Merr. - C.P. Regional rematch ?

pirateville

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Halsted inj defaulted against Mavros.  What kind of injury was it? Was it the same injury that had him out half of the season. The Padilla/Halsted match is one of the biggest matches of the night. 

What was the score of the Mavors/Halsted match before the injury? 

Heard it's not that bad , I've seen Cameron wrestle injured before , I'll take him with a decision over Padila if not a major .

That's ridiculous.

Will anyone be posting real time updates of this match?

That is crazy.  This match, fuqua/Garcia, Shrug/Peppers will determine this dual IMO.  Whoever gets 2 out of 3 will win.  Halsted and Padilla is going to be a close 1-2 match either way.  Padilla owns the mental edge.

Big Fuqua is back and won the sectional 1-0 over Kenny Hughes of Lowell. I think it was Hughes' first loss. That certainly helps Crown Point. Halstead/Padilla is huge, and I agree that Padilla has the mental edge. Lil Fuqua and Garcia is also huge. Gonna be a good one. Edge in coaching goes to DM; never loses his cool!

If CP bumps Tsirtis to 152, why wouldn't Merrillville just forfeit to him and bump the rest of their lineup up. This would make CP go head to head in the upper weights.

So what you are saying they would go?

160 Sandefer

170 Stevenson

182 Peppers

195 Deluna

220 Berry

HWT Nickson

Make for some interesting matchups that is for sure.  Kral vs. Berry would be huge.  

That would make it

Sandefer vs. fuqua at 160

Stevenson vs. Shurg at 170

Peppers vs. Kral at 182

Deluna vs. Langben at 195

Berry vs. Kral at 220

Nickson vs. Swope at HWT

So what you are saying they would go?

160 Sandefer

170 Stevenson

182 Peppers

195 Deluna

220 Berry

HWT Nickson

Make for some interesting matchups that is for sure.  Kral vs. Berry would be huge. 

That would make it

Sandefer vs. fuqua at 160

Stevenson vs. Shurg at 170

Peppers vs. Kral at 182

Deluna vs. Langben at 195

Berry vs. Kral at 220

Nickson vs. Swope at HWT

I like the these match ups for merrillville

With those matchups

106lb  Garza Merr  pin  Ervin  6-0 Merr

112lb Darden Schurg CP dec Brodie 6-3 Merr.

119lb  Garcia Merr dec Josh Fuqua 9-3 Merr.

126lb Tr. Burlison CP  dec Martin  9-6 Merr

132lb  Padilla Merr dec Halsted  12-6 Merr

138lb  Ty. Burlison  CP dec Spudic  12-9 Merr

145lb  Trevor Blue CP  maj Hollins    13-12 CP

152 lb  Tsirtsis CP forfeit  19-12 CP           

160lb  Fuqua dec Sandefer  22-12  CP

170lb  Stevenson dec Dusty Schurg CP  22-15 CP

182lb  Peppers Merr dec Morgan Kral 22-18 CP

195lb  Deluna dec LangbenCP  22-21 CP ( I could be wrong but Langben might have beat him at this wt in early Jan??)

220lb  Tyler Kral  CP dec Berry  25-21 CP

285lb  Nickson dec Swope 25-24 CP (I think Swope beat him earlier in the year 2-1??)

So I gave 4 toss up matches to Merr (119, 132, 195, 285) and 2 to CP (160 and 220).  Bonus Points will still be the key and if Merr can win 5 of these matches they can win.  There will be some upsets as there always is.  Wish it could be webcasted.

He has lost twice this year to Padilla, and now he is hurt and your calling for a major????

I was told that when CP won State ,  Halsted had  a shoulder injury at that time and he ended up beating a guy named BRIAN HARVEY to push CP into the Championship round , so don't ever under estimate Halsted .

I do believe that Padilla lost at sectionals. Not taking anything away from him. I think that this match will be close. I hope this match-up will be close. I think Merrillville will pull out the upset 26-24. JMO

Will there be a broadcast of the team regional?

I do believe that Padilla lost at sectionals. Not taking anything away from him. I think that this match will be close. I hope this match-up will be close. I think Merrillville will pull out the upset 26-24. JMO

Will there be a broadcast of the team regional?

Padilla did lose but he looked awfully slim... Last I heard he had missed a whole week of practice because of the flu and barely recouping??  Is this right???... He was wrestling with flu at Sectionals???...

Padilla/Halsted is major huge!! Halsted a very talented wrestler especially if one of his practice partners is Tsirtsis. But Halsted has lost twice now to Padilla and I do not see him majoring Padilla in anything other than some huge calf muscles!...lol

Padilla wins this one by decision and helps give those stubborn pirates the edge....

I was told that when CP won State ,  Halsted had  a shoulder injury at that time and he ended up beating a guy named BRIAN HARVEY to push CP into the Championship round , so don't ever under estimate Halsted .

Was actually able to make team Regionals and I have to say I thought some of the pirate guys would put up a better fight.  The Dogs got some key bonus points and gained momentum after Blue pinned Hollis...Got the crowd and rest of the team ALL into it and ready to do some more pounding.  Tsirtsis followed with a fast pin of his own against the pirate's Sandefer 152 lber.....made him look like he had no business on the mat...

How much weight does merrillville's brown give up cuz he looks considerably smaller next to Burlison???

By the way, Padilla had a pretty good showing against Halsted.  I'd say Halsted looked fine and Padilla just took it to him.  Maybe Padilla read this thread and got pissed...LOL. Either way, just watching this guy warm up before the match said it all.  I thought it would be a lot closer but Padilla just convincingly out wrestled Halsted.  Halsted...

The rest of the pirate guys looked like they were on the outside looking in!  Even DM looked like he knew what was about to happen....

Saw Halsted inj defaulted against Mavros.  What kind of injury was it? Was it the same injury that had him out half of the season. The Padilla/Halsted match is one of the biggest matches of the night. 

What was the score of the Mavors/Halsted match before the injury? 

The score was 6-5 before halsted took injury default mavros beat him before 8-2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.