• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team predictions-

1) MD

2) Reitz

3) Memorial

Ruegar, Moody,  Welch, and Mauer are the clear favorites. Seems lik everyone behind them is just battling for 2nd.

But besides those it seems they could all be scrambled through top 3. Especially the lower weights. 126 will be one fun weight to watch if Gideon is back. Amy word on him?

What should the seeding look like?

Team predictions-

1) MD

2) Reitz

3) Memorial

Ruegar, Moody,  Welch, and Mauer are the clear favorites. Seems lik everyone behind them is just battling for 2nd.

But besides those it seems they could all be scrambled through top 3. Especially the lower weights. 126 will be one fun weight to watch if Gideon is back. Amy word on him?

What should the seeding look like?

I forgot about Moody and Welch.  120 and 132 will still have some good battles though with Johns/Goebel/Johnson/Turi at 120 and Schroeder/Oakley/Bouchie at 132.  Could have some great semi-final matches go a long way in determining the team champion.

I'm having trouble coming up with 160 lb. class

I think Memorial has Collovechia, MD Parkinson, I'm embarrased to say I don't even know the kid from Reitz!!

Help me out with some names and records SIAC fans!

160:

Castle

North

MD

Reitz

Harrison

Memorial

Bosse

Central

Ok then, the North guy lost to a 152 lb. kid from MD and King lost to the #1 ranked 170 lb. guy and the #3 ranked  in OT.  He also beat the previously top 5 ranked kid at 182 in Warren from Castle.

This makes a lot of sense. 

Seems obvious to me too.  (sarcasm intended)

Ok then, the North guy lost to a 152 lb. kid from MD and King lost to the #1 ranked 170 lb. guy and the #3 ranked  in OT.  He also beat the previously top 5 ranked kid at 182 in Warren from Castle.

This makes a lot of sense. 

Seeding criteria very rarely takes into affect strength of schedule.  The sectional(and most conference) criteria is as follows.

1. Head to Head

-In this case no head to head

2. Record vs. Common Opponents

-I assume in this case they both beat all common opponents

3. Returning champion or runner-up in the same weight class

-No clue about this, but assume it doesn't count

4. Winning percentage

At sectional and conference where they seed like this you will usually see some interesting seedings where a kid from a school with a weaker schedule will come in with a stellar record and get a very high seed even though everyone and their mother knows that kid is over-rated.

"At sectional and conference where they seed like this you will usually see some interesting seedings where a kid from a school with a weaker schedule will come in with a stellar record and get a very high seed even though everyone and their mother knows that kid is over-rated."

I am in total agreement, Joe, in most cases.  However, the old Darwin dynamic of natural selection sometimes comes back to bite the kids who wrestle the toughest schedules.  Sometimes, a legitimate kid who belongs to a weak team  lives up to an unexpected high seed due to the best wanting to always wrestle the best throughout the course of a season. 

Seeding criteria very rarely takes into affect strength of schedule.  The sectional(and most conference) criteria is as follows.

1. Head to Head

-In this case no head to head

2. Record vs. Common Opponents

-I assume in this case they both beat all common opponents

3. Returning champion or runner-up in the same weight class

-No clue about this, but assume it doesn't count

4. Winning percentage

At sectional and conference where they seed like this you will usually see some interesting seedings where a kid from a school with a weaker schedule will come in with a stellar record and get a very high seed even though everyone and their mother knows that kid is over-rated.

The IHSAA sent this email out about how to deal with the returning champions and runner-ups.

"In light of the fact that there are ten new weight classes, the following will apply for determining returning champion and runner-up for the current weight classes:

2011                                  2012

103                                      106

112                                      113

119                                      120

125                                      126

130                                      132

135                                      138

140                                      145

145                                      152

152                                      160

160                                      170

171                                      182

189                                      195

215                                      220

285                                      285

This is a corresponding weight class listing.  Please plan accordingly.

Robert E. Faulkens"

Okay - I'm not over it - but I will move on!!

I don't have the seeds so I will just pick the champs for now.

106:  Kuhn ®

113:  Mastison (H) I'm saving my Davis ® pick for Sectionals

120:  Welch ©

126:  Wedding (ME)  Same as above - I will go with Vanhook ® for Sectionals

132:  Moody ®

138:  Lannert (MD)

145:  Appel ®  wide open with CE, MD, and ME

152:  Rueger ®

160:  Colavechia (ME)  I really have no idea in this weight?

170:  King ® After all that complaining, I had to go this way.  I do think the championship will be decided in the semis with King vs. Warren (CA).

182:  Brandenstein (MD)

195:  Maurer (MD)

220:  Schnarr ®

285:  Hohl (CE) I haven't seen Wright (MD) this year but I know he's very good and pinned Hohl late in a tight match earlier in the season.  This is just a hunch!!

Okay - I'm not over it - but I will move on!!

I don't have the seeds so I will just pick the champs for now.

106:  Kuhn ®

113:  Mastison (H) I'm saving my Davis ® pick for Sectionals

120:  Welch ©

126:  Wedding (ME)  Same as above - I will go with Vanhook ® for Sectionals

132:  Moody ®

138:  Lannert (MD)

145:  Appel ®  wide open with CE, MD, and ME

152:  Rueger ®

160:  Colavechia (ME)  I really have no idea in this weight?

170:  King ® After all that complaining, I had to go this way.  I do think the championship will be decided in the semis with King vs. Warren (CA).

182:  Brandenstein (MD)

195:  Maurer (MD)

220:  Schnarr ®

285:  Hohl (CE) I haven't seen Wright (MD) this year but I know he's very good and pinned Hohl late in a tight match earlier in the season.  This is just a hunch!!

113 is WIDE open any of the top 4 could win it and I think 145 is much the same, but I would give Bassmeier from MD a slight edge.  At 160 I will go with Parkinson from MD he has already beat the Colavechia twice this year I believe and I'll take Wright at 285 because of the earlier win and because he was leading the match at the time of the fall.  Should be some great semi-final matches as well as 3rd/4th place matches on Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.