Jeffersonville Sectional Predictions

powerhalf

Using the HHC, SIWC and Jeff Classic results and any other results I could find I figured I would get the ball rolling on the predictions.  Probably a few changes to weights and head to head results I missed but here goes nothing.

Jeff

Floyd

New Albany

Charlestown

Providence

New Washington

Eastern

Corydon

Christian Academy

Salem

Terrance Kennedy Floyd

Jasi Coureur  Jeff

Trey Lynch  New Albany

Jordan Gray Eastern

Luke Woods Charlestown

Bailey Lahue Corydon

Chris Whitley Floyd Central

Doty Christian Academy

Laughead New Albany

Sheppard Jeff

Peavler New Albany

Popp Floyd

Murner Providence

Haynes Charlestown

Meenach New Wash - I know Shremp won the head to head already but Meenach is wrestling much better than at the Jeff Classic so he gets the nod.

Shremp Jeff

Jamison New Albany

Strobel Floyd

Marler Floyd

Griffith Providence

Crase New Wash

De Leon Jeff

Gregory Providence

Troutman Floyd

Lowe Jeff

Heil Charlestown

Emily Floyd

Fridley Jeff

Kempf Providence

Dunn Christian Academy

Browner Jeff

Franklin New Wash

Scott New Albany

Hauber Providence

Herron Floyd

Dean New Wash

Kaelin Providence

Terry Eastern

Hall Charlestown

Marlin Jeff

Randall Floyd

Fernandez Providence

McCutchen Charlestown

Lee New Albany

Spangler Jeff

Bagwell Floyd

Curtley Jeff

Lynch New Albany

Hoff Charlestown

Hayes Providence

Ottersbach Floyd

Leasor New Albany

Brown Jeff

Enteman Charlestown

HWT

Jolley Little Jeff

Carver Corydon

Crawley Providence

Cross New Albany

It's definately a two team race for first with Jeff and Floyd. I'd give a slight edge to Jeff after watching HHC, but I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd won it all either. Floyd will probably have the most champs (6) but Jeff will have their lower performing weights finish higher in some classes. I only see a couple of weights where Jeff won't place in the top four while Floyd will probably have three.

Other teams will sprinkle in a few wrestlers in the finals but I don't see a lot of upsets. I'll wait until the individual brackets come out before putting time into those predictions. You never know if a kid with a light schedule will get seeded high and create some matchup issues in the semis. Powerhalf's predictions look pretty solid though.

Something crazy or unexpected will no doubt happen Saturday Jeff..  Jeff and Floyd are gonna have a battle til the end for the title, will be interesting to see if one of them gets a leg up tonight in drawing those forfiet brothers from Salem and CAI in the first round... I see Kennedy, Lahue, Shepherd, Marler and Curtley as locks, take it to the bank..  126, and, 138 are deep weights whoever wins these will be battle tested... Stuart from Charlestown will be at 132 or 138 and will add some depth to one of those weights...... I think 170 is a weight to watch as well Hall and Marlin should be a good one...... Also watch the big boy from Providence, he could shake some things up... I could see a Champion from seven different teams.

Something crazy or unexpected will no doubt happen Saturday Jeff..  Jeff and Floyd are gonna have a battle til the end for the title, will be interesting to see if one of them gets a leg up tonight in drawing those forfiet brothers from Salem and CAI in the first round... I see Kennedy, Lahue, Shepherd, Marler and Curtley as locks, take it to the bank..  126, and, 138 are deep weights whoever wins these will be battle tested... Stuart from Charlestown will be at 132 or 138 and will add some depth to one of those weights...... I think 170 is a weight to watch as well Hall and Marlin should be a good one...... Also watch the big boy from Providence, he could shake some things up... I could see a Champion from seven different teams.

I agree. something crazy always happens the weekends of sectionals and regionals and sometimes some unbelievable upsets. I believe you are right on your locked in champions I think 126 could go to any of the top 3 , it just depends on who brings their A game. I thought Stuart quit or that was the word at the SIWC. I just hope the seeding to get screwed up and cause some kids that should meet in the finals to meet too early in the tournamnet. It is not good when the real finals match happens the second round and a good wrestler gets 3rd.

Scoring at the sectional begins with the quarterfinal round. In a sectional with more than 8 teams, points that would normally accrue in the first round no longer count because some sectionals in the past have been decided on the basis of "luck of the draw" with first round forfeits.

Some good predictions, here are the top 4 seeds

Kennedy - Floyd

Lynch - NA

Gray - Eastern

Jones - Jeff

Lahue - Corydon

Whitley - Floyd

Laughead - NA

Doty - CAI

Shepherd - Jeff

Popp - Floyd

Haynes - Charles

Peavler - NA

Jamison - NA

Schremp - Jeff

Meenach - New Wash

Strobel - Floyd

Marler - Floyd

Griffith - Prov

Crase - New Wash

Deleone - Jeff

Troutman - Floyd

Gregory - Prov

Stuart - Charles

Lowe - Jeff

Kempf - Prov

Emily - Floyd

Fridley - Jeff

Dunn - CAI

Browner - Jeff

Franklin - New Wash

Scott - NA

Meldrum - Floyd

Herron - Floyd

Dean - New Wash

Kaelin - Prov

Thompson - Jeff

Hall - Charl

Marlin - Jeff

Bagwell - Floyd

Fernandez - Prov

McCutcheon - Charl

Randall - Floyd

Lee - NA

Spangler - Jeff

Curtley - Jeff

Youtsey - Floyd

Lynch - NA

Hoff - Charl

Ottersbach - Floyd

Leasor - NA

Brown - Jeff

Enteman - Charl

Crawley - Prov

Jolly-Little - Jeff

Carver - Corydon

Koehler - Floyd

The seeds did not go quite as I saw them working out so I am re-issuing my predictions.  The vast majority stick to the seeds but there are a few differences.  Enjoy tearing them apart.  Lets see some others unless we are in agreement that I truly know all. 

