so worked up on somebody else's opinion or prediction of a match that they have no control in determining the outcome. You all have your opinions and I have mine, sometimes we all will agree and most of the time we wont. Don't get bent out of shape just because so and so didn't pick the guy you think will win the match. I don't believe anyone on here has bad mouthed any of these wrestlers. They just simply stated there opinion on who they think will win! No harm in that! If I were these wrestlers reading some of this stuff that some Coaches and Fans are putting on here I would use it as motivation!

But I believe we all can agree that the Central Sectional is hands down the better Sectional. There are some locks in my mind coming out of the Castle Sectional, but far less than the Central Sectional. Just like every year there will be upsets Saturday. That's why you wrestle the matches, every kid who steps foot on that mat has a fighting chance and could be one move away from an upset! Best of luck to ALL wrestlers this weekend! Leave it all on the mat with NO regrets!

My opinion: A great day of wrestling!

106: Castle, Reitz, Mater Dei, Memorial

113:  Reitz, North Posey, Mater Dei, Harrison

120:  Castle, Reitz, Mater Dei, Memorial

126:  Reitz, Memorial, Mater Dei, Boonville

132:  Reitz, Mater Dei, Central, Memorial

138:  Mater Dei, Central, Mt. Vernon, North Posey

145:  Mater Dei, Gibson Southern, Memorial, Reitz

152:  Reitz, Memorial, Mater Dei, Mt. Vernon

160:  Heritage Hills, North, Mater Dei, Harrison

170:  Reitz, Castle, North, Memorial

182:  Mater Dei, Heritage Hills, Memorial, Gibson Southern

195:  Mater Dei, Princeton, South Spencer, North

220:  Heritage Hills, South Spencer, Reitz, Mater Dei

285:  Mater Dei, Princeton, Central, North Posey

BlueBolt.... Thanks for posting and saying what you do. I believe you do bring a different view than what the westsiders post here all the time and i believe that you do keep it quite fair. Also, thanks to your postings, i can see how Castle is shaping up for the season while i am at school. I appreciate it.

Personally i think it is nice that Castle's 9 sectional winning streak is coming to an end. I remember my senior year where we were the team that won 4 years in a row. That was special. But at the same time, its nice to see that other programs in the southern part of the state are building up and producing great wrestlers but also great teams. I think the whole "the SIAC will dominate all" (which it is the best conference in the state IMO  ;D ) is going to be challenged by teams in the Big 8 and others. Its all good for wrestling.

That being said, i hope all Castle wrestlers win by pin in the first period on saturday.

Off topic question to Castle posters. What happened to "The Stick"? I haven't seen him since the Welch twins won last year. Not poking fun at you guys but you should really be glad he's not trying to represent the entire Castle fan base this year although I'm a bit suprised because I think 120 may have a Welch way up on the podium at state this year??

I'm not slighting the Castle sectional even though I'm sticking with my 43 number.  It could very well be in the low 30's or anywhere in between.  These are just my opinions.  I watch (and follow) a lot of wrestling and not just on the West Side.  

I respect the PAC and even did a little wrestling there myself back in day.  I cheer like crazy for the "little guys" or the up and coming programs when they're not wrestling people I know or support.  

The Central sectional advanced 39 to the Semi-state last year even with the Welches and Stein - 2010 (33) and 2009 (32).  

Castle sectional has done very well in the 152 - 215 weight classes in the past 3 years with Central only advancing (152) 33%, (160) 42%, (171) 42%, (189) 50%, & (215) 42%.  

In that same 3 year time period, Central sectional has the edge in (285) 67%, (103) 92%, (112) 58%, (119) 67%, (125) 83%, (130) 58%, (135) 83%, (140) 67%, & (145) 83%.

There have been 8 times in the past 3 years that Central has swept the weight class:   2011 (130, 135, 145 & 285), 2010 (103 & 135), & 2009 (103 & 125).

I predict Central will sweep 4 classes in 2012 ->  113, 132, 138, & 152.   Will I be wrong?   Probably so....................

Off topic question to Castle posters. What happened to "The Stick"? I haven't seen him since the Welch twins won last year. Not poking fun at you guys but you should really be glad he's not trying to represent the entire Castle fan base this year although I'm a bit suprised because I think 120 may have a Welch way up on the podium at state this year??

I think he should be Top 4 and possible top 2.  Can he beat Todd, Petrov or Campbell?  I guess that is the big question.  Has he ever wrestled any of the three?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.