Pound for pound best wrestlers?

Sgyorks

Nobody has giving opinions on this is 2 yrs.  what everybody Think the best 10-15 best are pound for pound!

Mine are:

Tsirtsis-145

Sliga-195

Brooks-113

Molly-132

McKinley-132

Ayersman-126

N Boston-106

Jackson-138

Todd-120

Micic-106

Mullins-152

Bova-138

Petrov-126

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe nobody has a 2X State Champ and a 3rd place finisher on this list.

1. Tsirtsis

2. Phillips

3. McKinley

4. Todd

5. Jackson

6. Sliga

7. Ayersman

8. Brooks

9. Boston

10. Willis

Two fluke 103lb titles that are resreved for Freshman? Please, he'll be lucky to qualify at a MAN's weight (cough, scarcasm, cough)

1. Jason Tsirtsis CP 3x champ

2. Nathan Boston LN 1x undefeated

3. Kyle Ayersman 3rd 2x champ

4. Mason Todd Pendleton heights 1x

5. Devon Jackson Yorktown 2x runner up

6. Jared McKinley Perry Meridian 1x

7. Jared Brooks Warsaw 2nd super 32 champ

8. Neal Molloy Danville 1x

9. Cody Phillips union county 2x

10. Mitch Sliga Fisher fargo champ

Pretty long lists so far

1. Tsirtsis - this year, he might be able to win a state title at any weight between 145 and 182 (171 and 182 may be too much weight - but it would be hard to pick against him)

2. Sliga - Capable of winning @ 195 - HWT

No Jackson ? Super 32 runner up, 2 time state runner up, ranked number 11 nationally, and sent Tsirtsis into OT?  3rd at flonationals.

Knew I had to have been forgetting someone... Yeah, Jackson is easily in the top 8.

Revision;

1. Jason Tsirtsis

2. Jarred Brooks

3. Mitch Sliga

4. Nathan Boston

5. Kyle Ayersman

6. Devon Jackon

7. Jared McKinley

8. Mason Todd

how many of the guys listed here could compete for a state title at higher weights (of course winning at any weight is a great accomplishment, but when you start going after the best pound for pund I think it needs to be considered).

As I posted earlier - I think Tsirtsis would be the favorite at 152 and 160 -- possibly even all the way up to 170.

Sliga may be the favorite at 220 and even heavy

Brooks lost to Todd last year but as good as Brooks was last year, he has really improved (Haven't seen Todd this year the same may be true of him).

Other than these 3 I don't see anyone else that would be a favorite in a higher weight class -- Others are close, but for my money Tsirtsis, Sliga and Brooks are 1,2 and 3 when it comes to pound for pound.

how many of the guys listed here could compete for a state title at higher weights (of course winning at any weight is a great accomplishment, but when you start going after the best pound for pund I think it needs to be considered).

As I posted earlier - I think Tsirtsis would be the favorite at 152 and 160 -- possibly even all the way up to 170.

Sliga may be the favorite at 220 and even heavy

Brooks lost to Todd last year but as good as Brooks was last year, he has really improved (Haven't seen Todd this year the same may be true of him).

Other than these 3 I don't see anyone else that would be a favorite in a higher weight class -- Others are close, but for my money Tsirtsis, Sliga and Brooks are 1,2 and 3 when it comes to pound for pound.

Jackson would be favored @ 145 if  anybody other than a rare talent like Tsirtsis was there. So, I think an exception has to be made. Also, I think Mullins would be the favorite @ 160.

Jackson would be favored @ 145 if  anybody other than a rare talent like Tsirtsis was there. So, I think an exception has to be made. Also, I think Mullins would be the favorite @ 160.

The fact that Tsirtsis is there is kind of my point. One way of ranking the best pound for pound is to determine how high would the wrestler be ranked in higher weight classes.

I am not trying to take anything away from Jackson but he would not be favored over Tsirtsis at 145. Jackson had a great off season and maybe if they were to wrestle again Jackson pulls it off. But in our hypothetical pound for pound ranking it would be hard to justify.

Mullins may be the favorite at 160, but would not be the favorite at 152 if Tsirtsis is at 152.

All of this points to just how phenomenal Tsirtsis is.

I do believe Jackson and Mullins are defenately the tops at there weights and may be in the pound for pound consideration if not for Tsirtsis

It's been established that Tsirtsis is a given at #1....Everyone else is breaking it down to include other worthy wrestlers. Your question was "who would be favored at a higher weight?" That was my answer. You could have just hit the quote button, and typed in " I agree." Rather, than saying the same thing I did, just taking 4x longer to do it.  ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.