State Champs

SLDchamp

I wouldn't  be surprised to see Micic win at 106,  Steveson from Merr at 160, and I

can't see Knura beating Kral or Robinson, or Gallegos.  He hasn't wrestled the competition

that either of the above have.  All of the good 220's will be at the Merrillville  semi-state.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't  be surprised to see Micic win at 106,  Steveson from Merr at 160, and I

can't see Knura beating Kral or Robinson, or Gallegos.  He hasn't wrestled the competition

that either of the above have.  All of the good 220's will be at the Merrillville  semi-state.

I agree with Micic at 106 and Stevenson at 160.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Kourtney Berry win at 195 either.

I really like Underwood at 60 and i might be wrong but i think i am the only one to have picked him. I know Harvey and Johnson are tough but Underwoods only loss, to my knowledge, is to Mappes in OT.  Mappes is my pick for 70 so that match went exactly the way it probably should have

You can't at all see that?

I'm kind of expecting Phillips to take 3rd behind Crume and Ayersman. Never seen LeCount wrestle, but he's obviously the real deal. I'd pick Phillips over him, but probably could go either way.

I agree with that, that is the way i see it. Ayersman, Crume, Phillips, LeCount.  And like i said Lecount winning the third fourth match wouldnt be a huge upset in my mind..

Sorry that this is a little off-subject, but does wrestling have an academic all-state team? What are the qualifications?  I have a son that is excelling both on the mat and in the classroom and I didn't know wrestling acknowledged those athletes.

Info here

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,20019.0.html

I'm sure Knura and Bass will have something to say about that.

I dont see Nathan Boston getting beat this year, and Boston beat Micic in the semi finals last year

I dont see Nathan Boston getting beat this year, and Boston beat Micic in the semi finals last year

Boston barely beat Micic when Micic weighed around 95 pounds. Micic has put on more weight and could pull it off.

I'll go for a top 4 finish for each weight class just because.

106 - Stevan Micic, Nate Boston, Tommy Cash, Damon Kuhn

113 - Jarred Brooks, Schuyler Phillips, Brandon James, Matt Frane

120 - Brendan Campbell, Mason Todd, Luke Welch, Paul Petrov

126 - Kyle Ayersman, Nick Crume, Cody Phillips, Cody LeCount

132 - Neal Molloy, Jarred McKinley(Tough decision here), Tommy Forte, Luke Blanton

138 - Devon Jackson, Mitch Hartman, Nick Bova, Conner James

145 - Jason Tsirtsis, Brooks Faroute, Jake Lannert, Vincent Corsaro

152 - Connor Mullins, Quincy Richey, Blake Reuger, Isaiah Bradley

160 - Brian Harvey, Jacob Underwood, Kirk Johnson, Bobby Stevenson

170 - Sean Mappes, Tyler Willis, Anthony Quiroz, Tanner Adams

182 - Matt Hurford, Tanner Lynde, Lukas Schaeffer, Dalton Brandenstein

195 - Mitch Sliga, Kourtney Berry, Spencer Raypole, Dane Maurer

220 - Keith Knura, Tyler Kral, Joe Gallegos, Galen Robinson

285 - Abraham Hall, Kaden Suter, Wesley Bernard, Dominique Stauffer

Phillips did not wrestle this weekend at SD (shoulder).  UC fans by us said he might be done, but nothing official.  That would be a tough blow.  To him and that bracket.

I can't see Cody sitting out his senior year from the state tournament due to a shoulder injury

Boston barely beat Micic when Micic weighed around 95 pounds. Micic has put on more weight and could pull it off.

Micic weighed in at 103 on Saturday morning.  They had a good battle last year that surprised many people.

The Boston/Micic match this year may end up being the best match at state!!!!!!

Here we go

106 Boston, Micic

113 Brooks, James

120 Todd, Campbell

126 Ayersman, Crume

132 McKinley, Malloy

138 Jackson, Hartman

145 Tsirtsis, Corsaro

152 Richey, Reuger

160 Harvey, Johnson

170 Willis, Mappes

182 Lynde, Hurford

195 Sliga, Maurer (tough to leave Berry out)

220 Kral, Knura

Hwt conflict of intrest, lol

Good luck all, somebody make a fool of my picks... ;)

Sliga is an awesome wrestler, but folkstyle is not his strong suit it seems. Maybe this is the year though.

An 80-4 record and two 3rd place finishes after two years, I would hate to see if folkstyle was his strong suit.

His losses are to:

Braden Atwood- Nationally ranked as a redshirt freshman at Purdue

Michael Johnson-Jones- JUCO All-American

Michael Duckworth- DI Wrestler

Aaron Stevenson- 2nd, 3rd in high school and having a solid season at U of Indy

I guess the other 189/195lbers in the state are glad folkstyle isn't "his strong suit."

An 80-4 record and two 3rd place finishes after two years, I would hate to see if folkstyle was his strong suit.

His losses are to:

Braden Atwood- Nationally ranked as a redshirt freshman at Purdue

Michael Johnson-Jones- JUCO All-American

Michael Duckworth- DI Wrestler

Aaron Stevenson- 2nd, 3rd in high school and having a solid season at U of Indy

I guess the other 189/195lbers in the state are glad folkstyle isn't "his strong suit."

Not to mention a Cadet's USWA Folkstyle National Title, and 3rd place this year at Super32

Sliga is an awesome wrestler, but folkstyle is not his strong suit it seems. Maybe this is the year though.

Very strange comment. Losses to upperclassman whom are excelling at the collegiate level, and placing at Super 32 and winning several USAW titles in folkstyle. I think it is safe to say mitch is one of the most nationally recognized wrestlers indiana has ever had. Studs were in his way but his time has come...

106-Boston

112-Brooks

120-Cambell

126-Ayersman

132-Molloy

138-Jackson

145-Tsirtsis

152-Mullins

160-Harvey

170-Willis

182-Lynde

195-Raypole

220-Kral

285-Suter

There is noway Raypole is even in Sliga's league...Raypole is good but I saw him struggle at the Spartan Classic with Early from Greenfield-Central....I think this one is Sliga's to lose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.