Wall Charts for Sectional and Regional Champions

bell103

The Jay County Sectional and Regional has not given wall charts out the last few years and say that there is an IHSAA rule that says that they can't..... but semi state and state is allowed to do it... So I was just wondering if other sectionals and regionals are following this "rule" and if they aren't how are they getting around it? All champions deserve to get a wall chart in my opinion.

if that's the case (that it isn't allowed), i sure see alot of tournaments that are breaking the rule.....and i think all of the kids like to get them and don't see why there would be a rule that says you can't....that would seem kind of petty to me.......

So your Sectional and Regional distributes wall charts to the champions?

I think they do.  I just am not sure that is what I would be concerned with this week. 

Does not receiving a wall chart diminish your championship?  I understand that some kids like to have them as a memory, but that seems like a little deal in the big picture.  One man's opinion though.

I think they do.  I just am not sure that is what I would be concerned with this week. 

Does not receiving a wall chart diminish your championship?  I understand that some kids like to have them as a memory, but that seems like a little deal in the big picture.  One man's opinion though.

It was just a question.

It's like having a big Happy Gilmore check!

All kidding aside, who hasn't won a metal wrestling and  thrown it into a drawer and forgot where it came from.

At least the chart says where it's from, who you wrestled, and how the match ended.

It is true that they do not give out the brackets to the champs.  My son won sectional last year and when I checked with the Jay County AD he told me that they were only allowed to give out what the IHSAA sends them and that the brackets were not included.  He also told me that for his schools sectional/regional champions that he was going to get them and distribute them at their banquet and that I should check with our AD.  Well I have done that several times since the Monday after sectional last year.....and we still don't have a bracket....Not that big of a deal, just nice to have for a memory later on....my husband still has all his!

All kidding aside, who hasn't won a metal wrestling and  thrown it into a drawer and forgot where it came from.

At least the chart says where it's from, who you wrestled, and how the match ended.

Would be nice if the champion got a trophy! Any other sport they would, why not wrestling? Cheap medals seems kinda lame huh?

It is actually another of the school's cost cutting programs.  They have saved on the cost of 10 years worth of wall charts for the price of 2 bottles of White-Out.  Shrewed business practice.

In my opinion, if every host school does this, they'll no longer have to charge participation fees + my stock in Liquid Paper in go up.  Yes! - early retirement.

Seriously?

All champions deserve wall charts?  Since when did the wall chart become the pinnacle of wrestling awards?

Well in all seriousness, a Sectional or Regional Championship is the pinnacle of some of these young wrestler's career.  It would be a nice keepsake for them to have.

Jay County...Jay County seems like I remember some other wrestling issues with that school. Maybe the sectional and regional should be moved to another location.

Like when they went ahead and had the individual regional when several wrestlers couldn't travel cause of level 3 travel restrictions >:(

Like when they went ahead and had the individual regional when several wrestlers couldn't travel cause of level 3 travel restrictions >:(

Jay Co will always do whatever Jay Co wants to do.... besides its just a matter of time before they are forced to give up one or both events.... There are several other schools foaming at the mouth to take it.

I remember that.  Quite the mess at Semi-state that year.  It did not directly affect my son but it was a mess.

I remember that.  Quite the mess at Semi-state that year.  It did not directly affect my son but it was a mess.

That same year The Richmond Regional postponed untill monday and every wrestler was able to compete. The results of their wrestling careers should be decided on the mats not by selfish adminstrators :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.