McKinley VS Molloy

headlock83

This should be interesting whenever it takes place.  Are these two in the same regional?  If so, that will be interesting for the fans but it would suck for these two.  After watching Molloy win state last year, I figured he would be a 3 timer.  Man I didn't think about these two in the same weight class.  I know that McKinley is ranked #1 but I think I have to go Molloy on this one.  Does anyone know if these two have ever wrestled each other before?  As exciting as it could be, it is sort of a shame that one will be denied a 2012 title. 

Completely different semi-states and Molloy has yet to wrestle 132.

Thanks for the information.  I thought the two schools were close enough in proximity that they would be in at least the same semi-state.  Shows you what I know.  That's better anyway, if the match is going to occur, no better place than under the lights at Indy. 

Although it was freestyle, McKinley and Molloy had a great match this past year at Junior State.

But from what y2 says it has to be re-refereed and doesn't really count as a win for McKinley  so.....Man i wish they could do that for my senior year semi-state match clear things up for me. Maybe i can just send it to Y2 that would get things cleared up for me.

But from what y2 says it has to be re-refereed and doesn't really count as a win for McKinley  so.....Man i wish they could do that for my senior year semi-state match clear things up for me. Maybe i can just send it to Y2 that would get things cleared up for me.

If you would take off your Blue and Silver glasses you would be able to see that there were some points missing from the scoreboard.

If you would take off your Blue and Silver glasses you would be able to see that there were some points missing from the scoreboard.

I am not saying anything about the scoreboard just the fact that you think you are correct and the head of FS and GR officials is the one making the call if you notice Mark Mundy is the chair for the match i believe he knows the interpretation of the rules a lot better than you or I.  

Could you then explain to me what the call was that resulted from the action?  How does one get one point for a takedown and two turns?

i think this would be one for Mark Mundy as i stated earlier he knows more about the rules than myself. i think the two truns only happen cause the throw was score incorrectly to begin with as Jared doesn't fight the guts at all. I have seen jared fight off far better gut wrench attempts than what molloy attempted.

Could you then explain to me what the call was that resulted from the action?  How does one get one point for a takedown and two turns?

Coach P was in the corner and didn't seem to argue much with the call once it was explained to him by the ref.

if this match happens which i dont think it will....(malloy vs jackson) should be the topic but again if this match happens i will say mckinley wins by 5 or more

Molloy has apperently already made weight for 132. I would bet against you and likely win that bet. McKinley is tough but hes not going to beat Molloy by 5 or more points.

if this match happens which i dont think it will....(malloy vs jackson) should be the topic but again if this match happens i will say mckinley wins by 5 or more

I"d take that spread all day long. I would be more apt to believe McKinley would get a fall before believing he wins by 5+ points. (Obviously because of his headlock abilities)

I"d take that spread all day long. I would be more apt to believe McKinley would get a fall before believing he wins by 5+ points. (Obviously because of his headlock abilities)

I agree with this statement.  I still think Molloy narrowly wins this match, however that headlock of McKinley's is certainly an equalizer.  I don't know how effective the headlock will be against Molloy.  His reaction time and balance are pretty solid.

I agree with this statement.  I still think Molloy narrowly wins this match, however that headlock of McKinley's is certainly an equalizer.  I don't know how effective the headlock will be against Molloy.  His reaction time and balance are pretty solid.

I am sure Kieffer was thinking the same thing.

Molloy has a be better chance to win state at 132 than 138. I do not see him beating Jackson. I think Jackson would control the match, but Molloy is sure fun to watch. Jackson destroyed Hartman earlier in the year from beginning to end. Either way good wrestlers make for good matches. Good luck to both..

I have wrestled a lot with McKinley and I have to give him the nod over Molloy. Last year Molloy was one of the most impressive wrestlers in the whole state tournament and I think they are both skilled enough to win consecutive titles but I just think Jared will be too strong for Neal. Jared just has a quality about him where I don't think he will lose in crunch time. We all saw him dominate last year, not because he was that much better than everyone else but because he wasn't going to hold anything back. The winner will be the guy who is most mentally prepared for this match at state. Good luck to both guys and I can't wait to watch this one.

Jordin Humphrey

I have wrestled a lot with McKinley and I have to give him the nod over Molloy. Last year Molloy was one of the most impressive wrestlers in the whole state tournament and I think they are both skilled enough to win consecutive titles but I just think Jared will be too strong for Neal. Jared just has a quality about him where I don't think he will lose in crunch time. We all saw him dominate last year, not because he was that much better than everyone else but because he wasn't going to hold anything back. The winner will be the guy who is most mentally prepared for this match at state. Good luck to both guys and I can't wait to watch this one.

Jordin Humphrey

I would have to agree with this statement.  I have been around the Perry program a little bit over the last three years.  Jared Mckinley has a very quiet confidence about him.  He's not cocky, not arrogant just as mentally tough as they come.  I remember him coming out as a fresman against Castle and needing a pin or tech fall to win it for Perry in the team state, and the look on his face said it all.  He looked as though it was another day at the office.  Same look last year in the Regionals before he wrestled Kieffer.  I liken this look to the same one Tom Brady had when he came out for the Patriots first posession against the Colts when we played them in the playoffs at New England.  The Colts had just punted and the camera zoomed in on Brady's face and I knew the Colts were going to lose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.