SIAC vs. Big 8 vs. PAC

niceshot

In a round robin between these three conferences who would win?

Here are the match-ups of the champs.

106: Brown (CA) vs. Nawl (VL) vs. Waninger (TC)

113: Mastison (H) vs. Schitter (J) vs. Stock (NP)

120: Welch (CA) vs. Karges (P) vs. Miller (HH)

126: Wedding (ME) vs. Kersteins (J) vs. Lawalin (TC)

132: Moody ® vs. Cheves (J) vs. Alvares (TC)

138: Lannert (MD) vs. Meza (W) vs. ???

145: Bassemier (MD) vs. Hoehn (MV) vs. Singleton (GS)

152: Ruger ® vs. Dallas (MV) vs. Mundy (S)

160: Parkinson (MD) vs. Koberstein (P) vs. Oser (HH)

170: King ® vs. Wampler (MC) vs. Stetter (S)

182: Brandenstein (MD) vs. Cissell (W) vs. Kondering (HH)

195: Mauer (MD) vs. Halbig (P) vs. Salkill (SS)

220: Schnarr ® vs. Henrickson (B) vs. Boehm (HH)

285: Wright (MD) vs. Breen (P) vs. Schwoeppe (S)

Teams: Mater Dei vs. Jasper vs. Heritage Hills.

Ok - I will bite on this..........

106:  Brown

113:  Mastison

120:  Welch

126:  Wedding

132:  Moody

138:  Lannert

145:  Heohn

152:  Rueger

160:  Oser

170:  King

182:  Brandenstein

195:  Maurer

220:  Schnarr

285:  Wright

Basically, all SIAC except for 145 and 160.

What is forgotten is the depth of the SIAC... In numerous weight classes... the top 2/3 guys from the weight class could win it.. 106,113,126,138,145,160,171, Heavy... And 120 Welch runs away with it but Johns, Johnson and Goebel are all very tough wrestlers.

I cant believe what i am reading.... I think Reitz and MD are way overrated and dont let me start on Castle

Uhhhh. Yeah!  I do think some of the teams in both the PAC and Big 8 are much improved, but a "best of each weight class" comparison is going to be a SIAC feast. 

Much improved Yes,  as good as MD or reitz? No. And the average champion from SIAC is supior to the average champion in almost any other conference state wise, let alone just out of the big 8 or PAC. There is those exceptions but as far as the average champion goes, SIAC is stacked in nearly every weight class. Just my Opinion.

Much improved Yes,  as good as MD or reitz? No. And the average champion from SIAC is supior to the average champion in almost any other conference state wise, let alone just out of the big 8 or PAC. There is those exceptions but as far as the average champion goes, SIAC is stacked in nearly every weight class. Just my Opinion.

I agree in principle with what your saying, but I think it's safe to say the SIAC is down quite a bit from the last few years.  There have been some really fantastic talent graduate from each of the traditional powers that have left some gaps to one degree or another. 

The good news is that has been off set by the rise in performance from some programs that have struggled in the recent past. 

I will go on record as saying some of the Big 8 and PAC programs have really stepped it up and are closing the gap in many weight classes. 

I noticed a lot of the Mt. Vernon gang at Castle last Saturday.  Even Big 8 people know the SIAC trournament is a much better  show  ;)  Either that or they don't serve ChickFilet's in Vincennes?

HAHA - no - I'm sure there was some major scouting going on preparing for Sectionals!! 

I agree in principle with what your saying, but I think it's safe to say the SIAC is down quite a bit from the last few years.  There have been some really fantastic talent graduate from each of the traditional powers that have left some gaps to one degree or another. 

The good news is that has been off set by the rise in performance from some programs that have struggled in the recent past. 

I will go on record as saying some of the Big 8 and PAC programs have really stepped it up and are closing the gap in many weight classes. 

I can agree with that. Seems like Jasper seems to be improving a lot and with such a young team will only get better.

I can agree with that. Seems like Jasper seems to be improving a lot and with such a young team will only get better.

Mt Vernon, Jasper, Southridge, Forest Park, Princeton, Gibson Southern, and more recently Heritage Hills have all put quality opponants on the mat for a long time.  The challenges they face are the same as everyone else, numbers and the increasing laziness of society in general.  But they produce high quality competition consistently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.