Evansville Central Sectional

Jon H

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106: Its a 2 man show with Kuhn and Seng. Kuhn is the obvious pick but don't count out Seng. Kuhn, Seng, Arney, Wilson

113: Tough weight class, in my mind any of the top 6 could win it on a good day. Just depends who shows up and has a good day. Mastison, Stock, Davis, Johnson

120: Same as 113. Goebel, Johnson, Johns, Turi

126: Not sure how healthy VanHook will be. Don't see him on the same level as Wedding with sitting out this long. Wedding, VanHook, Pierre, Hoehn

132: Moody is solid, its a battle for 2nd. Moody, Oakley, Schroeder, Bouchie

138: Lannert is the obvious pick coming off a SIAC title and 4th place finish last year at State, but dont count out Kelley. Kid is tough. Hoehn could make some noise also if he is on. Lannert, Hoehn, Kelley, Petrig.

145: Who wants it??? With Dallas bumping up it at least guarantee's all 4 will get out. Bassmier, Kemper, Hayhurst, Appell

152: Rueger is a lock. It will be a tough battle for 2nd. Rueger, Folz, Dallas, Henshaw

160: Pretty even weight class. Parkinson, Dickens, Colavechia, Rynkiewich

170: King has looked solid all year long and doesn't seem to get credit when credit is due. King, Schneider, Campbell, Blanford

182: Brandenstein, Meyer, Cravens, Meyer.....nice to see Bosse get some kids to Regionals.

195: Nobody will touch Maurer. Maurer, Brown, Lane, O'Risky

220: I know Schnarr has been out the last half, if he stays healthy it is his weight class. Schnarr, Collins, Pace, Barnes

285: Wright, Hohl, Little, Mattingly

The beauty of this is these are predictions. The boys still have to show up and earn it. It should be a great day of wrestling as it always is at the Central Sectional. Looking forward to Saturday!

106: Its a 2 man show with Kuhn and Seng. Kuhn is the obvious pick but don't count out Seng. Kuhn, Seng, Arney, Wilson

113: Tough weight class, in my mind any of the top 6 could win it on a good day. Just depends who shows up and has a good day. Mastison, Stock, Davis, Johnson

120: Same as 113. Goebel, Johnson, Johns, Turi

126: Not sure how healthy VanHook will be. Don't see him on the same level as Wedding with sitting out this long. Wedding, VanHook, Pierre, Hoehn

132: Moody is solid, its a battle for 2nd. Moody, Oakley, Schroeder, Bouchie

138: Lannert is the obvious pick coming off a SIAC title and 4th place finish last year at State, but dont count out Kelley. Kid is tough. Hoehn could make some noise also if he is on. Lannert, Hoehn, Kelley, Petrig.

145: Who wants it??? With Dallas bumping up it at least guarantee's all 4 will get out. Bassmier, Kemper, Hayhurst, Appell

152: Rueger is a lock. It will be a tough battle for 2nd. Rueger, Folz, Dallas, Henshaw

160: Pretty even weight class. Parkinson, Dickens, Colavechia, Rynkiewich

170: King has looked solid all year long and doesn't seem to get credit when credit is due. King, Schneider, Campbell, Blanford

182: Brandenstein, Meyer, Cravens, Meyer.....nice to see Bosse get some kids to Regionals.

195: Nobody will touch Maurer. Maurer, Brown, Lane, O'Risky

220: I know Schnarr has been out the last half, if he stays healthy it is his weight class. Schnarr, Collins, Pace, Barnes

285: Wright, Hohl, Little, Mattingly

The beauty of this is these are predictions. The boys still have to show up and earn it. It should be a great day of wrestling as it always is at the Central Sectional. Looking forward to Saturday!

Lane(N) over Brown

Bray(N) over Hoehn.

Kelley over Hoehn twice now.

Davis wins it i think.

Kuhn easily over Seng @ 106. IMO

Top 6 Seeds:

106:

Kuhn ®

Seng (MD)

Arney (M)

Chamlee (H)

Wilson (MV)

Poirier (N)

113:

Mastison (H)

Davis ®

Stock (NP)

Johnson (MD)

Aldridge (N)

Suar (MV)

120:

Johnson (M)

Goebel (MD)

Johns ®

Turi ©

Rohlman (MV)

Cassidy (N)

126:

Vanhook ®

Wedding (M)

Pierre (MD)

Braye (N)

Hoehn (MV)

Frymire (NP)

132:

Moody ®

Schroeder (MD)

Oakley (CE)

Bouchie (ME)

Powell (N)

Whoberry (MV)