Kennedy-Floyd

Lynch- New Albany

Jones- Jeff

Gray- Eastern

Lahue- Corydon

Whitley- Floyd Central

Laughead- New Albany

Weekly- Jeff

Shepherd- Jeff

Popp- Floyd

Peavler- New Albany

Haynes- Charlestown

Meenach- New Wash

Jamison- New Albany

Schremp- Jeff

Strobel- Floyd

Marler- Floyd

Griffith- Providence

Crase- New Wash

DeLeon- Jeff

Gregory- Providence

Troutman- FLoyd

Lowe- Jeff

Stuart- Charlestown

Emily- Floyd

Kempf- Providence

Fridley- Jeff

Engle- Salem

Browner- Jeff

Franklin- New Wash

Scott- New Albany

Meldrum- Floyd

Herron-Floyd

Dean- New Wash

Kaelin- Providence

Terry- Eastern

Hall- Charlestown

Marlin- Jeff

Bagwell- Floyd

Fernandez- Providence

McCutcheon- Charlestown

Randall- Floyd

Lee- New Albany

Spangler- Jeff

Curtly- Jeff

Youtsey- Floyd

Lynch- New Albany

Hoff- Charlestown

Ottersbach-Floyd

Leaser- New Albany

Brown- Jeff

Enteman- Charlestown

HWT

Jolley Little-Jeff

Crawley- Providence

Carver- Corydon

Koehler- Floyd

After the seeding meeting, I think a couple of lineup changes tip the scales in favor of Floyd Central over Jeffersonville for the title.

Kennedy

Lynch

Gray

Jones

Lahue

Whitley

Doty

Laughead

Shepherd

Popp

Peavler

Haynes

Jamison

Meenach

Schremp

Strobel

Marler

Griffith

Crase

Deleone

Gregory

Troutman

Stuart

Lowe

Emily

Kempf

Fridley

Dunn

Browner

Franklin

Meldrum

Scott

Herron

Dean

Kaelin

Thompson

Hall

Marlin

Fernandez

Bagwell

McCutcheon

Randall

Lee

Spangler

Curtley

Youtsey

Lynch

Hoff

Ottersbach

Leasor

Brown

Enteman

Crawley

Jolly-Little

Carver

Koehler

I think all the predictions I've seen are close and you never know what crazy things will happen, this is my oppinion.

Kennedy

Lynch

Gray

Jones

Lahue

Whitley

Doty

Laughead

Shepherd

Popp

Haynes

Peavler

Meenach

Jamison

Schremp

Strobel

Marler

Griffith

Deleone

Crase

Gregory

Troutman

Stuart

Lowe

Emily

Kempf

Fridley

Dunn

Browner

Franklin

Meldrum

Scott

Herron

Kaelin

Dean

Thompson

Hall

Marlin

Fernandez

Bagwell

McCutcheon

Randall

Lee

Spangler

Curtley

Youtsey

Lynch

Hoff

Ottersbach

Leasor

Brown

Enteman

Crawley

Jolly-Little

Carver

Koehler

Jeff won a very close team championship over Floyd Central.

106: Kennedy, Lynch, Gray, Jones  - Kennedy pinned in the first

113: Whitley, LaHue, Weekly, Doty - Whitley wins on a late escape

120: Shepherd, Popp, Peavler, Haynes - Shepherd pinned in the first

126: Schremp, Jamison, Meenach, Strobel - Jamison had a couple of penalty points on cautions that cost him

132: Marler, Griffith, Castlberry, DeLeon - One of the best finals matches. Marler outlasted Griffith but he game him a great fight.

138: Troutman, Stuart, Gregory, Neito - Troutman won easily.

145: Emily, Kempf, Fridley, Pfohl - Emily controlled the match.

152: Browner, Franklin, Scott, Meldrum - Back and forth a bit and Browner escaped a lot of tough situations.

160: Kaelin, Dean, Terry, Thompson - What would have been a tough semi-final match made for a good finals match.

170: Marlin, Hall, Fernandez, Bagwell - Charlestown gassed in a lot of their matches in the third period.

182: Randall, McCutcheon, Spangler - Randall outlasted Hall

195: Curtley, Lynch - Pinned

215: Ottersbach, Leasor, Brown, Enteman - Big pin in the finals.

285: Jolley-Little, Crawley, Koehler, Carver - Another big pin.

Whitley had the upset of the day over Lahue. A takedown in the first really threw Lahue off his game. Herron (160) from FC was out of the line-up and that swung the meet Jeff's way. Looked like Jeff was able to pick up a lot of bonus points with pins. Great wrestling by both teams and it made it interesting down to the heavyweights. Floyd with 8 in the finals and 7 champs. Impressive performances by both teams!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.