Rules are made to be broken.

Inittodeep

Here is my two cents worth.  You give each team two wildcard (anywhere in Indiana) kids and you knock the forfeits down to three points a piece.  It is not a perfect system because some teams may choose to give up the three points instead of putting an inexperienced wrestler on the mat but this would eliminate any "broken rules".  It was a great tournament and I applaud all of the people who were involved in putting this tournament together.  The final match was about as exciting as an elementary dual could be unless of course several people get thrown out!

Bryan Bailey 

When you have clubs who bring what they have, which from what I saw Columbia City, Jay County, and some others makes you go back to what DLane posted:

"This is a community dual event, I still think it should be only the school you attend. That would make the rules straight forward (so if you attend school A you can't wrestle for school B or C)"

Far as small clubs,  (William Watson and Jimmy Gray) coach Greenwood Wrestling Club and our goal next year is to compete in this event as a club. We are blocked by Whiteland, Center Grove, Perry, CYO  and if we can change some things such as common weight class that were FF this year and maybe use some of NUWAY to add lower weights might help and then to low points if we have FF.

This would be a true community based event. What school you are going to will be the club you can wrestle for regardless if you go to Contenders, Red Cobra, CIA, Humphrey, The Region 219, State Street, Nomad Elite or any other Academy. I hope we can add the All Star back, CIA just competed in VA and Contenders MI. I will be at the meeting to give my input, I hope you do the same.

Opportunity for input:

Matty B:?Last year we had a meeting at Ben Davis the night of weigh-ins. We will be meeting there again this year. This is an open invitation to all CLUB LEADERS, to join us to discuss this event and to give input for future dual state championships. Please come be a part of the solution

Seen several elem teams with 4 plus inactive members on teams. Even kids that live  over 30 miles away from the schools. So I say just get rid of the rules. 

I do not consider this post a statement of fact. Using our data base, the ISWA office checked every team roster in an attempt to make certain that all wrestlers (with the exception of 4) were from the same club or school district. As to the 4 additional wrestlers, we used mapquest to check the distance from the city where the wrestler resides to the city where the school is located and we did not find any violations

I do not consider this post a statement of fact. Using our data base, the ISWA office checked every team roster in an attempt to make certain that all wrestlers (with the exception of 4) were from the same club or school district. As to the 4 additional wrestlers, we used mapquest to check the distance from the city where the wrestler resides to the city where the school is located and we did not find any violations

Cough cough BS

First I support the clubs out there teaching our young wrestlers, but if you live where there are no clubs for the school that your child goes to  (IPS or Charter) are you saying that they cant participate? My son started with a club that turned into an academy because the AD at that school only wanted kids from that district in the club the coach is a great coach and started an academy and accepted all kids. This was not money driven but the love of the sport and not wanting any kid left out, and yes wrestlers parents drove from all over the state as well as out of state for the training provided. So I agree that there should be two divisions club and academy, I would love to see some of the match ups between CIA, State Street, Red Cobra, Humphrey, Hoosier Elite, and Contenders and any other that I have missed since most of the top wrestlers attend or have attended at least one of these academy's. Lets support all the coaches and clubs/academy's and their wrestlers have the club event one weekend and the academy the following so that the wrestlers that do both can wrestle in both. Just a thought ???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.