escobedo lc vs neal valpo,  Escobedo won

tsirtsis vs katsaforas, Tsirtsis won

katsaforas vs Sandefer, Sandefur won

steveson vs schurg, Steveson won

Kral v Deluna, Deluna won

Berry v Langbehn, Berry won

Robinson v Kral, Kral won

Swope v Brock, Swope won

Wow Merrillville must have come to wrestle.  I think the dual is going to be a whole different story at regionals, with Berry in the lineup and Tsirtsis not able to bump up to 160.  Merr. could win 152, 160, 170, 182 and pin at 195.  Could be really interesting.  I think 120, 152 and 132 are the 3 key matches who every wins 2 out of 3 will be going to team state.

Congrats to Merrillville on a nice day with 8 champions. To bad I missed it. Does anyone know what happened to Quiroz? Is he hurt? Also heard coach Vlink was not at the meet does anyone know what happen to him?

So does this make the Pirates the Conference Champs also ?

They are the individual tournament champions. CP is the overall champions. Not sure how exactly it works out but I think that the dual season counts for 75% with the individual tournament count for the other 25%.

If CP and Merrillville meet again it will cerrtanly be closer, but CP could still make some moves

that would enhance their chances.  If I was CP's coach I would put Blue in  at 45, Tsirtsis at 52, Jake Fuqua

at 60 and Schurg at 70.

If CP and Merrillville meet again it will cerrtanly be closer, but CP could still make some moves

that would enhance their chances.  If I was CP's coach I would put Blue in  at 45, Tsirtsis at 52, Jake Fuqua

at 60 and Schurg at 70.

I agree this would be the best move for CP.  Will be interesting to see how it how it goes.  

106lb  Garza Merr  pin  Ervin  6-0 Merr

112lb Darden Schurg CP dec Brodie 6-3 Merr.

119lb  Garcia Merr dec Josh Fuqua 9-3 Merr. (Swing match)

126lb Tr. Burlison CP  dec Martin  9-6 Merr

132lb  Padilla Merr dec Halsted   12-6 Merr

138lb  Ty. Burlison  CP dec Spudic  12-9 Merr

145lb  Trevor Blue CP  maj Hollins    13-12 CP

152 lb  Tsirtsis tech CP Sandefer  18-12 CP            

160lb  Stevenson  maj Fuqua  18-16  CP

170lb  Dusty Schurg CP  dec Peppers  21-16 CP (Swing match)

182lb  Deluna Merr dec Morgan Kral 21-19 CP

195lb  Berry Merr pin Langbehn CP  25-21 Merr

220lb  Tyler Kral  CP dec Nickson  25-24 Merr

285lb  Swope- CP  dec T. Williams 27-25 CP

So with this line up it will come down to bonus points IMO.  About 5 of these matches could go either way.  Hope both teams are healthy.  Should be a good dual.

that would enhance their chances.  If I was CP's coach I would put Blue in  at 45, Tsirtsis at 52, Jake Fuqua

at 60 and Schurg at 70.

Any truth that Jake Fuqua might be done for the year ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.