Things coaches say...

formerwrestler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a parent at the conference tourney yell to his kid " it's time to get into beast mode ", it was the 3/4 place match and with right at 1 minute left in the 3rd period with this kid losing by 6 points I believe. 

Priceless...  :o

A kid comes off the mat after not wrestling very well and the coach says " are you o.k., can you breath"  the kid replies "yes I can breath"  the coach replies " great that means you finally got your head out of your butt"

Heard this pearl this year by a coach....

Not happy with his wrestler on the mat:  "I didn't come all the way up here to see you embarrass yourself!"

Just so happened that the crowd was really quiet at that time, and I think the one that should have been embarrassed was the coach saying that to a kid.

My brothers team was playing in the regional finals in football. After the inspirational speech from the coaches the captains of the team spoke and one of them said "let's win this for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here" (from the movie hoosiers). The only problem.... we were all class 2a in football.

Head Coach to his team after a mediocre win and halfway through a sloppy uninspired practice the following day.

You all think you're a bunch of bad@$$es.

It would help me out a lot if someone would wrestle like it.

In college we wore an Iowa style singlet witth the word SPARTANS across the leg in yellow. I had a teammate who started warming up for his match with black tights, knee pads, knee high socks and all black shoes.

As soo as our head coach saw this he called him over, and with the straightest face possible he said "you aren't good enough to make a fashion statement. Go take all that $hit off or i'll forfeit your next match."

In college we wore an Iowa style singlet witth the word SPARTANS across the leg in yellow. I had a teammate who started warming up for his match with black tights, knee pads, knee high socks and all black shoes.

As soo as our head coach saw this he called him over, and with the straightest face possible he said "you aren't good enough to make a fashion statement. Go take all that $hit off or i'll forfeit your next match."

Gotta be Coach Jarmon.

I heard a coach, from a school that rhymes with 'elta', tell a ref once that he needed to grow some ba!!s to referee wrestling.  He didn't see the rest of that tournament.

Does anyone remember the crazy mom video a few years ago?  "Rip his  head, Patrick!"

Gotta be Coach Jarmon.

I heard a coach, from a school that rhymes with 'elta', tell a ref once that he needed to grow some ba!!s to referee wrestling.  He didn't see the rest of that tournament.

Does anyone remember the crazy mom video a few years ago?  "Rip his  head, Patrick!"

I remember the mom from the Merrillville semi and then at state who every match shrieked "Let's go Nicholas!" repeatedly the entire match. It never mattered what happened, that's all it was.

A middle school coach is watching two of his very inexperienced athletes wrestle.  They are doing nothing that they have been taught.  They are in various positions and he says "  You guys know that in some states, that would be illegal after dark".

(coach at a JV tournament who's kid is on top)

"Stay under the arms, stay under the arms, stay under the arms, stay under the arms, Stay Under The Arms, Stay Under The Arms, Stay Under The Arms, Stay. Under. The. Arms. Stay. Under. The. Arms. Stay! Under! The! Arms! STAYUNDERTHEARMS! STAYUNDERTHEARMS! STAYUNDERTHEARMS!" (kid goes over the arm and runs out in front for a front headlock . . . sort of and the wrestlers go out of bounds right next to the coach.)  "HEY! Do you know what prepositions are?!"

my freshman year another one of are freshman had recently lost a match and was sitting in a chair exhausted, when the coach and his daughter walked by and his daughter said whats wrong with him daddy? Are coach replied, "o he sucks at wrestling and has no friends"

priceless ;D

my freshman year another one of are freshman had recently lost a match and was sitting in a chair exhausted, when the coach and his daughter walked by and his daughter said whats wrong with him daddy? Are coach replied, "o he sucks at wrestling and has no friends"

priceless ;D

This warrants consideration for Post of the Year!

Gotta be Coach Jarmon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.