138:

Lannert (MD)

Kelley (CE)

Hoehn (MV)

Backes (RE)

Petrig (ME)

Frymire (NP)

145:

Bassemier (MD)

Kemper (CE)

Hayhurst (ME)

Appell (RE)

Elderkin (NP)

Palstring (H)

152:

Rueger (RE)

Folz (MD)

Henshaw (ME)

Martin (NP)

Dallas (MV)

Ivy (B)

160:

Parkinson (MD)

Lindenschmidt (H)

Colavecchia (ME)

Dickens (N)

Wimpleberg (RE)

Rynkiewich (MV)

170:

Campbell (N)

King (RE)

Blanford (MD)

Schneider (MD)

Funke (ME)

Merriweather (B)

182:

Brandenstein (MD)

Meyer (ME)

Cravens (B)

Mooney (N)

Watson (H)

Myers (RE)

195:

Mauer (MD)

Lane (N)

Brown (ME)

O'Risky (NP)

Ripple (MV)

Neblett (B)

220:

Schnarr (RE)

Collins (MD)

Pace (CE)

Barnes (ME)

Moon (H)

Greenwell (N)

285:

Wright (MD)

Hohl (CE)

Little (NP)

Mattingly (ME)

Powell (N)

West (MV)

Thanks for the info niceshot!

113 -  stacked.

120 - balanced.

138 - wow - the PAC champion is the 6th seed.

145 - toss up.  I still think Heohn would've been the favorite and be able to eat a full meal this week - but oh well.

152 - Dallas just made this class lose some sleep other than Reuger who should rest peacefully.

160 - Have Parkinson and Lindenschmidt wrestled this year?  If so, what was the score?

170 - I'm not saying a word!

220 - Pace impressed me on Saturday.  Hardnosed kid & athletic.  The re-match with Collins should be a good one in the semi's. 

Very nice predictions, but I see a few changes and they are as follow:

106- Stock wins in a close one

120-Johnson is on a mission this year

160- Colavechia wins a close one with Parkinson

170- Schneider over King (its a MD thing)

195- Brown works to wind 2nd

138 is going to be a bruiser with Kelley and Lannert- no pick

195 - Brown won over Lane early in the year and had a cold last week when he lost to Lane at SIAC.

113 is definitely solid. Mastison, Johnson and Davis have all placed in the top 5 in state while in Middle School. All three...(Mastison not so much) are still young and will make great waves in the future. The no stud factor is deceiving because I know that Davis was beating the #6 kid until the last 30 seconds earlier this year and placed high at Connersville (4th or 5th) and that tournament had 6 ranked 113 pound kids in it. Because the SIAC all beat each other up just means the rest of the state at 113 better watch out for this Region.

113 is definitely solid. Mastison, Johnson and Davis have all placed in the top 5 in state while in Middle School. All three...(Mastison not so much) are still young and will make great waves in the future. The no stud factor is deceiving because I know that Davis was beating the #6 kid until the last 30 seconds earlier this year and placed high at Connersville (4th or 5th) and that tournament had 6 ranked 113 pound kids in it. Because the SIAC all beat each other up just means the rest of the state at 113 better watch out for this Region.

113 is way above average and it has above average wrestlers all the way through. However, the reason it looks so good is because they are all on the same level. They could all make it to state but that would take some very good draws.

113 is way above average and it has above average wrestlers all the way through. However, the reason it looks so good is because they are all on the same level. They could all make it to state but that would take some very good draws.

I agree 113 is above average and very solid throughout the weight class, but there is no chance all 4 make it to state.  The top 113's in the semi-state are not in the Evansville Central sectional and I don't see both of them not making it.  There is a good chance we can get 2 through, but no way 4 happens.

I feel like King is overrated, and Hohl is weak. Lane has a good shot at beating Maurer. I see Campbell in the finals with King.  How did Oakley make the cut? Dickens is a freak!!!

Maybe you should step on the matt with Hohl then let us know if he's WEAK!  #bigdaddywannabe

The top 113's in the semi-state are not in the Evansville Central sectional

Straight from the Semi-State Rankings:

113:

1.  Anthony Schoettle ? Center Grove

2.  Bailey Lahue ? Corydon Central

3.  Matthew Mastison ? Evansville Harrison

4.  Josh Davis ? Evansville Reitz

5.  Nathan Schnitter ? Jasper

6.  Tyler ?Lock &? Stock ? North Posey

7.  Alex Johnson ? Evansville Mater Dei

8.  Peyton Reese - Franklin

4 of the top 8 are from the Evansville Central Sectional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.