Merr. - C.P. Regional rematch ?

pirateville

My picks

106lb  Garza Merr  pin  Ervin  6-0 Merr

112lb Darden Schurg CP dec Brodie 6-3 Merr.

119lb  Garcia Merr dec Josh Fuqua 9-3 Merr. (Swing match)

126lb Tr. Burlison CP  dec Martin  9-6 Merr

132lb  Padilla Merr dec Halsted   12-6 Merr

138lb  Ty. Burlison  CP dec Spudic  12-9 Merr

145lb  Trevor Blue CP  maj Hollins    13-12 CP

152 lb  Tsirtsis tech CP Sandefer  18-12 CP            

160lb  Stevenson  maj Fuqua  18-16  CP

170lb  Dusty Schurg CP  dec Peppers  21-16 CP (Swing match)

182lb  Deluna Merr dec Morgan Kral 21-19 CP

195lb  Berry Merr pin Langbehn CP  25-21 Merr

220lb  Tyler Kral  CP dec Nickson  25-24 Merr

285lb  Swope- CP  dec T. Williams 27-25 CP

So with this line up it will come down to bonus points IMO.  About 5 of these matches could go either way.  Hope both teams are healthy.  Should be a good dual.

This is Jake Fuqua wrestles, anybody know the injury or his status?

Merrillville might bump up Berry and Nickson and be able to steal three wins with their backup 195 who isn't too bad.

This would be a big risk.  They could lose all 3 and get no points.  I think Swope beat Nickson earlier, not saying he will again.  Kral is pretty tough and maybe too big for Berry.  And the backup at 195 could give up bonus points too.  I Think Langbehn majored Deluna in the most recent dual.  I figure with Berry at 195 that is 6 points and Kral and Swope 3 each so that is a split. 

Last time it was

195- CP Maj

220- CP Dec

285- CP Dec

With Lara at 195, Berry at 220 and Nickson at 285 it could be

195- CP dec

220- Mer dec

285- Mer Dec

They would come out +3 vs. -10 from last time

With their regular lineup and a pin by Berry it would only be a wash for those three weights, which would be better than last time, but not as much as a potential bump would net.

My picks

106lb  Garza Merr  pin  Ervin  6-0 Merr

112lb Darden Schurg CP dec Brodie 6-3 Merr.

119lb  Garcia Merr dec Josh Fuqua 9-3 Merr. (Swing match)

126lb Tr. Burlison CP  dec Martin  9-6 Merr

132lb  Padilla Merr dec Halsted  12-6 Merr

138lb  Ty. Burlison  CP dec Spudic  12-9 Merr

145lb  Trevor Blue CP  maj Hollins    13-12 CP

152 lb  Tsirtsis tech CP Sandefer  18-12 CP           

160lb  Stevenson  maj Fuqua  18-16  CP

170lb  Dusty Schurg CP  dec Peppers  21-16 CP (Swing match)

182lb  Deluna Merr dec Morgan Kral 21-19 CP

195lb  Berry Merr pin Langbehn CP  25-21 Merr

220lb  Tyler Kral  CP dec Nickson  25-24 Merr

285lb  Swope- CP  dec T. Williams 27-25 CP

So with this line up it will come down to bonus points IMO.  About 5 of these matches could go either way.  Hope both teams are healthy.  Should be a good dual.

This is Jake Fuqua wrestles, anybody know the injury or his status?

Rumors have it , that Fuquas done . I can't see Josh Fuqua losing to Garcia for a 3rd time , and CP needs Halsted to take Padilla which he has done before .

Rumors have it , that Fuquas done . I can't see Josh Fuqua losing to Garcia for a 3rd time , and CP needs Halsted to take Padilla which he has done before .

yeah but that would be best case scenario for CP and we all know in wrestling that that almost never happens.

This is the second time that you said "Rumor has it Fuqua is done"

say what you have to say man

At the DAC Tourney I heard stories going around about his future whether its physical or personal its none of my business , he's a great wrestler and I hope that everything works out for him and he's back on the mat soon .

At the DAC Tourney I heard stories going around about his future whether its physical or personal its none of my business , he's a great wrestler and I hope that everything works out for him and he's back on the mat soon .

There were a lot of blue birds at the DAC, too bad it flew away or I would have got a definite answer. Maybe next time. 8)

Wow Fuqua would be a big loss for the bulldogs.  When healthy he seems to be a top 5-10 wrestler at his wt class.  But Costakis is out Merr. which is a big loss as well.  With Fuqua out I see it being 27-27.   Maybe Tsirtsis just goes to sectionals and wrestles 160 :)

This late in the season, I believe Fuqua is done.  Younger Fuqua tough as nails but Garcia got his #.  Always a good match.  Garcia just keeps looking better. 

Has Halsted beat Padilla this season????  Saw first match, both wrestled tough, Padilla got lucky.  but Padilla beat him convincingly at DAC.  Third match at Regionals gonna be a war!

This late in the season, I believe Fuqua is done.  Younger Fuqua tough as nails but Garcia got his #.  Always a good match.  Garcia just keeps looking better. 

Has Halsted beat Padilla this season????  Saw first match, both wrestled tough, Padilla got lucky.  but Padilla beat him convincingly at DAC.  Third match at Regionals gonna be a war!

What happened that he is done for the season?

The little one as you put it we will see.

Halsted will win

Padilla with a td and nearfall late to win the 1st match. Halsted with a nearfall for 3 to send it to OT in the 2 match both tight matches

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.