Lake County?

sportsfangms

A very nice job of hosting the event by Hanover Central.  The tribute before the finals to Coach Willems was emotional, touching and well done.

Finals - sorry no scoring detail

106 Cortez HC over Truver LC

113 Micic HC over Reitz GRIF

120 Petrov HC over Lechowicz LC

126 Ayersman LC over Ayala HOB

132 Martinez GRIFF over Goodwin LC

138 Vasquez HOB over Rentas RIVER

145 Mavros HC over Sebahar LC

152 Morales HOB over Maldonado HIGH

160 Sopko HOB over Nauracy MUN

170 Rodriguez HOB over Scott HC

182 Fimbianti MUN over Medley GAVIT

195 Popovich LC over Yost GRIF

225 Robinson LC (inj def) over Yanez RIVER

285 Valenzuela HOB over Pajdzik GAVIT

Thank you rjlech for posting.

No  problem, gotta keep the region love alive. Also, l didn't mention that Hanover alumni

Andrew Howe and Roger Vukobratovich were on hand to shake hands and take pictures with each and every place winner during the awards presentations. Nice Touch

I have worked all 11 Lake County tournaments and I have to say that Hanover Central did an amazing job hosting the meet. The AD, Jeff Brooks, and Coach Nick Petrov had a fantastic turnout of parents, alumni and former wrestlers on hand to assist with the tournament, hospitality room, and awards. Kudos to Calumet Coach Jim Wadkins and Region Wrestling Academy's Bill Hawkins for their contributions, and the announcer, Mike Roe, did a really nice job during the meet, as well as with the tribute to Coach John Willems and his family.

PS

I'll go back for the hospitality room alone.... some good grub!  :) ;D :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.