Team Regional Rankings (January 23)

maligned

Here are the final team regional rankings.  As always, please chime in with your thoughts!  If I'm missing something big, I would make a final adjustment before sectionals this weekend. 

* = sectional favorite

Portage

Feeder Sectionals: Calumet, Crown Point, East Chicago Central, LaPorte.

1. *Crown Point

2. *Merrillville

3. Lowell

4. *Portage

5. *Lake Central

6. Valparaiso

7. Chesterton

8. Hanover Central

Jimtown

Feeder Sectionals: Elkhart Memorial, Mishawaka, Plymouth, Westview.

1. *Elkhart Memorial

2. *Penn

3. Jimtown

4. South Bend Clay

5. South Bend Riley

6. Mishawaka

7. *DeKalb

8. East Noble

Also sectional favorite: Culver Academies

Adams Central

Feeder Sectionals: Carroll (Fort Wayne), Delta, Jay County, New Haven.

1. *Bellmont

2. Adams Central

3. South Adams

4. *Yorktown

5. *FW Snider

6. *Bishop Dwenger

7. Carroll

8. Jay County

Logansport

Feeder Sectionals: Lafayette Jefferson, Oak Hill, Peru, Twin Lakes.

1. *Kokomo

2. *Delphi

3. WL Harrison

4. *Peru

5. *Twin Lakes

6. Logansport

7. Lewis Cass

8. Huntington North

Zionsville

Feeder Sectionals: Crawfordsville, Hamilton Heights, Lawrence Central, Zionsville.

1. *Cathedral

2. *Hamilton Southeastern

3. Westfield

4. Fishers

5. *Pendleton Heights

6. Zionsville

7. *North Montgomery

8. Fountain Central

Martinsville

Feeder Sectionals: Avon, Indianapolis Washington, Mooresville, Northview.

1. *Perry Meridian

2. *Franklin

3. Center Grove

4. *Bloomington South

5. Martinsville

6. Ben Davis

7. *Avon

8. Danville

Connersville

Feeder Sectionals: Jennings County, Franklin County, Tri, Shelbyville.

1. *Roncalli

2. Greenfield-Central

3. Warren Central

4. New Palestine

5. *Connersville

6. *Jennings County

7. East Central

8. Franklin Central

Also sectional favorite: New Castle

Southridge

Feeder Sectionals: Castle, Evansville Central, Jeffersonville, Southridge.

1. *Evansville Mater Dei

2. Evansville Reitz

3. Evansville Memorial

4. *Jeffersonville

5. Floyd Central

6. *Heritage Hills

7. *Jasper

8. Evansville Central

• 2 weeks later...

From the results I've seen,  here are my top five teams for the Logan regional.

1) Kokomo

2) WL Harrison

3) TL

4) Delphi

5) Peru

Yeah, honestly, flip a coin with these 5.  They've all got good and bad performances.  I had Kokomo number 1 in the last edition, but Peru performed better than them against 4 different opponents this weekend--plus beat them head to head at the end.  Peru seems to be headed up, so I moved them from 4 to 1 since it's impossible to separate these teams.

Jimtown had to forfeit around 3 weight classes and had a JV kid at 195 instead of their top ten ranked kid due to injury

Not taking anything away from Jimtown.  They are a great team.  But they still won 195.  We also forfeited 106 and the other 2 forfeits we recieved were at weight classes that we had a great chance of winning.  Also there were a couple matches we were winning and ended up getting caught for the loss.  Not saying how the outcome would have went either way.  But we are definetly right there with them.

Not taking anything away from Jimtown.  They are a great team.  But they still won 195.  We also forfeited 106 and the other 2 forfeits we recieved were at weight classes that we had a great chance of winning.  Also there were a couple matches we were winning and ended up getting caught for the loss.  Not saying how the outcome would have went either way.  But we are definetly right there with them.

I would agree with that. Im actually from Bremen and u guys dominated us pretty good. I think we only won a couple of weight classes

I would agree with that. Im actually from Bremen and u guys dominated us pretty good. I think we only won a couple of weight classes

Your heavy weight scared me.  :)  He looks good.  Good luck the rest of the season.

Southmont??

Numbers 5-10 in that region are very tightly grouped.  I had Southmont in last time, but they had a tough week while North Montgomery (who previously beat Southmont) and Fountain Central (who finished ahead of a very strong South Adams team and almost ahead of Ben Davis in a duals-type individual tourney) had very strong runs since the last rating.

Yeah, honestly, flip a coin with these 5.  They've all got good and bad performances.  I had Kokomo number 1 in the last edition, but Peru performed better than them against 4 different opponents this weekend--plus beat them head to head at the end.  Peru seems to be headed up, so I moved them from 4 to 1 since it's impossible to separate these teams.

Peru did look good, but Kokomo lost 2 ssq before facing them in the last round, on top of having 4 other starters out. If healthy, Kokomo is the favorite.

Peru did look good, but Kokomo lost 2 ssq before facing them in the last round, on top of having 4 other starters out. If healthy, Kokomo is the favorite.

Thanks.  That's good information.  I wondered why the 5 scores seemed a little off of what I would have expected.

Yes as stated by  J and B, Kokomo had some guys out of the line-up when they faced Peru.  Peru person here, I love our squad this year, but we have no seniors and are full of sophs and a few juniors making up the line up and still can challenge a lot of people. The next two years should be special if the kids keep working hard.  Huntington North is in the Peru sectional too and although I have not heard much about them this year, they won it last year and were returning some good kids.  Maconaquah has some talent also and should have some champs points in some classes.

Peru absolutely dominated the Super 8 this weekend against everybody but Kokomo, and as said earlier, Kokomo did not have a full strength team. 

Thanks.  That's good information.  I wondered why the 5 scores seemed a little off of what I would have expected.

I wouldnt say Kokomo is the favoritel, even when they had their kids in the line up they still didn't look all that tough. At Peru's super 8 Kokomo barely won against Oakhill and Angola when Peu lost maybe 8 matches in the two duals against them combined, Peru didn't match up well against Kokomo and I don't see Coach Hobbs letting that happen next time they wrestle

I wouldnt say Kokomo is the favoritel, even when they had their kids in the line up they still didn't look all that tough. At Peru's super 8 Kokomo barely won against Oakhill and Angola when Peu lost maybe 8 matches in the two duals against them combined, Peru didn't match up well against Kokomo and I don't see Coach Hobbs letting that happen next time they wrestle

so if 2 of peru's ssq were out, it wouldn't make a difference? Bennidict inj def to us. I'm not sure who would have won, but I don't think we would get a pin, which is what we got for points when he injury defaulted. I would guess Peru got a pin against Kokomo at that weight. Although Kern might beat Tony, I don't know if I've seen Tony get pinned. Same with Angola. Kokomo's 152 inj defaulted against Angola, I doubt he gets pinned, that alone is at least 6+for Kokomo . the best part about this, it isn't the BCS. we have a playoff system and it's going to  be fun to watch

Numbers 5-10 in that region are very tightly grouped.  I had Southmont in last time, but they had a tough week while North Montgomery (who previously beat Southmont) and Fountain Central (who finished ahead of a very strong South Adams team and almost ahead of Ben Davis in a duals-type individual tourney) had very strong runs since the last rating.

Well i guess we can either be more sure or modify after Southmont and North meet up in a individual tourney

• 2 weeks later...

Rankings updated through January 23.  This is the final edition unless someone makes me aware of something big I'm missing.  As always, please chime in with your thoughts.  I've looked at all results posted on this site and in many other places, but I don't always know if a team is missing 7 starters for SAT tests or something.

Good luck this weekend, everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.