Mishawaka Sectional

kullerySBR

From a team score stand point, this could be one of the more interesting sectionals in many, many years.  Overall, I think Penn wins the team score going away.  However, the real stunner could be that Mishawaka High School could end up in 4th place at this sectional.  I don't think they have ever placed that low.  Clay is very tough and will probably be 2nd or 3rd.  Riley is vastly underrated. If Riley was in almost any other conference without 3 ranked teams battling them, Riley probably would be ranked.  So Riley also can place 2nd or 3rd.  And Riley just beat Mishawaka in a dual meet 10 days ago.  Mishawaka still has a bunch of excellent wrestlers.  But Mishawaka lost some heavy hitters and replaced them with some weaker guys.  Those weaker Mishawaka guys might allow Riley and/or Clay to score enough bonus points to place higher than Mishawaka.

I also wonder about motivation with Mishawaka.  I keep hearing several of their better guys are looking to transfer after this year because of all trouble at the school and in the program. 

Parts of hearing in Mishawaka wrestling case to be closed to public-  http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/Parts_of_hearing_in_Mishawaka_wrestling_case_to_be_closed_to_public_137925523.html

http://indianamat.com/brackets/2012/mishawaka2012.pdf

Those are the brackets

Here are the seeds:

1) Sinkovics (Mish)

2) Davis (Penn)

3) Olsen (SBA)

4) Hartman (SBC)

1) Hart (Penn)

2) Wordlaw (SBR)

3) Stephens (SBW)

4) Chadwick (MIsh)

1) Davis (Penn)

2) Emmons (Mish)

3) Weaver (LaVille)

4) Anderson-Taylor (SBR)

1) Martsolf (Mish)

2) Glueckert (SBC)

3) Juarez (SBR)

4) Varner (Penn)

1) Forte (Mish)

2) Ferdig (SBA)

3) Johnson (SBC)

4) Fowler (SBW)

1) Hartman (SBC)

2) Macri (Mish)

3) Varner (Penn)

4) Howell-Bey (SBW)

1) Manspeaker (Penn)

2) Ullery (SBR)

3) White (SBW)

4) Smous (Mish)

1) Ginter (Penn)

2) Nixon (SBC)

3) Jones (MIsh)

4) Navarro (SBR)

1) Kolat (SBW)

2) Stasiak (Penn)

3) Hack (SBR)

4) Proctor (Mish)

1) Bates (SBW)

2) Stevens (Penn)

3) Hunter (SBC)

4) Walter (Mish Marian)

1) Miller (SBC)

2) Crain (SBR)

3) Anderson (SBW)

4) Kazmerczak (SB St. Joe)

1) Skipper (SBA)

2) Allen (SBC)

3) Leed (LaVille)

4) Deering (Mish Marian)

1) Gallegos (SBC)

2) Reagan (Penn)

3) Eby (Mish)

4) Boyd (SBA)

1) Maggart (Penn)

2) Dozier (SBR)

3) Carr (SBC)

4) Boyd (SBA)

From a team score stand point, this could be one of the more interesting sectionals in many, many years.  Overall, I think Penn wins the team score going away.   However, the real stunner could be that Mishawaka High School could end up in 4th place at this sectional.  I don't think they have ever placed that low.  Clay is very tough and will probably be 2nd or 3rd.  Riley is vastly underrated. If Riley was in almost any other conference without 3 ranked teams battling them, Riley probably would be ranked.  So Riley also can place 2nd or 3rd.  And Riley just beat Mishawaka in a dual meet 10 days ago.  Mishawaka still has a bunch of excellent wrestlers.  But Mishawaka lost some heavy hitters and replaced them with some weaker guys.  Those weaker Mishawaka guys might allow Riley and/or Clay to score enough bonus points to place higher than Mishawaka.

I also wonder about motivation with Mishawaka.  I keep hearing several of their better guys are looking to transfer after this year because of all trouble at the school and in the program. 

Parts of hearing in Mishawaka wrestling case to be closed to public-  http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/Parts_of_hearing_in_Mishawaka_wrestling_case_to_be_closed_to_public_137925523.html

As far as transfering goes, they better move.  Don't think for a minute that the IHSAA won't figure that out pretty quickly.  Problem for Mish with that is that there are soooo many quality programs in the area.  It used to be that you would worry about Penn getting the Mish kids.  But with Riley, Clay, Jimtown, Elk. Memorial, there are many schools these kids could end up at and fit in right away. 

As far as transfering goes, they better move.  Don't think for a minute that the IHSAA won't figure that out pretty quickly.  Problem for Mish with that is that there are soooo many quality programs in the area.  It used to be that you would worry about Penn getting the Mish kids.  But with Riley, Clay, Jimtown, Elk. Memorial, there are many schools these kids could end up at and fit in right away. 

Hey, maybe we'll get their 138 pounder to come back to Jimtown... ;)

All things considered.. if Mishawaka had their full lineup there wouldnt be a discussion. With that said, that lineup is in the past and they have what they have and hope for the best for all of the Cavemen! Such a tragedy to lose most of the team and one of the best coaches around.

All things considered.. if Mishawaka had their full lineup there wouldnt be a discussion. With that said, that lineup is in the past and they have what they have and hope for the best for all of the Cavemen! Such a tragedy to lose most of the team and one of the best coaches around.

Who are they missing? I can think of one guy...

I believe they are missing 4-5 starters , not most of the team .

Penn Still wins this Sectional, regardless if MHS had their full lineup in.  It would be close, but Penn by 8.

Are you serious??  I thought it would be close but after the dual I changed my mind. IMO full line-up vs full line-up Mishawaka by 15 or so. But  that is not the case so best of luck Kingsmen.

I respect you opinion MishCaveFan, but we will agree to disagree on this, as Penn was not at full strength either at the time of the meet and was missing a few of their starters too.  I still as an impartial observer contend that Penn would win the duel with both teams having all starters in the lineup, but unfortunetely we will never know.  But good luck to all NIC Sectional teams this Saturday, there ought to be some great wrestling, and Mishawaka puts on a top notch sectional.

Panther out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.