#12 Lykins over #8 Smiley dec 10-9

#8 Brown over #6 Kriech dec 10-6

#6 Kriech over #11 Fuqua fall 5:25

#2 Harvey over #12 Hessman tech fall 18-3

#3 Logan over #12 Hessman dec 10-3

#7 Schurg over #12 Hessman dec 8-4

#1 Willis over #8 Bowman dec 3-2

This is to respond also to ontherise:

Franko and Vaughn's match was really close.  Vaughn tied it up with a reversal with like five seconds left and Franko gets a takedown at the buzzer on the edge!

The Davis match with Gayfield seems also to be close, won toward the end of the 3rd.  Franko, who lost also to Davis, but beat Vaughn, had a score or two on Deelo (reversal, I think?), but Deelo was in the driver's seat.    Sorry, I forget the match scores.

106 was a fun weight class to watch.  All of the matches between these four were normal decisions, I think, and between Franko, Vaughn, and Gayfield at sectionals, it ought to be a barnburner.  The Goshen regional with those three, plus Mockensturm of Prairie Heights and Knapp of East Noble ought be quite exciting.  If Mullet of Westview drops down, wow.

Good job to Casey and Delawrence.  I figured Delawrence was going to have a good season, but I'm surprised he beat Zack Davis. How was Franko and Vaughn's match?

This is to respond also to ontherise:

Franko and Vaughn's match was really close.  Vaughn tied it up with a reversal with like five seconds left and Franko gets a takedown at the buzzer on the edge!

The Davis match with Gayfield seems also to be close, won toward the end of the 3rd.  Franko, who lost also to Davis, but beat Vaughn, had a score or two on Deelo (reversal, I think?), but Deelo was in the driver's seat.    Sorry, I forget the match scores.

106 was a fun weight class to watch.  All of the matches between these four were normal decisions, I think, and between Franko, Vaughn, and Gayfield at sectionals, it ought to be a barnburner.  The Goshen regional with those three, plus Mockensturm of Prairie Heights and Knapp of East Noble ought be quite exciting.  If Mullet of Westview drops down, wow.

Gayfield had everyones number at the Charger Saturday. He was on fire and wrestled extremely well. He should be looked at to be ranked in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.